PDA

View Full Version : If you update to iTunes 7.5...

proud gonzo
11/8/2007, 03:29 PM
don't let it automatically download QuickTime 7.3 because it will bork your iTunes. And then you'll get all ****ed off and end up having to uninstall quicktime and go back to QuickTime 7.2.

FYI.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2007, 03:34 PM
don't let it automatically download QuickTime 7.3 because it will bork your iTunes. And then you'll get all ****ed off and end up having to uninstall quicktime and go back to QuickTime 7.2.

FYI.

The program itself or the music within iTunes?

A year or so ago, I had a problem with iTunes (presumably) slowly corrupting all of my music files and rendering them unplayable.

I've noticed a couple of my songs have been corrupted again since I last upgraded so maybe that's what happened last time.

proud gonzo
11/8/2007, 03:37 PM
no, it's a problem with the program, not with the music files. at least not as far as I can tell.

When you try to open itunes it won't and gives you an error message indicating that some of the required files are missing. which is a lie.

Widescreen
11/8/2007, 03:43 PM
So 7.5 tries to download 7.3? I've learned with iTunes to wait a couple of weeks and monitor the itunes message boards. When they went to 7.0 it completely hosed me. I had to go through all kinds of gyrations to get back to 6.X. That's when I decided to let others be the guinea pigs.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2007, 03:59 PM
So 7.5 tries to download 7.3? I've learned with iTunes to wait a couple of weeks and monitor the itunes message boards. When they went to 7.0 it completely hosed me. I had to go through all kinds of gyrations to get back to 6.X. That's when I decided to let others be the guinea pigs.
But, I thought Apple was totally flawless in everything that they do?

sooneron
11/8/2007, 04:04 PM
I've had no issues, maybe cuz I have quicktime pro.

rufnek05
11/8/2007, 04:11 PM
i think iTunes just doesn't like Windows

Widescreen
11/8/2007, 04:14 PM
There are heretics who know otherwise.

SoonerJack
11/8/2007, 04:20 PM

Is this an attempt to defend Microsoft? Don't even go there.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2007, 06:26 PM
Is this an attempt to defend Microsoft? Don't even go there.
That's exactly what it is.

I love my iPod, but I'll never ever buy another Apple computer.

Ike
11/8/2007, 06:48 PM
I got both these updates. Everything seems to work fine for me.

Maybe its cause I'm on a mac tho.

mdklatt
11/8/2007, 06:50 PM
QuickTime is computer cancer.

handcrafted
11/8/2007, 06:54 PM
That's exactly what it is.

I love my iPod, but I'll never ever buy another Apple computer.

That's only because you're ghey. :D

(dux)

handcrafted
11/8/2007, 07:03 PM
i think iTunes just doesn't like Windows

To be more precise, QuickTime doesn't like windows.

To be even more precise, Windows doesn't like QuickTime. Or iTunes. Or any other non-Microsoft apps. Which is why Windows sucks.

Be that as it may, I still have to use it for the time being. So good tip PG, thanks. I'll wait to upgrade until they patch it.

mdklatt
11/8/2007, 07:10 PM
To be more precise, QuickTime doesn't like windows.

Ding ding ding!

To be even more precise, Windows doesn't like QuickTime. Or iTunes. Or any other non-Microsoft apps. Which is why Windows sucks.

Lots of software works just fine with Windows.

OklaPony
11/8/2007, 07:35 PM
I only use I-Tunes on one of the computers here at work to listen to Net radio. I did both updates the other day and have had no issues at all. XP-Pro OS on a Dell box.

handcrafted
11/10/2007, 11:52 AM
Ran the full update this morning and it went smoothly. Everything's working great.