PDA

View Full Version : Weird night at the football game...

Soonrboy
11/11/2007, 12:37 AM
1. Someone over is section 9? was having cpr performed on them as they were being taken out of the stadium on a stretcher.
2. 2 drunk guys behind us get up to leave. One is so drunk that he starts walking up the stairs til his less drunk buddy guided him in the right direction.
3. Some female behind us had this ear-piercing scream that she shared about every 45 seconds with all of section 16. god bless her enthusiasm, but I wanted to punch her in the (insert body part)
4. Some old guy sitting directly behind us told the boy to quit jumping up and blocking his view. I didn't hear it, until I heard my wife reminding him that he was at a ball game and that jumping up was expected.

5. they ran out of coke downstairs and had to go to lloyd noble to get more canisters.

The game was great though.

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2007, 12:42 AM
I think I heard #3. It sounded like someone was strangling a cat, and I couldn't figure out if someone was showing their spirit or being violently murdered.

Jello Biafra
11/11/2007, 12:45 AM
I think I heard #3. It sounded like someone was strangling a cat, and I couldn't figure out if someone was showing their spirit or being violently murdered.

good game sic em. with that being said, i wanna punch your wimp asssed qb in the throat......

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2007, 01:21 AM
good game sic em. with that being said, i wanna punch your wimp asssed qb in the throat......
Please do.
TYIA

Signed,
Baylor Fandom

pb4ou
11/11/2007, 02:41 AM
I bet the 21 points almost feels like a moral victory, eh sic'em?

usmc-sooner
11/11/2007, 02:46 AM
I bet the 21 points almost feels like a moral victory, eh sic'em?

not to mention the 450+ yards

Viking Kitten
11/11/2007, 01:29 PM
The Soonerovs had a wierd night too. Actually, it was probably the worst time I've ever had at an OU game, including the handful we've lost.

The reason? Section 8 sucks. We've never sat there before, but some friends couldn't go and gave us their tickets. I've never sat in such a whiny, complainy, negative section. At the beginning of the game, about half the people around me were whining about people standing up. Jebus people, if you want to sit on your a**, the game is televised. Go watch it at home. So Baylor scores that first touchdown and then OU has a bad series. From then on, all we could hear from people around us was how Kevin Wilson needs to go.

So then OU offense gets it in gear, but this dude behind us just decides that everybody is going to be as miserable as he is. We get a first down? "Well Bradford should have gone to Murray. He was open." Johnson catches a great pass and we score an awesome touchdown. "Well why didn't he go to Iglesias? He was wide open!" OU is up by 21 points. "Look at how many yard our defense gave up. That's horrible. Venables needs to go. Fire Stoops. Put in Rawls. Let's all go home and slash our wrists tonight because we are all going to die anyway."

I swear I tried to tune him out, but he wouldn't STFU. He leaves with about ten minutes left in the fourth, announcing to no one in particular "Well. I guess that's about all I need to see."

I wanted to turn around and just go off on the guy. We've been on the waiting list for season tickets for 5 f***ing years, and this jerkoff sits there and is rude, insulting and clearly hates OU as well as his own life. Just die already and let people who can enjoy a win go to the f***ing games.

P.S. I heard the shrieking lady too. I also wondered if someone was being murdered in the stadium.

bri
11/11/2007, 01:36 PM
I had an awesome time at the football game yesterday. But then again, I went to the TU game, so I didn't have to put up with, you know, OU fans. :D

tommieharris91
11/11/2007, 02:41 PM
You shoulda come to the student section. There were seats available.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/11/2007, 03:10 PM
The reason? Section 8 sucks. We've never sat there before, but some friends couldn't go and gave us their tickets. I've never sat in such a whiny, complainy, negative section. At the beginning of the game, about half the people around me were whining about people standing up. Jebus people, if you want to sit on your a**, the game is televised. Go watch it at home. So Baylor scores that first touchdown and then OU has a bad series. From then on, all we could hear from people around us was how Kevin Wilson needs to go.

