PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson

tommieharris91
11/9/2007, 01:53 AM
will start this week...

for the Chicago Bears. On a related and much more fun note, this means Cedric Benson will be relegated to the bench. He has been carrying the football like it's a plasma screen this season.

Also, this is currently a RUMOR. Supposedly this was reported on WGN TV, but I haven't found a link for this anywhere on teh inturnutz.

Doged
11/9/2007, 02:54 AM
Dang whorn. I'm stuck with Benson as my second RB on my fantasy team alongside a seriously under-achieving (and on a bye week) Maroney. I've had Leon Washington taking up the slack with a bunch of return yards, but he's on a bye week, too.

Dang whorn! :mad: Watch.. the fake Peterson will rack up 100 yds and 2 TDs.

Dang stupid whorn.

Tear Down This Wall
11/9/2007, 10:31 AM
It's amazing how people in the NFL bought the Cedric hype. The guy did nothing against us for four years. Big games. What did he do in big games? Nothing.

Oh, sure, he was great against Rice and North Texas. But, sitck him up against a decent defense and ... poof ... nothing.

Here's what makes the NFL scounts stupid - statistics for an entire career. If I were an NFL executive, I'd simply pull the numbers of how a player did against teams that finished in the Top 25 at the end of the season. The last poll really shows who the Top 25 teams were.

If a guy can only do it against the North Texas States and Rices of the world, I wouldn't touch 'em.

Word to ya muthah!

Civicus_Sooner
11/9/2007, 10:39 AM
Ha, Benson is the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf.

tommieharris91
11/9/2007, 11:03 AM
IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!! [hairGel]

Mods, lock this thread please. TFAD may get a start later in the season, but not this week.

stoopified
11/9/2007, 11:52 AM
It's amazing how people in the NFL bought the Cedric hype. The guy did nothing against us for four years. Big games. What did he do in big games? Nothing.

Oh, sure, he was great against Rice and North Texas. But, sitck him up against a decent defense and ... poof ... nothing.

Here's what makes the NFL scounts stupid - statistics for an entire career. If I were an NFL executive, I'd simply pull the numbers of how a player did against teams that finished in the Top 25 at the end of the season. The last poll really shows who the Top 25 teams were.

If a guy can only do it against the North Texas States and Rices of the world, I wouldn't touch 'em.

Word to ya muthah!Kind of like Chris Simms?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/9/2007, 12:06 PM
I argued with certain scouts and Mel Kiper himself over CB. I never saw anything that made me believe he could play at the next level, much less be worthy of a 1st round pick. No break away spead, little power running, fumblitis..Thats all I saw.Of course Mel laughed when I told him his golden boy Charlie Frye wouldn't be a good 3rd string quarterback.

Anyway I would not call the Bears scouts top notch scouts. For every Urlacher and Harris there is a Cade McNown, Curtis Ennis, Cedric Benson, Rex Grossman amongst others.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/9/2007, 12:09 PM
Curtis Conway with the number 7 pick..Muhhaaa

Civicus_Sooner
11/9/2007, 12:17 PM
They did get Tommie and Dusty.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/9/2007, 12:58 PM
They did get Tommie and Dusty.

Yeah and Tommie has paid out for them.

2. Dusty was a 3rd rounder not a first so he wasnt the near the same investment. I m a fan of Dusty, but due to injuries, you cant say his career has exactly panned out yet. I think he has played 1 game thru 2 year.

take a look at their 2005

2005 - Chicago Bears
Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 4 Cedric Benson RB Texas
2 39 Mark Bradley WR Oklahoma
4 106 Kyle Orton QB Purdue
5 140 Airese Currie WR Clemson
6 181 Chris Harris FS Louisiana-Monroe
7 220 Rod Wilson LB South Carolina

Not a lot of production there. You go back thru 10-15 years of drafts and see how many more misses than hits they have