PDA

View Full Version : Duke Robinson's Reception

Doged
11/9/2007, 02:33 AM
I'm watching the replay of Inside Sooner Football and they ran several views of Robinson's "pass reception" off the tipped ball. I laughed when I saw the box score after the game and Duke was listed with a pass reception for 8 yards. I laughed even harder just now when they showed the different views of the play.

Duke actually had to make a play on that ball. I thought it just pretty much landed in his hands but that's not the case. He had to take a couple of steps and extend his arms to make the catch. The really funny part is when he takes off up the field with it. As he starts running, a big lane opens up to his left and two TAMU offensive guys are closing off the right. Now any normal runner carrying the rock would cut left and take off up the field.

Not Duke. He sees the TAMU guys and makes a hard cut... straight at them. He lowers his shoulder and just powers into them full tilt boogie. If you have a copy of the game, go back and look at it. It's funny and worth saving! :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/9/2007, 03:27 AM
That was my favorite play of the game!

Animal Mother
11/9/2007, 09:06 AM
I watched it again and it cracked me up. Not us much as the guy talking about Gresham "getting a lot of work with the juggs" during the bye week in reference to the juggs machine.

XFollower
11/9/2007, 09:17 AM
I noticed Duke's attempt to look like AD. He could have had 5? more yards if he went left, but he turned toward the defensive guys like a heat seeking missle. I bet the team had fun reviewing that film.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2007, 09:37 AM
He sees the TAMU guys and makes a hard cut... straight at them. He lowers his shoulder and just powers into them full tilt boogie.

I popped 28 boners when he did this.

Sheer awesomeness.

mxATVracer10
11/9/2007, 11:19 AM
WWADD? (What Would AD Do):texan:

OU Notebook: The Duke was loose
by: GUERIN EMIG World Sports Writer
11/7/2007 3:11 AM

The Sooners are still buzzing over guard Duke Robinson's first career catch Saturday night against Texas A&M.

"That's the best," OU coach Bob Stoops said with a laugh Tuesday. "He could have had a first down if he had just run straight ahead. He turns around and looks for the nearest guy to run into. That's an O-lineman for you."

Robinson rumbled for 8 yards after Sam Bradford's pass was tipped by A&M's Kellen Heard, then ran smack into the Aggies' Misi Tupe and Kenny Brown to set up second-and-2.

"I was giving him a hard time during the game," right guard Brandon Walker said. "I said, 'C'mon Duke, I was right there behind you. I could have thrown a block and you could have scored.' Or I was hoping he'd pitch it back to me."

No luck. Robinson, who said he sought contact because that's what Adrian Peterson would have done, held the ball until he went down.

"Ball security," Walker grinned. "That's what Coach Stoops was preaching all week. Even us O-linemen heard him."

Fraggle145
11/9/2007, 11:27 AM
can someone put this on youtube?

stoopified
11/9/2007, 11:27 AM
I laughed at it too.It does highlight though that Duke is an athlete and not just a man-mountain.

ShawneeKSooner
11/9/2007, 12:29 PM
I'm thinking "The Duke" running the ball on short yardage situtions.