PDA

View Full Version : Out of Contact

OU4LIFE
11/7/2007, 03:10 PM
cement. I was working on a project with construction paper and crayons, and I ran out of contact cement.

I can't continue without it.

boogers won't work, I already tried that.

sooner_born_1960
11/7/2007, 03:15 PM
PVC glue should do in a pinch.

frankensooner
11/7/2007, 03:16 PM
Make your own! Materials for the Flour Paste Recipe for Paper Crafts

Makes 8 ounces.

1 empty cottage cheese or ricotta cheese container (or similar), washed rinsed and dried
1/16 teaspoon of wintergreen oil
1/2 cup white flour
2/3 cup of tap water

Equipment Needed to Make Homemade Flour Paste

1 bowl
1 spoon
1 hand for stirring
a fun paper craft project so you can use the glue!

Prepare Before Making the Flour Paste

Kids, wear an old shirt or an apron. Clear off a space on a tabletop or a counter. Always line the counter with old newspaper some paper towels. It makes cleaning up after so much easier!

Collect the equipment including a large plastic bowl for mixing. You want to pick a bowl that is bigger than you need. That way the flour is not as likely to spill out of the bowl.

It's harder to mix recipe ingredients, even for flour paste, in a bowl that is too small.

Kids You can take out the plastic measuring cups and measuring spoons. Use a butter knife or the handle-end of the spoon to level-off the flour after measuring it into the 1/2 cup measuring cup. Having the exact right amount of ingredients helps make your paste flour recipe a success.

Next, use a liquid measuring cup to measure exactly 2/3 cup of water.

Make the Flour Paste

After the flour and water are measured, it's time to pour, mix and stir the flour paste recipe for paper crafts.

Pour the measured flour into the bowl first. Then pour the water, slowly mixing, until all of the water is added.

You will have to use your kid muscles to keep stirring until the flour paste looks good and creamy (but not good enough to eat, remember!)
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/270471/flour_paste_recipe_for_kid_crafts_and.html

Mongo
11/7/2007, 03:17 PM
what does howzit use to make his magazine pages stick together? you should try that stuff

TopDaugIn2000
11/7/2007, 03:23 PM
http://wickedstageact2.typepad.com/life_on_the_wicked_stage_/WindowsLiveWriter/AncientCathedralHeldTogetherWithDuctTape_12787/duct-tape%5B3%5D.jpg

sooner_born_1960
11/7/2007, 03:30 PM
lens solution. I was working on a project with construction paper and crayons, and I ran out of contact lens solution. My eyes are drying out.

OU4LIFE
11/7/2007, 03:31 PM
'69' tape?

I feel offended.

OU4LIFE
11/7/2007, 03:32 PM
lens solution. I was working on a project with construction paper and crayons, and I ran out of contact lens solution. My eyes are drying out.

this would have made a superior copycat thread, but you wasted it in here.

frankensooner
11/7/2007, 03:35 PM
I'm out of contact. In Cement, OK. My cell phone can't find service.

sooner_born_1960
11/7/2007, 03:49 PM
this would have made a superior copycat thread, but you wasted it in here.
I just beat the mods to the merge.