PDA

View Full Version : (Obligatory) Don't do the wave while we're on offense thread

Czar Soonerov
11/10/2007, 09:32 PM
:pop:

sanantoniosooner
11/10/2007, 09:35 PM
what if it's by myself in my living room?

Rhino
11/10/2007, 09:37 PM
It's not a wave then, is it?

It's the elephant or something.

sanantoniosooner
11/10/2007, 09:40 PM
If you use both arms independent of each other you can do a decent wave.

GottaHavePride
11/10/2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, but why would you do that when you could be doing the Thriller dance? :D

rubyspirit
11/10/2007, 10:21 PM
Its really a foolish and dumb mistake. Spread the word. Fans can wave all they want on defense.

Tell everyone you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sanantoniosooner
11/10/2007, 10:22 PM
I was pretty indifferent until you threw that giant font at me.

Now I'm on board.

Soonerus
11/10/2007, 10:25 PM
DON"T DO THE "WAVE" WHILE OU IS ON OFFENSE !!!! GEEZ PEOPLE KNOCK IT OFF !!!

Veritas
11/10/2007, 10:26 PM
How 'bout just don't do the wave. Period.

sanantoniosooner
11/10/2007, 10:26 PM
Some of those people were doing a "horn's down" WHILE doing the wave also.

How bad is that?

Soonerus
11/10/2007, 10:28 PM
Some of those people were doing a "horn's down" WHILE doing the wave also.

How bad is that?

pathetic...

GottaHavePride
11/10/2007, 10:29 PM
To be fair, some of them were five. ;)

Veritas
11/10/2007, 10:41 PM
To be fair, some of them were five. ;)
Then Mom and Dad need a throat punchin' :D

hyoctane23
11/10/2007, 11:00 PM
I dunno how some of you guys can sit there and complain about what the people do in the stadium. Be glad that we're not a lethargic crowd who doesn't get into the game. Sure, the "wave" was going on durring offense, but the wave started well before the offense took the field. Get over it, we won and doing the wave durring this game would of NOT jeopardized the outcome of the game. Wow...

douxpaysan
11/10/2007, 11:02 PM
I'm doing a ripple...

Soonerus
11/10/2007, 11:06 PM
I dunno how some of you guys can sit there and complain about what the people do in the stadium. Be glad that we're not a lethargic crowd who doesn't get into the game. Sure, the "wave" was going on durring offense, but the wave started well before the offense took the field. Get over it, we won and doing the wave durring this game would of NOT jeopardized the outcome of the game. Wow...

Listen, rookie, Switzer himself pleaded with the crowds in earlier years to not do the "wave" while OU was on offense...apparently enough younger people never got the message...

StormySooner-IN
11/10/2007, 11:07 PM
To be fair, some of them were five. ;)I saw it too. I was thinking "Heh, Silly kids, must be nice...let them have their fun.."

Then I saw the parents and others do it and I was like " You *****ers!"

:D

hyoctane23
11/10/2007, 11:13 PM
Listen, rookie, Switzer himself pleaded with the crowds in earlier years to not do the "wave" while OU was on offense...apparently enough younger people never got the message...
Oh snap, ya I am a "rookie" I guess....either way, someone has to bitch about something in a game that could of easily been over looked and lost. We won. Be happy. Go Sooners...

kevpks
11/11/2007, 12:16 AM
Shouldn't we be doing the Sooner Shockwave instead? ;)

Crucifax Autumn
11/11/2007, 12:19 AM
Either way...just don't yell while doing that lame *** thing while we're on offense. The spirit is nice, but screwing with the home team in Norman is idiotic.

hyoctane23
11/11/2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks for whoever negged me. I'm glad you get off on negging other people on a message board. Apparently YOU DON'T GET IT. We won. We won undenialbly. Hope we meet someday. BOOMER SOONER!!

EDIT: Oh, and I'd rather have RED vCash or whatever it is....at least I don't have GREEN! Later dudes.

soonerhubs
11/11/2007, 01:01 AM
Ya, the wave was a little silly to be doing while on offense. It started during a time out, but didn't get killed until the offense had two plays. Kind of annoying.

