PDA

View Full Version : 3 Wins vs. Top 10 BCS Teams?

tru2ou
11/11/2007, 08:46 AM
If OU wins out, they will have three wins vs. top 10 BCS teams. Only one of thse games will be at home. I just don't see how the resume of UO or LSU can stack up to that.

I watch the SEC evey week and that conference is very average right now. Mississippi State beating Alabama yesterday showed us all how good the Tide is right now and they had LSU beat until falling apart.

The only thing that's hurting us right now is the OOC. When it was scheduled, Miami and North Texas were both decent teams. Now they both suck beyond belief.

I still think three wins vs. top 10 BCS teams would create a huge argument.

- Tru

sendbaht
11/11/2007, 10:01 AM
I agree!

tanjou
11/11/2007, 10:10 AM
colorado beat oklahoma therefore colorado would beat texas and missouri and every other team that oklahoma has beat right

oh wait

Don't fall victim to that sort of logic. College teams play much differently against different teams in different scenarios. LSU and Oregon have looked great all season and deserve their rankings. Oklahoma just needs to focus on the next three games, which all look to be tough ones. If we win the Big XII then we'll have done all we can.

SoonerBacker
11/11/2007, 10:14 AM
colorado beat oklahoma therefore colorado would beat texas and missouri and every other team that oklahoma has beat right

oh wait

Don't fall victim to that sort of logic. College teams play much differently against different teams in different scenarios. LSU and Oregon have looked great all season and deserve their rankings. Oklahoma just needs to focus on the next three games, which all look to be tough ones. If we win the Big XII then we'll have done all we can.

Agreed. That's aggie logic. All the Sooners can do at this point is take care of their own business. Everything else will take care of itself. You never know when some team will jump up and beat one of those ahead of us. I never dreamed it would be Illinois that would knock off tOSU. I expected them to lose a game or two, but certainly not to Illinois at tOSU!

Readyfor8
11/11/2007, 10:19 AM

oh wait

No they really haven't looked that great all season. LSU has had miracle victory after miracle victory. Kentucky bit them in 3 OT's, yes that is they best quality loss in the top 10, but they needed magic to win vs. Auburn, Florida, and Alabama.

As for Oregon, the Pac10 is falling apart as we speak. With the Ducks best wins over a number 9 Arizona State team and a number 17 USC team that squeaked out wins this weekend, how does that compare to a win over a Number 6 Mizzou, and a number 13 Texas.

The best two wins in the country belong to Oklahoma, and week after week those wins look more impressive, you can't say the same thing about the Ducks and the Tigers.