PDA

View Full Version : Okla. State LB Collins suspended for season

EnidHighSooner
11/8/2007, 10:11 PM
"Chris Collins will not play in the remaining games on the 2007 Oklahoma State University schedule. We will not make a final decision on his long-term status on the OSU football team until we have fully reviewed and considered this matter in the wake of what has happened this week, and had a chance to talk to Chris in detail," Marlene Strathe, the university's interim president, said in a statement Thursday.

University spokesman Gary Shutt said Collins would be allowed to keep his scholarship and remain in school in the meantime.

Collins, now 20, was one of four men charged following an after-prom party in May 2004, when he was 17. An affidavit indicated the girl said she could recall Collins being on top of her and kissing her neck, and contains a statement from one of the other men that he saw Collins and the girl having sexual relations.

OUinFLA
11/8/2007, 10:15 PM
don't believe it until T Boone signs off on it.

sooneron
11/8/2007, 10:18 PM
Who would want to go to class with this POS?

EnidHighSooner
11/8/2007, 10:23 PM
Yea, If I was him I would transfer.

It has to be pretty embarrissing knowing everyone thinks of you as a kiddy raper.

Ash
11/8/2007, 10:33 PM
It's not that everyone thinks of him as a kiddy raper, he's a CONVICTED RAPIST. First degree felony.

If there was an ounce of integrity at Boone U he'd be off the team by now.

PAW
11/8/2007, 10:43 PM
Didn't Gundy at one point state that if Collins was found guilty, he'd be off the team?

EnidHighSooner
11/8/2007, 10:44 PM
Actually i'm think I do remember him saying that.

JohnnyMack
11/8/2007, 10:46 PM
I just can't believe they didn't kick him off the team.

Unreal.

sooneron
11/8/2007, 10:52 PM
He is going to have such a good time in Huntsville or wherever being a child rapist.

Soonerus
11/8/2007, 10:57 PM
He deserves everything he gets but I feel kind of sorry for him...

badger
11/8/2007, 10:59 PM
To give him an extreme benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't know that girl was underage... and as such, he probably should have been smarter than to sleep with a drunk girl that might have possibly been underage. I really don't know the situation that well, but if I had to guess, she probably lied about her age to him to sound cooler. High schoolers do that all the time, male and female, to get into college parties.

But yeah, he should have probably been completely evicted from the team, then if he went through counseling, community service work and also kept his college coursework up, THEN he might have clearance to rejoin the team, a la Dusty Dvoracek. However, this just sounds like "wait until people forget about it" punishment :mad:

Jello Biafra
11/8/2007, 11:12 PM
To give him an extreme benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't know that girl was underage... and as such, he probably should have been smarter than to sleep with a drunk girl that might have possibly been underage. I really don't know the situation that well, but if I had to guess, she probably lied about her age to him to sound cooler. High schoolers do that all the time, male and female, to get into college parties.

i read an article somewhere that indicated not only did he know the girl was 12 but his family and her family were friends. im not finding it at the moment but, im assuming that the fact that he plead guilty had something to do with the argument that "he did not know her age" was thrown out the window.

douxpaysan
11/8/2007, 11:39 PM
But yeah, he should have probably been completely evicted from the team, then if he went through counseling, community service work and also kept his college coursework up, THEN he might have clearance to rejoin the team, a la Dusty Dvoracek. However, this just sounds like "wait until people forget about it" punishment :mad:
Badj, you are way off base on this one. First of all, he was recruited by Texas but when this "incident" happened they backed off. OSU knew all about this guy and still signed him. Four guys(one was in his 30's)brought two girls to a motel room, got them drunk, and repeatedly (Collins has already admitted to this) raped them all night long. The 12 year old had to be in the 6th or 7th grade. Collins claimed she told him she was 16 but she says she never said that. DD got drunk and beat his buddy up. How you can even compare the two things I don't know, but you are in good company because that is what they are doing over on OP.com.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2007, 11:51 PM
Badger is right about this being a "wait until people forget about it" punishment..odds are he is back next season.. If they didnt plan on bringing him back they would have said it today

