PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Sign - NOBCS.NET

soonersn2007
11/10/2007, 10:18 AM
I didn't want this getting buried in a thread so I made its own. I saw this guy holding a sign just now. For all those who hate the BCS, sign the petition. http://nobcs.net/

sooner n houston
11/10/2007, 11:15 AM
I'd rather have the BCS than not, if we can't have a playoff. I hated it back when the two best teams never got to play each other. All the bowl tie ins kept the best teams from ever meeting and way too many times #1 would play #14 in the rose and #2 and 3 would play in the orange. Number 1 would walk all over #14 and win the MNC. The BCS is better than what we had.

soonersn2007
11/10/2007, 11:16 AM
You obviously didn't go and read the website, it's not suggesting to going back to the way it was.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/10/2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry I just signed the no playoff petition

SoonerBBall
11/10/2007, 11:31 AM
I love this gem:

"Almost every year since its inception, it has failed to create the desired #1 vs. #2 match up"

That is most emphatically not true. In fact, every single year since its inception, the BCS has successfully matched up the #1 and #2 team. We all play by the same rules, and any team with a real shot (and some that don't) have the ability to make it to the #1 or #2 spot. Now, when he says "desired" matchup, i can't help but think he is an Auburn fan still crying because Auburn played the Citadel. I am glad the BCS doesn't give a f*ck about the "desired" match up. It isn't about what we desire, it is about putting the best two teams on the field to play for it all.

sooneron
11/10/2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah, that 2006 championship game was a sham, neither texas nor suc should have been there. Same goes for last year. Same goes for 2002. I still think they got it right with us in the GOWWDNS. The barners would not have scored in that game the way that the condoms played. 2003? Toss up, that doesn't mean that 5 or 13 other teams deserved a shot. Last year, they obviously got it right.
The bcs needs to go back to who you beat and how you beat them.

sooneron
11/10/2007, 11:46 AM
Let me also say that I do support a +1 game. Figure out the top 4 in match ups in the bowls and the winners play each other in the final showdown. Not a +1 the way it is now.

edit:
I won't sign the petition, b/c it wants to "end the bcs". I think the bcs is pretty close to deciding the best teams. Just b/c something isn't perfect, doesn't mean that you scrap it.
If they want to keep it fair for the mid majors, add a bcs game - cotton bowl or a traveling 5th bowl. I would love for it to be the cotton, but with weather possibilities in D on New Year's day, no one in their right mind would want to go to that game.

soonersn2007
11/10/2007, 11:50 AM
Let me also say that I do support a +1 game. Figure out the top 4 in match ups in the bowls and the winners play each other in the final showdown. Not a +1 the way it is now.

co-sign http://forums.mystery-axiom.com/images/smilies/woohoo.gif

sooneron
11/10/2007, 11:53 AM
co-sign http://forums.mystery-axiom.com/images/smilies/woohoo.gif
Re-read my edit above. Simmer down.:texan:

handcrafted
11/10/2007, 12:21 PM
I don't sign petitions.

sooneron
11/10/2007, 12:54 PM
I don't sign petitions.
Yes, I am an angry letter writer.:texan:

OklaPony
11/10/2007, 01:01 PM
I don't sign petitions.
I once made a petition for that. It didn't get very far.

sooneron
11/10/2007, 01:26 PM
I once made a petition for that. It didn't get very far.
I'd sign it.:D

StoopTroup
11/10/2007, 01:27 PM
I still can't get over OU Fans that think this BCS System hasn't benefited us.

I know it's not perfect and it doesn't make sense...but so far we've faired pretty good under the system.

I'm sure it could turn against us but for now it's something we'll just have to leave to the NCAA and the Conferences to figure out.

I think Instant Replay is more of a problem right now than the BCS.

sooneron
11/10/2007, 01:31 PM
Some people need something to bitch about. Constanty

bearass
11/10/2007, 01:39 PM
then again the way it looks the good ole bcs more than likely isn't going to work out for us this year, and as you all know this year is the only one that matters to most

sooneron
11/10/2007, 01:48 PM
then again the way it looks the good ole bcs more than likely isn't going to work out for us this year, and as you all know this year is the only one that matters to most
If we had won in Boulder, it wouldn't matter. I have never had sympathy for those that have losses feeling like they were boned out of the title. This season is far from over. I'm tired of people proceeding like it's a foregone conclusion that those ahead of us (ESPECIALLY THIS YEAR) will win out and that we will win out, too. Thus, being hosed in some way.

jkjsooner
11/10/2007, 04:15 PM
I'd rather have the BCS than not, if we can't have a playoff. I hated it back when the two best teams never got to play each other. All the bowl tie ins kept the best teams from ever meeting and way too many times #1 would play #14 in the rose and #2 and 3 would play in the orange. Number 1 would walk all over #14 and win the MNC. The BCS is better than what we had.

I agree 100%. I want a playoff but the BCS is not the enemy. The BCS was an improvement over the Bowl Alliance (Rose Bowl not included) which was a dramatic improvement over the old Bowl tie in system.

The Presidents want bowls and are against a playoff. The BCS just attempted to make the best out of a bad situation.

StoopTroup
11/10/2007, 04:18 PM
OK.

tOSU 14
Illinios 14
2nd qtr

jkjsooner
11/10/2007, 04:21 PM

Not a great idea if you're talking about the semis/bowls being on a neutral field. I know we like to talk about how our schools play in 80/90/100k+ seat stadiums but fans just can't travel en mass to two Bowl like games in two weeks - especially with only a week to make travel arrangements $$$ for the final.

This isn't college basketball where you'll send a few thousand to the NCAA tourney games. If you want a decent atmosphere you need 30k fans from each team.

jkjsooner
11/10/2007, 04:34 PM
I think Instant Replay is more of a problem right now than the BCS.

I'll make the same comment I made about the BCS. Instant replay is not the enemy. Incompetent officials making the judgements are of course. Nevertheless, without instant replay we still get robbed in both the TTech and Oregon games. The calls were missed on the field.

One could argue that on the field officiating has become very sloppy because of the security of instant replay. That absolutely seems to be the case to me but the fix would be to hold the on-field officials more accountable not to get rid of replay.

StoopTroup
11/10/2007, 04:42 PM
I think they need two guys in the booth IMO.

I think Fox's coverage isn't up to par compared to other coverages you see.

I'm sure the NCAA has really taken on a headache as not every replay team is doing the job that is expected.

Matter of fact...I can't see them being able to keep it from becoming a problem without pouring a lot more cash at the situation they have before them.

sooneron
11/10/2007, 06:12 PM
Not a great idea if you're talking about the semis/bowls being on a neutral field. I know we like to talk about how our schools play in 80/90/100k+ seat stadiums but fans just can't travel en mass to two Bowl like games in two weeks - especially with only a week to make travel arrangements $$$ for the final.

This isn't college basketball where you'll send a few thousand to the NCAA tourney games. If you want a decent atmosphere you need 30k fans from each team.
Not if you have 2 weeks between the semis and the champ game. NOt only that, wouldn't people make arrangements if they were in the semi game in the chance they make it to the champ game? Probably. People here were making reservations for the big 12 title game a couple of weeks ago.

CORNholio
11/10/2007, 10:49 PM
Some people need something to bitch about. Constanty

Nailed it...
That's the problem with so many things beyond just college fball.