PDA

View Full Version : Gardner Webb beats Kantucky

Blue
11/8/2007, 02:19 AM
Sucks for those guys.

Before I laugh, let's beat San Fran!

OUSKINS
11/8/2007, 08:05 AM
The folks running the 2KC in NYC can't be too pleased with that. I am sure they envisioned a Kentucky-Memphis Final when they booked this tourney.

Anyway, excited about the season starting tonight-- I'll be there as always!

Ardmore_Sooner
11/8/2007, 10:29 AM
UCONN almost got beat by Morgan State. If that would've happened Gardner Webb would've played the winner of Buffalo and Morgan State. Yikes!

birddog
11/8/2007, 10:40 AM
is there any tv for our game against the don flamencos?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/8/2007, 10:42 AM
I don't think there is man.

lexsooner
11/8/2007, 06:46 PM
There is shock here in Lexington after the Cats layed an egg in Rupp last night. However, Cats fans are still cautiously optimistic about Billy G and future prospects. The spin is: Those are Tubby's players, so what do you expect?; Billy G is experimenting and throwing away early meaningless games to see what he has; and this whole season is a throw away year. Tubby left bad players, so Billy G has to build from the ground up. Nonetheless, lots of fans are ****ed after last night's humiliation.

From his past reputation, Gillespie definitely knows what he is doing and is a good coach. He appears to be working his team much harder than Tubby Smith did. A source said Gillespie was running full scrimmages the same day as the game last night, and the players might have been tired. I think Billy G is a good coach and better recruiter than Tubby. However, there are some character issues floating around: booze and young women.

As an OU football fan, I actually understand why UK wanted a change. I liked Tubby a lot as a person, but UK expects final fours and national titles, not just SEC titles and final eight/16 appearances. It's like if we had a coach who went 8-4 or so each year. We want to be in the running for the national title, not just go to the Outback Bowl each year.