PDA

View Full Version : SEC East Champ vs LSU

MarylandSooner
11/8/2007, 08:39 AM
I am interested to know what everyone thinks of which team from the East has the best chance of knocking of LSU in the SEC championship game, presuming that LSU wins the West which looks like is going to happen.

There seems to be alot that can happen in the East division, including Kentucky coming back and taking it. Even though Kentucky has had a few bad weeks, I think they have an advantage over LSU at least from the mental standpoint.

Discuss.

StoopTroup
11/8/2007, 09:23 AM
Georgia.

They have a good Coach and after they beat Florida I felt they are on track.

Plus...they beat Troy and not everybody can say that. :D

sjt
11/8/2007, 10:31 AM
I think Florida with a healthy Tebow is the only team in the east that can beat LSU. Tennessee's defense is terrible, Georgia is too inconsistent and Kentucky was playing way over their heads in their previous meeting.

LSU might have trouble before then with Arkansas if the Hogs decide to play defense. Also, they have a potential trip up game at Ole Miss who played Alabama, Florida and Auburn very tough.

man00
11/8/2007, 11:57 AM
not going to happen...LSU in NC game

soonerhillbilly
11/8/2007, 11:59 AM
I have feeling Ark will knock off LSU ! Same feeling when Kentucky did it, when BC went down, when usc went down etc. Unfort for us nutt haters the hogs will win this one for him. Boomer Sooner!!!

Chrisrokc
11/8/2007, 12:08 PM
I think Georgia will beable to do it. Plus the game is played in Georgia. :-)

adoniijahsooner
11/8/2007, 12:18 PM
Georgia is the most capable.

toneful
11/8/2007, 12:42 PM
it seems LSU gets every conceivable benefit of the doubt from the pollsters and prognosticators. Kinda sickens me. The have had it from day one of the season. Because of what has happened the last couple of years it seems that people feel their are OWED all this.

Great Gordo
11/8/2007, 01:15 PM
I believe LSU fears a re-match with Florida. Florida would win the tie-breaker if its a three way tie between UF, UGA, and Tenn.

MojoRisen
11/8/2007, 01:30 PM
I think since Arkansas got Monk back they have a deep threat and legit all american at wide reciever to go along with the running game.

Also Georgia went into Alabama in front of a very hostile crowd and beat them down. I think Georgia can hang physically with LSU and beat them especially in the Georgia dome-

So Arkansas has a chance- Georgia could very easily beat LSU - like they did Bama at Bama.

MextheBulldog
11/8/2007, 01:49 PM
The best scenario would be for them to have to beat the Gators again, but UF has three conference losses, so they are probably out.

Arky game is in Baton Smooge, so forget it.

Georgia has looked good and bad at times this year. If GA can beat auburn this weekend, they have the inside track. But Tenn did drill Ga at home. It's still possible for something like a 5 way tie too.

Unfortunately I think LSU wins out....

SoonerDood
11/8/2007, 03:06 PM
Tennessee has the inside track- they beat UGa head to head. The Vols have no chance against LSU.

TopDawg
11/8/2007, 04:06 PM
I hope Georgia makes it. I think they've got the best chance of knocking off the Bayou Bengals. I think they can be pretty balanced and control the game.

LSUdeek
11/8/2007, 05:06 PM
Couple things:

1) UT is in the driver's seat to reach the SECCG by virtue of their head-to-head win over UGA and UGA's win over UF, giving UF 3 conference losses.

2) Ark had Monk last year in War Memorial, rushed for nearly 300 yards on LSU and still couldn't win. Why? They have nobody at the quarterback position. It won't happen in TS.

3) I'm just not worried about a UGA team that relies on the rushing attack with Moreno. Our only defensive weakness is against the long pass when our safeties get isolated in man coverage, Danny McCray got victimized several times. Stafford is a decent QB but his recievers simply aren't all that.

Our defense is still #2 in the country despite allowing yards the past 4 weeks in a row, and would be an overwhelming #1 if not for the opposition that tOSU's played. Michigan will take care of that regardless.

Desert Sapper
11/8/2007, 05:23 PM
3) I'm just not worried about a UGA team that relies on the rushing attack with Moreno. Our only defensive weakness is against the long pass when our safeties get isolated in man coverage, Danny McCray got victimized several times. Stafford is a decent QB but his recievers simply aren't all that.

This is really why I want to play you guys. I want to see if big boy Dorsey can get past Duke. And I want to see isolation with JI, MK, or Gresh on your safeties with Sam Bradford having all day to throw.

The only guy on your entire team that scares me is Hester. That dude plays like a man. He is Larry Csonka-esque. Total badass whiteboy running the ball.

And, yes, I think UGA can beat you, and I can almost guarantee the Vols drop 1 or more of their last three.