11/10/2007, 01:06 PM
Back in 1775
My Marine Corps came alive

Turd_Ferguson
11/10/2007, 01:12 PM
OOO-RAH! Happy Birthday USMC!!!!

85Sooner
11/10/2007, 01:13 PM
Is it okay to say sempre fi if you were not in the corp?

usmc-sooner
11/10/2007, 01:14 PM
Is it okay to say sempre fi if you were not in the corp?

yes,
it is latin for always faithful

stoops the eternal pimp
11/10/2007, 01:15 PM
What would you like for your birthday?

usmc-sooner
11/10/2007, 01:19 PM

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way :D

srsly cash

85Sooner
11/10/2007, 01:28 PM

For all Americans to appreciate the freedoms provided for and protected by the USMC instead of many trying to tear us apart when they have no idea of the actions necessary to secure such things.

Oops I think thats what USMC just said

SoonerBorn68
11/10/2007, 01:32 PM
I think I've posted this before but it's always appropriate. It was written just prior to WWII.

Ballad Of The Leatherneck Corps (http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/wavs/ballad_of_the_leatherneck_corps.mp3)

Happy Birthday Marines!

sooneron
11/10/2007, 01:42 PM
I want you in a banana hammock to pop out of my corps birfday cake! srsly, peem me - usmc

:eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
11/10/2007, 01:49 PM
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way

srsly cash

I ll transfer some to ya after I win some money on the ball games today.

Thanks for your service. Being raised by my grandfather who served in WW2 as a Marine, I ve always appreciated what you guys have done and are doing.

My grandpa, I called him Dad, never told me a single war story til the day before he died. It was strange , because he had been out of it for several days being in ICU. He had not spoken in at least 5 days and all of a sudden he comes out of it and starts telling the stories. I sat by his bed as he told me stuff that I had no idea he went through. After he finished I told him thank you for finally telling me about the war and he said no problem. He said This maybe the last time we talk and I wanted you to know. That night he went back into a coma state and died the next morning.

Memorial weekend, I take my 3 year old daughter and 18 month old son to the cemetery, where we not only decorate is stone, but every veteran in his section. Its a quite a moment watching my babies with their flags standing by their grandpa's stone putting them in the ground. I 'll never tell everything he told me but I'll let them know about the price paid. I was always proud when he we would come to our school for the Veteran's Day assembly. And he would stand, state his name, where he served, and sit down.

Anyway I dont know where all that came from but thank you very much.

sooneron
11/10/2007, 01:50 PM
Oh, and Semper Fi!

Good jorb Marines.

usmc-sooner
11/10/2007, 02:41 PM
:eek:

that would be like a sore d*%k, you can't beat it. :D

sooneron
11/10/2007, 05:48 PM
heh

Happy Birfday usmc

Mixer!
11/10/2007, 06:00 PM
Happy Birthday, and thank you.

Lott's Bandana
11/10/2007, 07:00 PM
HB!

Shock Troop, Devil Dog, Raider of the Night! U and Chesty F*in Puller...

-CPO (SS) Ret.

VeeJay
11/10/2007, 11:17 PM
Happy Birthday, indeed.

I have never met a Marine I didn't like and respect.

Thanks to all the JarHeads for puttin' it all out there for the rest of us.

Soonerus
11/10/2007, 11:19 PM
Semper Fi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KABOOKIE
11/11/2007, 02:16 AM
Yeeeut! I missed this thread. Traveling to the game will do that to ya! 232!

Blue
11/11/2007, 02:24 AM
Happy birthday to some bad-a-ss mf'ers.

soonerloyal
11/11/2007, 08:20 PM
To all Marines on board, I apologize for not wishing you a Happy Birthday (dumb old NC that I am). I hope you all had (or will have) a wonderful celebration at your Birthday Balls. And may your recovery from said celebration be quick and complete.

HAPPY 232nd BIRTHDAY, MARINES!

"On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of the Continental Congress. Since that date, many thousand men have borne the name Marine. In memory of them, it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the Birthday of our Corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

The record of our Corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world’s history. During 90 of the 146 years of it’s existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the nations foes. From the battle of Trenton to the Argonne. Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home. Generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our Corps Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term Marine has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the Corps. With it we also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our Corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as “Soldiers of the Sea” since the founding of the Corps."

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/USMC/USMC232birthdaycake.gif

1775-2007

Sooner in Tampa
11/12/2007, 07:57 AM
As Usual, I am a day late and a dollar short...but, Happy Belated Birthday to my leatherneck brothers and sisters.

A TOAST

This toast was made by General Louis Wilson, CMC on the occasion of
marking
the U.S. Marine Corps Birthday November 10, 1978, onboard Camp LeJeune,
and in
the presence of several thousand Marines and their
ladies. When he arose to deliver his long awaited address to the
troops, he
approached the rostrum, nodded to the CG's, (Base, FSSG and Division)
and
proceeded to explain to the captive masses that he would be short
on words that night - then turned to his bride, took a glass and, amid
absolute DEAD SILENCE, offered this toast - and promptly SAT DOWN.

GENERAL WILSON'S BIRTHDAY TOAST

The wonderful love of a beautiful maid,
The love of a staunch true man,
The love of a baby, unafraid,
Have existed since time began.

But the greatest of loves,
The quintessence of loves,
Even greater than that of a mother,
Is the tender, passionate, infinite love,
Of one drunken Marine for another.

THE WHOOPIN' AND HOLLERIN' WENT ON FOR A GOOD TEN MINUTES

SEMPER FIDELIS and Happy 231st birthday to all of you.

Jean White
Chosin, 1950

OUDoc
11/12/2007, 09:05 AM
Happy very belated Birthday, Marine Corps!