PS OUMartin, were you in section 2 tonight?

hyoctane23
11/11/2007, 01:09 AM
Either way...just don't yell while doing that lame *** thing while we're on offense. The spirit is nice, but screwing with the home team in Norman is idiotic.
I see what you're saying Crucifax....you are right, don't do it while offense is on the field, but it if was already started...then so be it. What quarter are talking about?? What kind of lead did we have?? I'd rather see some SOONER spirit and people getting into the game. Not going to lie, I was proud to see some SOONERS getting into the wave, ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP OF THE STANDS!!! Wow, that was awesome, I watched some of the folks on the very LAST row on the TOP stands (and top row) get into the wave. Talk about amazing....BOOMER SOONER!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/11/2007, 01:09 AM
I was in section "my Archie Bunker Chair" and I didn't do the wave though I did jump to my feet quite a few times!

hyoctane23
11/11/2007, 01:14 AM
I was in section "my Archie Bunker Chair" and I didn't do the wave though I did jump to my feet quite a few times!
I'm glad you were. I saw (from my own eyes because I was there) the student section start to dissapear towars the 3rd quarte because we had the lead. I'm PROUD of the guys (and ladies) that stayed the entire time and watched our Sooners beat the bears. GO SOONER SPIRIT!!

sooner59
11/11/2007, 01:14 AM
If it were not for Demarco Murray, I would have fallen asleep in the student section. I don't think I have ever been to a game that was that boring and frustrating at the same time.....and we still won by 31! Part of it was that half of the people in the student section were not students, they were family and nobody would open their mouth or make any noise while Baylor was on offense. It makes me a little mad when people come to a game and and make zero noise. I know its Baylor, but come on people. If you go to the game, act like you want to be there.

hyoctane23
11/11/2007, 01:21 AM
If it were not for Demarco Murray, I would have fallen asleep in the student section. I don't think I have ever been to a game that was that boring and frustrating at the same time.....and we still won by 31! Part of it was that half of the people in the student section were not students, they were family and nobody would open their mouth or make any noise while Baylor was on offense. It makes me a little mad when people come to a game and and make zero noise. I know its Baylor, but come on people. If you go to the game, act like you want to be there.
sooner59, I don't know if you have the same views as I do, but I'm kinda glad you see maybe where I'm coming from. Baylor was a game that we could of EASILY overlooked, but didn't. I am glad we played it until the 0:00 of the 4th, and I am glad to see that there were some non-students in the student section. Only to see how awesome we can be in how loud we are. Not going to lie, my voice is gone. Tonight is the first game I have not worn some sort of costume to show my SOONER spirit. I can't wait until the osu game because I will do a bunch of costumes (all SOONER oriented mind you) to show how much I am proud to be a student here at OU. Oh, and for the B12 game, I WILL BE THERE!!

Jello Biafra
11/11/2007, 01:22 AM
what if it's by myself in my living room?

touching your hog leg is not called the wave...it's called "the stranger"

Zing
11/11/2007, 01:24 AM
It was a TV time-out. The crowd got bored. I don't know if you noticed, but it stopped while the play was in progress.

*sigh*

sooner59
11/11/2007, 01:38 AM
When I said that, I was not trying to rip family and others who come to an OU game. My parents saw their first OU game tonight. They had fun, but were not yelling and screaming. I was just trying to say that when I am in the student section yelling while Baylor is on offense.......and my voice is the only noise that I can hear, then people need to stop acting like they have dead flies falling off of them. My girlfriend and I were the only people making noise in the area, and around 20 people around us were dead quiet the entire game. I actually apologized to my parents for the apathy and flatness. They still had fun, though, and I hope everyone else's parents did to.......just tell them to try to be louder next time.

Crucifax Autumn
11/11/2007, 01:44 AM
The crowd seemed loud on TV, but if there was any section not roaring at their offense then something is wrong.

OUstud
11/11/2007, 01:44 AM
The wave doesn't bother me as much as the waving wheat thing...

