PDA

View Full Version : Another Orangpower gem

Ardmore_Sooner
11/8/2007, 06:18 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43905

This one is supposed to be about Rhode, but.... well just read this dribble. I love the internet.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/8/2007, 06:19 PM
And yes, I missspeled orange. ;)

mdklatt
11/8/2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43905

This one is supposed to be about Rhode, but.... well just read this dribble. I love the internet.

What's the big deal? That seems like a pretty reasonable thread to me. I do have one quibble:

I'd be much more embarrassed losing to Boise State than to Texas.

Once again, how exactly was that an upset? Is it David vs. Goliath when "David" was undefeated, ranked higher, and had a higher winning percentage than Goliath over the past seven years?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/8/2007, 06:35 PM
Now their wrestling team, man they've dropped like a rock off the face of the earth.

:D:D:D:D

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2007, 09:15 PM
Once again, how exactly was that an upset? Is it David vs. Goliath when "David" was undefeated, ranked higher, and had a higher winning percentage than Goliath over the past seven years?

The hypocrisy lies with the sportswriters, who ranked Boise State higher before the game and then wrote the David vs Goliath stories after the game.

cheezyq
11/8/2007, 11:37 PM
I laugh at first when they talk about our losses to BSU, USC, and KSU, etc. My first thought is - at least we're in the BCS and playing for national championships. But then I realize that it's just pathetic to live vicariously through the failures of those who are better at something than you are.

It would be like one of us laughing at Bill Gates if he lost a million dollars in the stock market. To him, it's just a minor inconvenience. He'd probably look upon us with the same disdain as we do at our sad, jealous, little orange-headed step-brother when he gloats over our misfortune against other teams.

goingoneight
11/8/2007, 11:55 PM
Funny how in the wake of their embarassing moments, they always bring up OU.

OU's "chokes" were in BIG 12 Championship races and BCS bowls. End. Of. Story. Unless you can list for me how many times OSU has been in that particular situation. As for making fun of us for "late season chokes since 2000..." You can also find me one coach who has won the crystal ball more than once the last ten years while you're at it.

I guess FSU "choked" against OU.
I guess Miami "choked" against Ohio State.
I guess USC "choked" against Texas.
And Ohio State "choked" against Florida, right? :rolleyes:

Once again, someone is stupid enough to think the 21-14 loss was a blowout. Hey aggy!!! Yeah, you... seven points is one possession in football. If we lost by seven in a baseball game... I'd call it a "blowout." Just remember your "orange nation" was crapping their pants when OU dropped a game-tying TD pass to take that one to overtime.

OUT.

setem
11/9/2007, 12:01 AM
Have any of you seen the thread over there about Bob going to aTm?!?!

goingoneight
11/9/2007, 12:28 AM
He'll have to take the A&M job since they have money and stuff.

setem
11/9/2007, 12:29 AM
I hear they are started lifting weights down there too! They are goin to be strong...DAAANG!!!

Stitch Face
11/9/2007, 12:42 AM
I guess FSU "choked" against OU.
I guess Miami "choked" against Ohio State.
I guess USC "choked" against Texas.
And Ohio State "choked" against Florida, right?

No.
No.
No.
Yeah, kinda.

ouflak
11/9/2007, 07:51 AM
Have any of you seen the thread over there about Bob going to aTm?!?!
Can't find it. Link?

edit: Nevermind. Found it. (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43739)

fadada1
11/9/2007, 08:08 AM
their level of stupidity is unmatched in this universe. unless, of course, you believe the theory that a parallel universe exists that mirrors our own. however, something like that clearly does not exist, because two such entities existing in the same space would cause a tear in the "time-space continuum" so big that even a poke couldn't "dumb their way out."

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2007, 09:42 AM
It would be a multi-dimensional black hole of stupidity. There is such a thing.

Instead of sucking like it usually does, it simply sits there spinning, scratching it's head, and talking about how great it's gonna be with all the money coming into the program.

soonersn2007
11/9/2007, 10:05 AM
The stupidity of the cowpoke fanbase never ceases to amaze me, what a group of jealous and envious slobs. The best thing that could ever happen to the state of Oklahoma is that the university in Stillwater was closed.

setem
11/9/2007, 10:08 AM
I was looking at this one! (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43697)

They are silly gooses!

setem
11/9/2007, 10:12 AM
The stupidity of the cowpoke fanbase never ceases to amaze me, what a group of jealous and envious slobs. The best thing that could ever happen to the state of Oklahoma is that the university in Stillwater was closed.

