PDA

View Full Version : Callahan Running it Up?

tru2ou
11/11/2007, 08:40 AM
The starters are in the game with 4:00 left and Lucky scores a TD to go up 73-24.

I know the guy was probably audtioning for his next job but KU could have scored 100 the week before. Now I wish they would have done it.

Maybe he was upset about losing Freeman to KSU in the recruiting process.

Hey, maybe they'll keep Callahan for another year since things are looking up. I'd love to see him bring the Huskers to Norman next year.

- Tru

soonerhubs
11/11/2007, 09:45 AM
Callahan running up the score to save his job is like someone throwing a deck chair off the Titanic.

Blues1
11/11/2007, 10:20 AM
As much as I don't Like Callahan I guess it's hard for me not to blame him after the season the huskers have had...But It does look weird seeing a team get beat by 70+ one week and winning the next week by 70+, Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see OU put 70+ on tech ...... :)

Still R'

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 10:27 AM
It would make for a good comeback story.

If Callahan was given another chance at next season and put together a BCS Bowl Team out of this...it would make for huge press.

I'm betting he's gone though.

Veritas
11/11/2007, 11:00 AM
It would make for a good comeback story.

If Callahan was given another chance at next season and put together a BCS Bowl Team out of this...it would make for huge press.

I'm betting he's gone though.
It would also make for huge press if Callahan invented anti-gravity paint.

My money is on the paint.

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 11:02 AM
It would also make for huge press if Callahan invented anti-gravity paint.

My money is on the paint.
I knew you'd like that perspective...lol.

:pop:

Veritas
11/11/2007, 11:07 AM
I knew you'd like that perspective...lol.

:pop:
Well, now you're just playing with my emotions. :mad: :texan:

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 11:09 AM
Well, now you're just playing with my emotions. :mad: :texan:
Don't ban me...I've only had a 1/2 cup of coffee.

Desert Sapper
11/11/2007, 11:15 AM
I just want to see somebody that isn't a total asshat in Lincoln. Running up the score on K-State just reinforces his dumbassitude. This guy has been nothing short of disastrous for NU. I think the 'skers would be better off with Tickle Me Elmo at the helm.

Veritas
11/11/2007, 11:17 AM
Don't ban me...I've only had a 1/2 cup of coffee.
Yeah, cuz I'm so that mod. :rolleyes:

Hey, go check out the LSU noob calling me an OU homer.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2109437&postcount=95

bluedogok
11/11/2007, 12:48 PM
I am sick of this "running up the score talk" in all levels of play, if you can't keep the other team from scoring get better and quit crying about it......

We were on the wrong end of the score like that in the 90's, we survived and so will everyone else.
Some people just need to grow a set......

Ash
11/11/2007, 01:28 PM
He's just trying to show Osbourne that he's ready to embrace Nebraska traditions.

Veritas
11/11/2007, 01:59 PM
I am sick of this "running up the score talk" in all levels of play, if you can't keep the other team from scoring get better and quit crying about it......

We were on the wrong end of the score like that in the 90's, we survived and so will everyone else.
Some people just need to grow a set......
Seriously. I didn't whine last week when KU beat the **** out of Nebraska. And I won't whine next year if OU hangs 100 on us like I know you guys want to. :D

Curly Bill
11/11/2007, 02:13 PM
If there was still time on the clock when nebish was scoring it's not running up the score. Now, if they continued to score after the clock had expired then maybe we can talk.