PDA

View Full Version : articles embarrass Gundy to be involved with athletics child rapers not so much

usmc-sooner
11/9/2007, 10:22 AM
man there is so much of that rant, that makes him look stupid in light of the Collins fiasco.

Mother of children----hmmmm how about mothers of 12 year old children

SoonerAtKU
11/9/2007, 10:54 AM
Now I don't know any of the facts in any of this, but I was just wondering how much money any of us would pay to watch Jenni get after Gundy in a press conference about this.

"Coach Gundy, I know your recruitment and signing of a child molester makes me sad to be involved in athletics, but would you like to write an article about that in our paper so that I can yell at you for 10 minutes while you're at work?"

"At.

Work."

stoopified
11/9/2007, 11:42 AM
I can't believe that Gundy and ALL Poke fans cannot understand how hypocritical Gundy IS in this situation.On one hand he SCREAMS at a reporter(who is not a mother....of children) for allegely downgrading one of his players and on the other hand has nothing to say about one of his players involved in the gangrape(4 guys getting a 12yr old girl drunk and having sex with her is gangrape no matter how you look at it)of the child of ...a mother? WTF?

yukonsooner
11/9/2007, 11:43 AM
Gundy's own words, "If your going to write something write about a kid that doesn't do everything right." Doesn't that open the door for Jenni to write an article about Collins??

cheezyq
11/9/2007, 02:50 PM
Gundy's own words, "If your going to write something write about a kid that doesn't do everything right." Doesn't that open the door for Jenni to write an article about Collins??

I just hope she doesn't title the article: She's a girl! She's 12!

...or something similarly tasteless.

lexsooner
11/9/2007, 06:43 PM
Gundy's tantrum was contrived, totally rehearsed righteous indignation. It was probably what he sounded like when he was in high school and got grounded, which deprived him of drinking/partying/screwing. The rape conviction for Collins is merely a "tough break for a kid" (the player, not the victim), but not anything for an ex-jock like Gundy to get too worked up over, though losing Collins hurts the team. Boys will be boys and girls will be girls, you know.

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2007, 02:35 AM
She's a girl! She's 12!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

That is brilliant. Seriously.

Crucifax Autumn
11/10/2007, 02:52 AM
That's hilarious, though a bit sick! I have a 12 year old daughter sleeping in the next room and I have to say, this jackhole would be dead...and not by gunshot or stabbing...I'd rip him apart with my hands. Luckily my daughter is pretty savvy, so I won't have to worry about this scenario.

orangekaje
11/10/2007, 02:50 PM
How is it hypocritical? I think Collins should be off the team and all but it isn't Gundy's job to stick up for all the kids around the world. He's a coach of college athletes, therefore he will stick up for his athletes.

However, I think OSU and Gundy are waiting for the sentencing to be handed down before making a decision.

usmc-sooner
11/10/2007, 02:58 PM
How is it hypocritical? I think Collins should be off the team and all but it isn't Gundy's job to stick up for all the kids around the world. He's a coach of college athletes, therefore he will stick up for his athletes.

However, I think OSU and Gundy are waiting for the sentencing to be handed down before making a decision.

why? He plead guilty to sexually assaulting a 12 year old. That's all I need to know. There isn't one positve to having that guy around.
Gundy wouldn't have had to stick up for her if didn't bring the kid in. HS coach kicked kid off the team, Texas dropped him everyone dropped him. Everyone but I'm a man I'm 40, at least we made the world series Gundy. Funny how he claims to have researched it back then, and now he knows nothing about it. If you have to get rid of Prentice Elliot I'd say Collins shouldn't have even been an after thought.

orangekaje
11/10/2007, 03:05 PM
why? He plead guilty to sexually assaulting a 12 year old. That's all I need to know. There isn't one positve to having that guy around.
Gundy wouldn't have had to stick up for her if didn't bring the kid in. HS coach kicked kid off the team, Texas dropped him everyone dropped him. Everyone but I'm a man I'm 40, at least we made the world series Gundy. Funny how he claims to have researched it back then, and now he knows nothing about it. If you have to get rid of Prentice Elliot I'd say Collins shouldn't have even been an after thought.

