PDA

View Full Version : Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel

Okla-homey
11/10/2007, 08:22 AM
Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel

Dear Civilians, We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance with:

1. The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ***.

2.Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ***.

3. (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and will get your *** kicked.

4.Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an *** kicking (children are exempt).

5. If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their mistake...and kick their ***.

6. Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) passes by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe *** kicking.

7. "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ***!

8. Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your *** kicked.

9. Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices
they make every day. Without them, our country would get its *** kicked.

Rogue
11/10/2007, 09:17 AM
Hoo-Ahh!

sooneron
11/10/2007, 09:21 AM
Can I call Navy dudes "Swabs"?

SoonerJack
11/10/2007, 09:55 AM
Good stuff, Homey. As always.

olevetonahill
11/10/2007, 11:13 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SleestakSooner
11/10/2007, 03:53 PM
Too all you Grunts, Fly Boys and Jarheads I say happy veteran's day!

Can I call Navy dudes "Swabs"?

It was always pronounced swabbies while I was one. Now if you knew the difference you could call us either polywogs or shellbacks.

SleestakSooner
11/10/2007, 03:54 PM
AND THANK THE GODS NAVY FINALLY BEAT ND AGAIN!

Desert Sapper
11/10/2007, 04:13 PM
AND THANK THE GODS NAVY FINALLY BEAT ND AGAIN!

Look out! Air Force is looking to do the same thing.

And may you all have a wonderful Veterans' Day (Armistice Day, as the local UK LNO let me know). If you are not deployed, may you stay home for a while. If you are, may you come home soon. Buy a poppy from your local VFW and support our wounded warriors. God Bless.

Mixer!
11/10/2007, 05:23 PM
5. If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their mistake...and kick their ***.
This can be a tough one Homey, what with the transfer from the DOD to the DHS and all. I'm sure there's more than one landlubber out there who thinks the USCG = federal harbor patrol. Just sayin'. :pop:

Rogue
11/10/2007, 08:27 PM
#10 - The men and women fighting for your freedom can, and will, buy Playboy and Penthouse magazines. And now they can do it on base again.

Chuck Bao
11/10/2007, 09:21 PM
Good point, Homey.

Afterall, all freedoms come from the military.

That's a lesson I hadn't fully appreciated before the 2006 coup in Thailand.

VeeJay
11/10/2007, 09:50 PM
Wait. I'm confused. Rosie had me convinced that we are the terrorists.

GottaHavePride
11/10/2007, 10:19 PM
Navy and Air Force... Does ND play Army this year? The academies could go for the trifecta.

lexsooner
11/10/2007, 10:25 PM
I bought the two bottles of wine at dinner with a friend, a Vietnam vet and his wife. I told him Happy Veterans Day. He really appreciated that. He saw lots of combat as an airborne officer in Vietnam in the 60s. He's a college professor now, the nicest guy you could meet.

This Veteran's Day let's also remember other non-military personnel who serve our country, for example in the U.S. Public Health Service and Peace Corps.

lexsooner
11/10/2007, 10:26 PM
Navy and Air Force... Does ND play Army this year? The academies could go for the trifecta.

No, the Domers play Duke and Stanford to close out their dismal season. If they could play the US Coast Guard Academy and the Merchant Marine Academy instead, I am sure they would do so. I'm not sure they won't go 1-11.

Jello Biafra
11/11/2007, 12:38 AM
i concur with all said....

however, back to the jokes....
so why do the seaman have the name tags on the back pocket? ;)

also, there are MOS specific name calling too. you refer to a infantryman as a rock eater you will definately get an assswhoopin etc.....right olevet? ;)

olevetonahill
11/11/2007, 12:40 AM
#10 - The men and women fighting for your freedom can, and will, buy Playboy and Penthouse magazines. And now they can do it on base again.
The Biggest request I got from My son and all freinds that are in the sandbox was for Pron and Booze ;)
Go figure

Lott's Bandana
11/11/2007, 01:21 AM
One more:

Veteran's Day and Memorial Day are very different holidays. One honors all vets, former and current. The other honors those that gave their lives serving their country. I am always appreciative, yet somewhat uncomfortable when someone thanks me for my service on Memorial Day and I quietly give thanks to those not as fortunate as I was...to be able to complete my career.

Grandfather: retired USA Col.
Father: retired USAF combat pilot
Mother: former USAF nurse
Me: retired shellback squid bubblehead (submariner)

Honor, Courage, Committment
Happy Veteran's Day

Blue
11/11/2007, 02:20 AM
Thank you Vets for your service.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/11/2007, 02:33 AM
10. Please thank all free market capitalists who have created the wealth to build and maintain the greatest armed forces in the history of the world. Those who create wealth needed to sustain the armed forces, are the reason we are the only superpower on earth. And of course, ultimately we need to thank our forefathers who gave us the freedom to create wealth. As Milton Friedman said, "Economic freedom is a necessary condition for political freedom."

God Bless America and free markets.

SCOUT
11/11/2007, 02:33 AM
I have made it a point to thank veterans for their service ever since I was in high school.

It has been very disappointing to me over the years how surprised the veterans are that I am thanking them. I hope everyone takes the 3-5 seconds it takes to thank thos who have served our country. Those with whom I have spoken seem to really appreciate it.

Thanks again to those of you who have served so bravely so that the rest of us can do the things that we do. Veteran's Day is a great tribute, but you are appreciated every single day.

olevetonahill
11/11/2007, 02:34 AM
Thank you Vets for your service.
Thank you for the "Thank you "
believe it or Not It was 1992 before I heard " Welcome Home "
Oh well
donmeanuthin .:rolleyes:

SCOUT
11/11/2007, 02:35 AM
Thank you for the "Thank you "
believe it or Not It was 1992 before I heard " Welcome Home "
Oh well
donmeanuthin .:rolleyes:
This would be exhibit A for what I was saying. I am sorry it took so long for your contributions to be recognized.

pb4ou
11/11/2007, 02:46 AM
I occasionally wear BDU's only because their comfortable. I used to wear them as a cop and love them. But however, I have never and will never claim to be military or special forces or anything to that degree. That is dishonoring the ones who have been there.

Just my .02

Carry on...

critical_phil
11/11/2007, 03:16 AM
Now if you knew the difference you could call us either polywogs or shellbacks.

i dug out my ::0FFICIAL:: shellback card not too long ago to tell my daughter about my shellback initiation and to help explain to her why i won't eat canned tuna.

i was stuck in the garbage shute with a face full of it (mixed with a little puke from the guy ahead of me). i haven't had canned tuna since 1989.

SoonerBacker
11/11/2007, 11:48 AM
Happy Veterans' Day to all who have served/are serving our country. This nation owes all to you.

And a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all of you MARINES out there!
OOO-RAH!

Killerbees
11/11/2007, 06:53 PM
I had forgotten about all that shellback and polywog business until I read this thread.

Thanks for the thanks and please donate some of your spare time (anytime during the year) and go by a VA home or hospital and just talk to a few vets and thank them personally.

Newbomb Turk
11/11/2007, 07:17 PM
thanks to the vets for their service.

which reminds me - time to go out and bring old glory in.