No way man! Apart from the economic back lash...where would the higher ups in society go to school? I don't think they would want to go to little ole OU!!! I don't think they could stand the mullets and cut off jorts!

Plus who would they would not be able to roll around on the floor anymore! They are good at that! They are champion rolling around on the floorers!!!:cool:

ocsooner
11/9/2007, 10:22 AM
Quote from the orange board:

"I wish we could start choking like OU."

Kind of says it all...

stoopified
11/9/2007, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=cheezyq]I laugh at first when they talk about our losses to BSU, USC, and KSU, etc. My first thought is - at least we're in the BCS and playing for national championships. But then I realize that it's just pathetic to live vicariously through the failures of those who are better at something than you are.

It would be like one of us laughing at Bill Gates if he lost a million dollars in the stock market. To him, it's just a minor inconvenience. He'd probably look upon us with the same disdain as we do at our sad, jealous, little orange-headed step-brother when he gloats over our misfortune against other teams.[/QUOTET.Boone State] fans are notorius for living vicariously through other teams.For years I never thought about osu one way or another until their fans would come up to me (I aimost always dress in OU apparel/accents:It drives my wife crazy) and ask me what happened to my team after we lose to a UT,NU,or USC.It does not make any difference to them that we just beat them 52-9 or 44-7 or 42-14.I do know a handful of classy osu fans who are not like that BUt I have run into many more who are jerks.I am talking about osu fans who would buy UT,NU,or BSU hats or flags or shirts to wear JUST BECAUSE those teams beat OU The Schnelly-Boo portion of THE LOST DECADE was hard to take .Say what you will about Gibbs,he never lost to the Pukes.

tommieharris91
11/9/2007, 11:14 AM
fans are notorius for living vicariously through other teams.

I've had one pukie tell me the opposite. He told me this right after we lost to texass in '06.

cheezyq
11/9/2007, 03:12 PM
T.Boone State] fans are notorius for living vicariously through other teams.For years I never thought about osu one way or another until their fans would come up to me (I aimost always dress in OU apparel/accents:It drives my wife crazy) and ask me what happened to my team after we lose to a UT,NU,or USC.It does not make any difference to them that we just beat them 52-9 or 44-7 or 42-14.I do know a handful of classy osu fans who are not like that BUt I have run into many more who are jerks.I am talking about osu fans who would buy UT,NU,or BSU hats or flags or shirts to wear JUST BECAUSE those teams beat OU The Schnelly-Boo portion of THE LOST DECADE was hard to take .Say what you will about Gibbs,he never lost to the Pukes.

That's funny because throughout my childhood years, I was cool with oSu also. I'm a die-hard OU fan since birth, but didn't have anything against them until the 90s. It doesn't matter to them that we beat them nearly every year, just as long as they have some misfortune to hang over our heads. K-State fans are the same way.

Their fans don't bug me too much, though. They're kind of like a slow fly buzzing around. It's obnoxious until I work up the energy to grab a fly swatter and smash it. I almost pity them....until their smushed guts are on smeared everywhere and I have to Windex their innards off the sliding glass door. Sometimes it's just easier to shoo them away.

Crimsontothecore
11/9/2007, 03:22 PM
Jealous kid sisters at it again. You would think they would still be busy discussing why their coach gave a scholly to a baby raper....oh, I forgot, they locked down that thread and any other thread that dares to bring that up. It's the cyber equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears and going LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA:rolleyes:

SoonerWally
11/9/2007, 03:26 PM
Choke State = Bizarro Superman

http://www.members.aol.com/SprFriends/bios-lod.htm

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/9/2007, 04:03 PM
I'd be much more embarrassed losing to Boise State than to Texas.

Well, I would rather lose to Boise St. than get our asses handed to us by Troy...:D

ouwasp
11/9/2007, 04:10 PM
see, this poke nonsense is why I wish ****** were some time earlier in the season. Halfway through the season their reason for existence (attempting to beat OU) would be gone. Maybe then they'd implode and go away into a black hole or that parallel universe...

NYC Poke
11/9/2007, 04:22 PM
I was looking at this one! (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43697)

They are silly gooses!

That might be the dumbest post I've ever seen on any message board on any topic. That guy has to be a troll.

Welcome to our board.

tator
11/9/2007, 04:42 PM
This is my favorite:

How does every post on this board instantly get converted from the title subject to OU. If we would put half our efforts in supporting OSU rather than bashing stoops and OU, heck we might be pretty stinkin' good.

Flying Scotsman
11/9/2007, 05:36 PM
Jealously does abound in Ag heaven!