PDA

View Full Version : O-line observation

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2007, 01:22 AM
just a thought...after yet another game where it seemed a bit difficult to get the run going I kept rewinding the DVR to watch some what was going on. It doesnt seem so much a technique problem or a talent problem but possibly a scheme issue. There were numerous plays were they were bumping the DL lined up across from them and running to block at the 2nd level. the DL were making plays because they really werent being blocked in a very physical way. I understand shedding the 1st level to get to the 2nd but it does create a problem for a rb who doesnt hit the hole as fast as DM.

anyway they do a good job..not complaining..just a thought

Curly Bill
11/11/2007, 01:33 AM
I also think, because I didn't pay close enough attention to say for sure, that baylor was putting seven or eight guys in the box to stop the run...alas, we hit some big passing plays down the field against single coverage.

Crucifax Autumn
11/11/2007, 01:59 AM
I think the line looked pretty good. We had good pass protection and sprung a few long runs. It worked well in this game and I'm sure we'll adjust if we play a team that is effective consistently with their first wave. This week we paid a few times by letting a guy slide by, but overall it was better to have that downfield block. Mad Demarco and company look even more amazing than they already do.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2007, 11:00 AM
I also think, because I didn't pay close enough attention to say for sure, that baylor was putting seven or eight guys in the box to stop the run...alas, we hit some big passing plays down the field against single coverage.

baylor trying single coverage on the outside was pretty helpful..

Thats why I said I wasnt complaining.

Blues1
11/11/2007, 11:44 AM
I get the feeling Coach Stoops is still waiting for "A Complete Game" from the team.... JMHO.....!