PDA

View Full Version : OU Baseball’s Red/White Series Begins Saturday

Jay C. Upchurch
11/9/2007, 01:14 PM
NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma baseball team is set to conclude fall practices with the annual Red/White Series. The five-game set will open on Saturday, Nov. 10 at L. Dale Mitchell Park. First pitch is slated for noon and will feature junior Stephen Porlier (Red) on the mound opposite Chase Anderson (White). The entire series is free and open to the public.

Below is a look at the complete schedule and the starting pitching match-ups for each game:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME 1
Saturday, Nov. 10 at noon
Red: Stephen Porlier vs. White: Chase Anderson
GAME 2
Sunday, Nov. 11 at noon
Red: Jeremy Erben vs. White: Andrew Doyle

GAME 3
Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 2 p.m.
Red: C.J. Blue vs. White: Michael Rocha

GAME 4
Friday, Nov. 16 at 1 p.m.
Red: Stephen Porlier vs. White: Chase Anderson

GAME 5
Saturday, Nov. 17 at 1 p.m.
Red: Jeremy Erben vs. White: Andrew Doyle
-------------------------------------------------------------------

In years past, the series consisted of three games, but was expanded to five games this fall. The rosters for the 2007 Fall Red/White Series were set Wednesday night after the OU baseball team's 14th and final intrasquad scrimmage of the fall. The seniors and coaches drafted the two teams with Ryan Mottern serving as the captain of the red squad and Zach Sawyer acting for the white team.

"We are looking forward to beginning the series," said OU head coach Sunny Golloway. "The seniors did a good job of drafting the teams and we feel they are evenly matched and it should be a competitive series.

"The coaching staff has been excited with the players' effort and ability throughout the fall and we hope the fans come out to catch a glimpse of the new team and support our student-athletes."

The Sooners began team practices in the fall on Oct. 4 and will open the 2008 regular season on the road at UCLA on Feb. 22 for a three-game series.

For more information on OU baseball, visit www.SoonerSports.com.

setem
11/9/2007, 02:26 PM
I am going to try and make it to Friday 1pm game. I will head over after I get out of class.

BOOMER!!!