Because the case isn't as black and white as you want it to be. Also, he may have plead guilty but he may not have been guilty. Lawyers are there to make your sentence as small as possible. Maybe the lawyer thought he would get an easier sentence if he pleaded guilty than not guilty. I have no clue, but there are endless possibilities. None of us know. And you don't know what Gundy knows. He definitely knows a lot more than us, which is why I'm guessing he's holding off right now.

101sooner
11/10/2007, 03:08 PM

Jesus Christ. You Aggies need to take off your Orange blinders on this issue.

He GAVE A SCHOLARSHIP TO A MAN THAT WAS CHARGED WITH GANG RAPING A 12 YEAR OLD GIRL. HE WAS CONVICTED. JUST KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF..............STUPID AGGIES.

Sheesh.

orangekaje
11/10/2007, 03:13 PM
Jesus Christ. You Aggies need to take off your Orange blinders on this issue.

He GAVE A SCHOLARSHIP TO A MAN THAT WAS CHARGED WITH GANG RAPING A 12 YEAR OLD GIRL. HE WAS CONVICTED. JUST KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF..............STUPID AGGIES.

Sheesh.

Because that's my decision you stupid ****. :rolleyes:

usmc-sooner
11/10/2007, 03:16 PM
Because the case isn't as black and white as you want it to be. Also, he may have plead guilty but he may not have been guilty. Lawyers are there to make your sentence as small as possible. Maybe the lawyer thought he would get an easier sentence if he pleaded guilty than not guilty. I have no clue, but there are endless possibilities. None of us know. And you don't know what Gundy knows. He definitely knows a lot more than us, which is why I'm guessing he's holding off right now.

according to Gundy he investigated, then last week he said he didn't know anything about it.

here's what I know he had sex with a 12 year==illegal, he plead guilty I don't want a kid that has plead guilty to sexual assault at OU no matter what the circumstances are, were or how black and white it is.

That being said I hope yall keep him. I hope he comes back and plays for you. I can't believe there are people who don't understand you don't sleep with 12 year olds.

First off he he was a Texas HS football star, it's not like he can't get legal poontain, yet he goes out of his way to go from his prom to pick up a 12 year old girl, get her drunk and gangbang her. Something seriously wrong with that boy.

Now his HS coach didn't need to look around for excuses he kicked him off the team. I guess it was pretty black and white for his HS coach, Mack Brown and every other school. The only people who don't get this are the pokes who don't seem to get the fact you don't have sex with 12 year old girls consensual or not. If you do it and then get caught you pay the price.

The nation is looking at you and your school with disgust.

Hope you guys keep him, you've earned him.

I don't think all OSU fans are this way, just the ones who are spouting this black and white issues and the ones who say we don't know all the circumstances. I don't know all the circumstances, I do know what he did is wrong under any circumstances.

tulsaoilerfan
11/10/2007, 04:51 PM
Are you freaking serious? If the kid had any chance of winning a court case there is no way on Earth he pleads guilty:pop:

StoopTroup
11/10/2007, 05:20 PM
I just hope she doesn't title the article: She's a girl! She's 12!

...or something similarly tasteless.
As kind of funny and sad is that statement is...

Collins did stand up and take the rap by admitting guilt to what he had done.

So IMO...Collins acted like a man and is preparing himself for the consequences it seems.

If oSu and the Coaching Staff aren't commenting on any of this...it might be because of Collins admitting guilt and accepting punishment. I can't speak for them.

By reading many of these threads about this situation...it would seem that there are many other folks out there who think responsibilty and blame should lie on other people.

The fact is, Collins made a very bad decision in not treating that girl like he would his own Sister and looking out for her no matter what kind of peer pressure the situation might have been.

I know back in the days where having sex with a girl while in HS was the cool thing to do or seemingly a Badge of Honor...I've also seen boys and girls these days stand up and say they aren't giving into peer pressure and are using abstinence as their Badge of Honor.

I hope Collins gets treated fairly for standing up like a man if that is truely what is occurring. I also hope all the folks involved in that situation will stand up and stop that kind of behavior from happening around them too.

I've said this before too....I hope the girl gets the needed therapy to help her go on with her life in a positive way.

OUMonster
11/10/2007, 05:30 PM
And you don't know what Gundy knows. He definitely knows a lot more than us, which is why I'm guessing he's holding off right now.

What would Gundy possibly know? That Collins plead guilty but is actually innocent?