PDA

View Full Version : The Sweetest Irony of All

CitySooner
11/11/2007, 08:22 AM
Imagine this:

LSU, Oregon, Kansas and the mighty Sooners win the rest of their regular season games. This includes Kansas beating BCS #5 Mizzou. The pollsters and computers give the Jayhawks more love with this win and move them ahead of Oregon into the #2 spot behind LSU. LSU wins the SEC championship to advance to New Orleans. We beat #2 Kansas for the Big XII championship. The pollsters and computers give the mighty Sooners just enough love to move us only .01 of a point ahead of Oregon into the #2 spot knocking the Cheating Quackers out of the championship game! Could you imagine the outrage in Quackerland? Screaming how they got cheated? How we robbed them? Oh, the humanity! Talk about the sweetest irony of all! Oh mighty football Gods: Please make this happen!

WakeflyingSooner
11/11/2007, 08:30 AM
I like it! I think the Coaches and USA Today would rathter move LSU away from the top spot that Oregon at this point. Still a couple of weeks left. There is more to come!

ArkanSooner
11/11/2007, 09:00 AM
I started to think about that possibility yesterday. That would be absolutely outstanding.

yermom
11/11/2007, 09:01 AM
we gotta beat Kansas first :eek:

stoopified
11/11/2007, 09:33 AM
Imagine this:

LSU, Oregon, Kansas and the mighty Sooners win the rest of their regular season games. This includes Kansas beating BCS #5 Mizzou. The pollsters and computers give the Jayhawks more love with this win and move them ahead of Oregon into the #2 spot behind LSU. LSU wins the SEC championship to advance to New Orleans. We beat #2 Kansas for the Big XII championship. The pollsters and computers give the mighty Sooners just enough love to move us only .01 of a point ahead of Oregon into the #2 spot knocking the Cheating Quackers out of the championship game! Could you imagine the outrage in Quackerland? Screaming how they got cheated? How we robbed them? Oh, the humanity! Talk about the sweetest irony of all! Oh mighty football Gods: Please make this happen!
That would truly be fitting.Cosmic justice,I like it.

okienole3
11/11/2007, 09:34 AM
we gotta beat Kansas first :eek:

We gotta be Texas Tech first.

soonersn2007
11/11/2007, 09:41 AM
Let's make sure we do our part and remind the country how they homecooked a win over us last year.............college football politics can get ugly.:rolleyes:

stoopified
11/11/2007, 10:30 AM
Let's make sure we do our part and remind the country how they homecooked a win over us last year.............college football politics can get ugly.:rolleyes:
As fans all we can do is support the team,the coaches and players have to do their jobs.If we take care of Our business,let the chips fall where they will.

Desert Sapper
11/11/2007, 10:58 AM
Tech in Lubbock hasn't been easy.

Stoops is 2-2 there. The last trip is still being decried as a robbery by Sooner fans everywhere.

I hope we hammer their sand pirate asses, but I'm worried it might just be a shootout.

At least we get pokie state in Norman. Although, 2001 is still flashing bright red in my head.

Still a lot of football before we can even think about San Antonio and our opponent (be it KU or MU again).

My $.02

Dan Thompson
11/11/2007, 11:09 AM
FWIW, Kansas is going to be #1 in the BCS.

soonerspudman
11/11/2007, 11:57 AM
I'll top that with an even sweeter scenario:

1) KU donw Mizzou
2) We go into championship weekend with some top-four combination of LSU, Nike, KU, OU
3) Nike has no conference championship game (wusses), so they're in the NC game
4) Saturday afternoon of 12-1 LSU loses in the SEC championship game
5) Saturday night 12-1 the Big 12 championship game KU v. OU is for conference championship and berth in NC game v. duckies
6) Sooners win Big 12 championship showdown, go to NC game v. hippies
7) Sooners v. gay unies in grudge match for NC, Sooners receive one of the greatest redemptions in program history by trashing shroom.

It's so good I can taste it.

PDXsooner
11/11/2007, 02:28 PM
what would stop oregon from hiring refs to re-watch our victory against kansas and simply rule that we didn't win the game?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/11/2007, 02:33 PM
Still a lot of football before we can even think about San Antonio and our opponent (be it KU or MU again).

Amen, brother.

One week at a time. I could give a rip if the scenarios shake out for us to play Popcorn State Eastern Welding School of the Blind, as long as there's a shot, and as long as we keep putting it to gether every week.