So then OU offense gets it in gear, but this dude behind us just decides that everybody is going to be as miserable as he is. We get a first down? "Well Bradford should have gone to Murray. He was open." Johnson catches a great pass and we score an awesome touchdown. "Well why didn't he go to Iglesias? He was wide open!" OU is up by 21 points. "Look at how many yard our defense gave up. That's horrible. Venables needs to go. Fire Stoops. Put in Rawls. Let's all go home and slash our wrists tonight because we are all going to die anyway."

I swear I tried to tune him out, but he wouldn't STFU. He leaves with about ten minutes left in the fourth, announcing to no one in particular "Well. I guess that's about all I need to see."

I wanted to turn around and just go off on the guy. We've been on the waiting list for season tickets for 5 f***ing years, and this jerkoff sits there and is rude, insulting and clearly hates OU as well as his own life. Just die already and let people who can enjoy a win go to the f***ing games.

I've read on here how great the north end zone is. Fans get loose and raise all kinds of hell. And I have yet to see half of that.

Section 17, row 54. For the 2nd time now, last night and for Mizzou, I've had the opportunity to sit in front of the love child of Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi that apparently forgot he doesn't know jack squat about football, but likes to spread his sagely wisdom loud enough for everyone to hear. Myself, my beautiful lady, and God knows how many other folks were rolling their eyes so much it's a wonder they didn't stick.

josh09
11/11/2007, 03:30 PM
1. Someone over is section 9? was having cpr performed on them as they were being taken out of the stadium on a stretcher.
2. 2 drunk guys behind us get up to leave. One is so drunk that he starts walking up the stairs til his less drunk buddy guided him in the right direction.
3. Some female behind us had this ear-piercing scream that she shared about every 45 seconds with all of section 16. god bless her enthusiasm, but I wanted to punch her in the (insert body part)
4. Some old guy sitting directly behind us told the boy to quit jumping up and blocking his view. I didn't hear it, until I heard my wife reminding him that he was at a ball game and that jumping up was expected.

5. they ran out of coke downstairs and had to go to lloyd noble to get more canisters.

Sounds like my type of game! lol

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 04:47 PM
That's why I no longer sneak in liquor to the game.

I probably would have said something back in the day.

I now realize that my past actions were just making things even worse.

But...

It sure feels good. :D

I've sat in many different sections of the Stadium over the years. There definitely is a difference between sections. I need to get filthy stinking rich so I can have 2 Skyboxes...one for me and the other for the folks who need to leave when I act up. :D

VK...you and Czar hang in there on the tickets...it will happen someday.

I know plenty of folks who have had to let their Season Tickets go in past years. It happens more than you realize.

Petro-Sooner
11/11/2007, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Soonrboy]1. Someone over is section 9? was having cpr performed on them as they were being taken out of the stadium on a stretcher.
QUOTE]

A friend of mine and her dad saw that. Hes an EMT and tried to help out. Guy didnt make it. :(

frankensooner
11/11/2007, 08:27 PM
When my time is up, thats where I want to go. Couldn't think of a better place.

Oldnslo
11/11/2007, 10:31 PM
We're a friendly, fun-loving bunch in Section 7. Come on over!

Sooner_Havok
11/11/2007, 10:54 PM
I was just glad the boy scout in section 13 wasn't screaming "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONERS!!!!!!!"

in his high pitch, ear piercing, shrill voice every five seconds. I swear, the hot dog guy walks by in between quarters, and nearly dropped his sh*t cause this guy yelled right as he walked by, just randomly.

I have no problem with being loud as sh*t at football games though, when we are on defense, but when we are on offense...SIT ON YOUR GOD DAMNED HANDS, KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT. But no, this guy just randomly screams that. It doesn't matter to him if we are on offense, defense, in between quarters, or on time out.

Eagle scout must have told him to STFU, last night was the first game he didn't do that crap.

soonerbrat
11/11/2007, 10:55 PM

my friend saw the emergency personnel doing CPR on that guy..she said he was definitely dead.