Crucifax Autumn
11/11/2007, 01:52 AM
Neither bothers me as long as the crowd is into the game and making a deafening sound when the opponent is on offense. We seemed pretty good tonight based on tv coverage.

sooner59
11/11/2007, 02:09 AM
It was probably because I could hear the rest of the stadium over the student section around me. The rest of the stadium cheered quite nicely. I applaud them. And yes, the waving wheat thing is aggyish.

oupride
11/11/2007, 10:47 AM
Thank you Czar! Finally! Somebody besides me is sayin this. The smart Sooner Fans make noise when the OPPONENT has the ball. Boomer Sooner!

Fraggle145
11/11/2007, 12:32 PM
How 'bout just don't do the wave. Period.

If only. I hate the wave :mad: . On top of doing it at the wrong time, it is just ghey, and by ghey, I mean really really ghey.

OUAndy1807
11/12/2007, 07:01 AM
1) There was a group of about 50 students trying to start the wave in the first quarter, the game is tied 0-0 and we're on offense. They were directly behind the band.
2) The wave in the 3rd q while we were on offense did not stop once played resumed, as someone state above.
3) It takes a really simple mind to get enjoyment out of such a stupid thing. The wave is great when you're 5. Past that, it stupid.

Dio
11/12/2007, 08:17 AM
And while we're at it, can someone lean on Britt or Janke to make the band not play when our offense is on the field? TIA

badger
11/12/2007, 08:52 AM
And while we're at it, can someone lean on Britt or Janke to make the band not play when our offense is on the field? TIA
they both nearly got hit yesterday when a Baylor dude ran to the sidelines on a play. fortunately, the band staff dodged at the last second, so I wouldn't need to write an obligatory 'I hope you guys are happy now, they're all dead, you beyonces!!!' thread.

SwitzerFan
11/12/2007, 10:13 AM
The only time the waving wheat is acceptable is when we are taunting the pukes when we are beating the orange out of them. Wave the wheat at them they really like it. The look on their faces are priceless.

jdsooner
11/12/2007, 10:58 AM
I just want to put it on record that I detest the wave and refuse to do it, even when we are not on offense. Why don't you watch the game or go home?

MamaMia
11/12/2007, 11:11 AM
I'm a wave person; bad rotator cuff, but just exactly what negative effect does doing the wave have on our offense? :confused:

jccouger
11/12/2007, 11:18 AM
Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhh!

Its just the wave, get over it guys. It's not hurting you. If somebody wants to have fun doing the wave, why do you have to put a damper on it? If I'm not mistaken it looked like the majority of the people in the stadium were doing it. You old sticks in the mud.

illinisooner
11/12/2007, 11:19 AM
Don't do the wave ever.

Rhino
11/12/2007, 01:24 PM
The wave is for blowouts in baseball games. That's it.

Otherwise it's for people that really don't know much about the game they're watching.

DreamZ22
11/12/2007, 01:29 PM
Damn im not touching this one!!!! TO WAVE OR NOT TO WAVE!!! That is the question...

TheUnnamedSooner
11/15/2007, 04:20 PM
I'm a wave person; bad rotator cuff, but just exactly what negative effect does doing the wave have on our offense? :confused:

The same reason you don't yell and scream when we are on offense. It can (not saying it will) create a distraction.

Wave is ok in blowouts when on D. Other than that, it has no place. But it is fun for the kids.

mizzOUstu702
11/15/2007, 04:40 PM
Let's see--we've done the wave when on offense (the wave is the stupidest fan interaction in sports history) and we've clapped for the opposing team's fight song (A&M)...what's next?

XingTheRubicon
11/15/2007, 04:41 PM
It's only been stupid since 1984 and every person that has participated in a wave since then is more than likely going to hell.

85sooners
11/15/2007, 08:35 PM
lol

MextheBulldog
11/15/2007, 11:26 PM
A wise man once told me: "Watch the game, not the wave."

sanantoniosooner
11/15/2007, 11:28 PM
I once heard that a person is smart but people are stupid.