douxpaysan
11/9/2007, 12:03 AM
Badger is right about this being a "wait until people forget about it" punishment..odds are he is back next season.. If they didnt plan on bringing him back they would have said it today
I am sure that they were surprised by Collins admission of guilt. They had hoped to stall this thing out for another season or two. Now they have a hot potato on their hands. I don't think he will ever play football again. My questions would be...this guy is now a felon....is he not a sexual offender? Doesn't he have to now register where he lives?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/9/2007, 12:10 AM
they are giving him a test to see if he has to register or no I believe..a psyche test

douxpaysan
11/9/2007, 12:16 AM
they are giving him a test to see if he has to register or no I believe..a psyche test
I believe Holder is giving Gumby the "psyche test" for dumping this **** sandwich in his lap.

goingoneight
11/9/2007, 12:17 AM
I heard he's a defensive player, so it's not like they'd miss him up there. :D

Seriously, I don't know the situation... so I'll just roll with what develops. I agree with Badger, though... teen girls will lie to get into college parties, and throw a little booze in Collins and said girl... you never know how things end up.

arlington
11/9/2007, 02:04 AM
Look, i dont care if they play him or not but i really hate the phoniness thats going on up there. He didnt just commit this act last weekend so if you needed to sort out the facts, the facts have been sorted out for 2 years, all that was needed was the trial and plea.So if you are going to turn around and kick him out now, you should have never let him enroll in the first place. What hypocrites!

piusbovis
11/9/2007, 03:56 AM
Who would want to go to class with this POS?
This is something I wonder about- even if they keep him on the team, is he really going to gel with the defense? I guess if the extremely hypothetical were true and the they it they might, but still. I can't imagine being happy about playing next to him. Seems like more trouble than it's worth; much like the whole situation from recruitment on.

Harry Beanbag
11/9/2007, 06:57 AM
Badj, you are way off base on this one. First of all, he was recruited by Texas but when this "incident" happened they backed off. OSU knew all about this guy and still signed him. Four guys(one was in his 30's)brought two girls to a motel room, got them drunk, and repeatedly (Collins has already admitted to this) raped them all night long. The 12 year old had to be in the 6th or 7th grade. Collins claimed she told him she was 16 but she says she never said that. DD got drunk and beat his buddy up. How you can even compare the two things I don't know, but you are in good company because that is what they are doing over on OP.com.

He was actually committed to Texas. Mack pulled his scholarship after he found out about the allegations.

yukonsooner
11/9/2007, 08:13 AM
I just can't believe they are keeping him on scholarship. He wil be a convicted felon who plead guilty of sexual assault of a child. Whether she lied about her age or not, is not the issue. She wasn't the one on trial. He is the one that committed the crime. Second chances are good is some cases, but this is not one of them. If I were an OSU fan I would be up in arms, and ashamed of the university and Gundy's actions. Gundy told Jenni if she was going to write something, write it about a kid that hasn't done everything right, well I'd say Jenni should get her pen out and write about Collis, Gundy, and the university, because none of them have done anything right.

guzziguy
11/9/2007, 08:35 AM
Stuff Gundy now has to consider since he brought Collins to campus.

1. Is the athletic dorm within 2000 feet of a church, school, park or day care? If so, under Oklahoma law Collins can't live there.

2. Bowl games. Teams often visit hurting children or disadvantaged schools. Collins can't go. Volunteers at those facilities must pass the same muster as their employees. Further, agencies providing supplemental services must pledge that they do not employ sex criminals and that such people will not be used in providing service. At future bowl appearances won't the state university love having the national media point out that the line backer was left down the street on the bus because......

3. Some jurisdictions ban sex offenders from "public recreational areas." Will he be even allowed to attend those games as a player? I believe one could argue that a stadium on the grounds of a public university is a recreational area.