Sooner24
11/11/2007, 10:56 PM
I had an awesome time at the football game yesterday. But then again, I went to the TU game, so I didn't have to put up with, you know, OU fans. :D

So did you use those tickets I gave you?

bri
11/12/2007, 02:36 AM
Yes I did, my friend. Thanks again! :D

Jeopardude
11/12/2007, 02:26 PM
The Soonerovs had a wierd night too. Actually, it was probably the worst time I've ever had at an OU game, including the handful we've lost.

P.S. I heard the shrieking lady too. I also wondered if someone was being murdered in the stadium.

I was in section 37 in front of the Snopes family. I learned many things from these very loud hillbillies.

1. OU should pass on every play.

2. Every pass should result in a touchdown.

3. If #1 and/or #2 do not happen, scream loudly about Bob Stoops has gotten conservative, Les Miles would've done it, you could play better than the trained players, babble incoherent things, etc.

4. When Demarco Murray runs back a kickoff for ninetyish yards, complain he slowed down in the last ten yards of the run.

5. Go back to the early sixties and tell a long-haired guy to "get a haircut."

6. Predict three straight losses for OU.

OKLA21FAN
11/12/2007, 02:32 PM

are you sure that guy didn't move to section 233? Cause I sat in front of three clowns 'from the blake era' who sounded just like this.

i only get to go to home games maybe once or twice a year and over the past 3 years we are batting close to 1.000 in somehow scalping a talking sitting just in front of the 'know it all'.

other than that, we had a great time at the game, could not have asked for a better night of college football.

JohnnyMack
11/12/2007, 02:35 PM

I'm sure the 12 of you that showed up had a great time. :D

bri
11/12/2007, 02:38 PM
Hey, it was Senior Day and a battle for first place in the division. There were 20 of us.

Partial Qualifier
11/12/2007, 03:09 PM
I scored some of the corporate tix from work and decided to take my just-turned-four-year-old to his first Sooner game (or any football game for that matter.)

Turned out pretty good, I didn't know what to expect because despite my efforts he won't watch more than a few minutes of football on TV. He loved the band and all the extra-curricular stuff going on but was lost on the game.....until we scored and the fireworks went off... so then suddenly we're rooting for Sooner touchdowns.... that worked out a LOT better than I expected

So now he knows what Boomer Sooner is all about, and towards the end of the night he understood the timing of the "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... U!" on the kickoffs ! I was so proud.

Stayed until about 6 minutes to go in the 4th, but only because with all the thinning out that occured in sec. 231 in the 2nd half, it was like, me.. him.. about 5,000 empty seats.. too much real estate for a hyper 4 year old to ignore. He actually sat still when he was all sandwiched in, before it thinned out. He did good though, I was proud.

First thing he said Sunday morning: "can we go to the game again today?" ........ heh

JohnnyMack
11/12/2007, 04:01 PM
Hey, it was Senior Day and a battle for first place in the division. There were 20 of us.

I almost went. Seeing as it was the last game at the old Skelly, but I didn't. Maybe next year when Jr. is a little older he might be able to last a half.

TexasSooner01
11/12/2007, 04:09 PM
I've read on here how great the north end zone is. Fans get loose and raise all kinds of hell. And I have yet to see half of that.

Section 17, row 54. For the 2nd time now, last night and for Mizzou, I've had the opportunity to sit in front of the love child of Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi that apparently forgot he doesn't know jack squat about football, but likes to spread his sagely wisdom loud enough for everyone to hear. Myself, my beautiful lady, and God knows how many other folks were rolling their eyes so much it's a wonder they didn't stick.

We sit in Section 17 Row 62. I know exactly who you are talkin bout. My boy just says...there goes stupid again. :D

We have had these seats for several years now and enjoy the heck out of em! :cool:

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2007, 04:52 PM
We sit in Section 17 Row 62. I know exactly who you are talkin bout. My boy just says...there goes stupid again. :D

We have had these seats for several years now and enjoy the heck out of em! :cool:
I was in section 17 as well. I think the row was 13 or some such.