11/7/2007, 10:39 PM
Kind of old news, but it's an entertaining read:

September 30, 2007

Media Blackout:
161 Federal Tax Charges, 0 Convictions

IRS Suffers Staggering Defeat
Tax Questions Raised Regarding
Gold and Silver Coins Used to Pay Wages

Around noon on Monday, September 17th, a Las Vegas federal jury returned its verdict refusing to convict nine defendants of any of the 161 federal tax crimes they had been charged with. The charges included income tax evasion, willful failure to file and conspiracy to evade taxes.

The four-month trial centered around the family businesses of Robert Kahre who paid numerous workers for their labor with circulating gold and silver U.S. coins, and did not report the wages. The payments took place over several years, allegedly totaling at least $114 million dollars.

On September 20, 2007, three days after the federal trial's dramatic conclusion, the Las Vegas Review Journal, reportedly under a degree of public pressure, ran its first (and last) story about the outcome of the trial. To this day, with exception of the single article by the Review Journal, no major media entity has published a news story regarding the outcome of this important federal criminal tax case.

The censorship of this important news story is, unfortunately, not unexpected given the continuing, worldwide onslaught against the U.S. "dollar" -- specifically the Federal Reserve variety, and the ever growing numbers of Federal Reserve Notes required to trade for an actual ounce of silver, gold, oil, or for that matter, anything.

In short, this failed prosecution has coalesced and exposed truths our Government desperately needs to hide from the People: the truth about our money, the truth about our (privately-owned) central bank, and the truth about the fraudulent nature of the operation and enforcement of the federal income tax system.

http://www.wethepeoplefoundation.org/UPDATE/Update2007-09-30.htm

--------------End----------------

So, if you can get your employee to pay you in silver dollars which have a face value of 1 dollar, but are actually worth $20, then you report the face value only on your returns:texan:

MamaMia
11/8/2007, 08:08 AM
Wow, thanks for the info. I cant get anyone to work more than 3 days week, but I'll think about giving myself a tax break. :D

OUDoc
11/8/2007, 08:55 AM
I wonder how I can get my patients to pay me in gold and silver coins?

StoopTroup
11/8/2007, 09:06 AM
You need a sign at the front desk.

landrun
11/12/2007, 01:22 PM
okay. gurus.

I have a few questions. Let's say I have a few silver dollars (actually they look gold and were made in 2000 - I guess this is a gold dollar?? I dunno.), how much are these coins worth? How can I find out? Where can I trade them in for their actual value? Or would I want to just keep them rather than trading them in? :pop:

Widescreen
11/12/2007, 01:27 PM
Are you talking about Susan B Anthony dollar coins?

landrun
11/12/2007, 01:37 PM
Are you talking about Susan B Anthony dollar coins?

No. Just a gold/silver dollar coin made in 2000.

(I got a bad feeling these things are worth, oh... say a dollar? ) :mad:

soonerbrat
11/12/2007, 03:02 PM
the Sacajawea coins?
they are worth $1.
no gold or silver in them

jeremy885
11/12/2007, 03:30 PM
I don't see it in the link, but what payroll expense deduction did the company take for the value of the coins? This is the only defense that I could see the company using. If they took it at the face value of the coins and report the earnings at face value; then I could see the burden shifting to the employees when they sell the coins at the market value (which they would have to report the gain as income). Also, did the face value of the coins equal or exceed paid to the employees exceed the minimum wage that would have been due to these employees? If not, it seems that the Feds could go after them that way.

landrun
11/12/2007, 04:52 PM
the Sacajawea coins?
they are worth $1.
no gold or silver in them

Yep. Those are the ones... :(
I have a few similar ones with Thomas Jefferson on them too. But they look like they're made out of identical material.