PDA

View Full Version : just when i thought

rondog79
11/7/2007, 11:21 AM
osu fans couldnt get any dumber i read this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot get over the lost opportunities of the Texas and A&M games, and I wonder if the stars will ever line up with the kind of opportunities that have been laid at our doorstep this year. That said . . .

No way does Kasas leave Stillwater with a win. This is at best their second legit game of the year. Their defense may have impressive numbers, but they have not seen an offense anywhere close to ours so far this year. Our defense has issues, but we may well be the best or second best defense they have seen. The only variable is how "for real" their quarterback and passing game are and whether we fall back into those huge seams and "playing off" we went back to doing in Q4 of the TU game.

If our offense has at least a typical day and our defense will be allowed to actually defend their receivers rather than laying off to watch the catch, we KILL KU by at least three touchdowns. This should not be one of those barnburners at the Boone; this should be an overwhelming OSU victory. Should be similar to last week's OU-A&M game.:eek:

man00
11/7/2007, 11:22 AM
I think OSU will win also

fadada1
11/7/2007, 11:23 AM
osu fans couldnt get any dumber i read this

clearly, you continue to underestimate their abilities in the realm of stupidity.

fadada1
11/7/2007, 11:26 AM
mantra of the osu fan (sung to the tune of jingle bells):

if if if
if if if
if if if, if if
if if if, if if if if
if if if if if if IIIIFFFFFFF!!!!

if if if
if if if.......

kevpks
11/7/2007, 11:26 AM
Should be similar to last week's OU-A&M game.

I just love how the Pokes can only define themselves in relation to OU. I have never thought to myself, "OU will beat Tech just like OSU did." OU's accomplishments speak for themselves. Plus I'd rather not give up 700 yards to Tech in our win.

tommieharris91
11/7/2007, 11:31 AM
Uhh no, that okie state pass defense is still bad. Some defensive units that Kansas may have seen in their noncon may be better than osu's defense.

rondog79
11/7/2007, 11:42 AM

if if if
if if if
if if if, if if
if if if, if if if if
if if if if if if IIIIFFFFFFF!!!!

if if if
if if if.......

priceless

BrockLanders
11/7/2007, 12:05 PM
I dont know if they "KILL KU by at least three touchdowns" but this is the type of game OSU wins.

They still suck though.

Readyfor8
11/7/2007, 12:07 PM
Scoring offense Kansas 2nd, Oklahoma State 26th.... I'd say they have played a better offense every week all season than Oklahoma State's...

bmjlr
11/7/2007, 02:49 PM
Scoring offense Kansas 2nd, Oklahoma State 26th.... I'd say they have played a better offense every week all season than Oklahoma State's...

Heck, KU plays a better offense than OSU everyday in practice. :D

SoonerBOI
11/7/2007, 03:44 PM
next year, next year , next year...

birddog
11/7/2007, 03:49 PM
sorry dude, but your schtick is getting pretty lame. nobody is bothered by your attempts to flame.

BO-
RING

Vic n Tulsa
11/7/2007, 03:54 PM

if if if we didn't screwed by the refs in Oregon
if if if
if if if, if if we should have beaten Boise State
if if if, if if if if
if if if if if if IIIIFFFFFFF how the hell did we lose to colorado and

if if if every team above us loses
if if if we deserve to be MNC:)

same can be sung by the mighty Sooners......:texan:

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 04:06 PM
next year, next year , next year...

Unless your team wins a national championship, every college football fan talks about next year. We just usually start doing it earlier in the season than most.

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 04:12 PM
same can be sung by the mighty Sooners

[UT fan]I wonder IF I should leave early enough this year to spend some time at the outlet mall in San Marcos before the Alamo Bowl?[/UT fan]

:texan:

SoonerBOI
11/7/2007, 04:14 PM
Unless your team wins a national championship, every college football fan talks about next year. We just usually start doing it earlier in the season than most.

I hope some of your fans can relax and enjoy the game of CFB. Your team is fun to watch, srsly.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 04:22 PM
I hope some of your fans can relax and enjoy the game of CFB. Your team is fun to watch, srsly.

Thanks for the kind words. I think some of our fans just haven't been around enough to know what it's like to really suffer. They've tasted just enough victory that they think we should be able to expect it.

RedStripe
11/7/2007, 04:37 PM
NYC Poke do the osu fans really refer to the stadium as 'the Boone'?

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 04:43 PM
Your team is fun to watch, srsly.

This is true, especially when they bend over and then get bent over by Texas in the same game. Win-win! :D

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 04:45 PM
NYC Poke do the osu fans really refer to the stadium as 'the Boone'?

I haven't been to Stillwater in some time, but I haven't seen it referred to as such on orangepower, or from any of the OSU people that are visiting up here. Could be. You're probably in a better position than I am to learn that.

MamaMia
11/7/2007, 05:00 PM
Its business as usual when the Sooners beat the pokes. I wouldn't be too surprised if Kansas losses to them. Bone Pickins is a tough place to play. This year we really need Kansas to win out so we can move up after we win the BTC game. :)

Outopia
11/7/2007, 05:30 PM

Very aggie "Man00"

You sound more like "Man40"

You have sounded most aggie before my friend.

Like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Wait! "in sheeps clothing", "in sheep", I dare not go further, you "are" agent aggie, double-O-40. I knew it!

crawfish
11/7/2007, 05:37 PM
The only chance OSU has is to score a heck of a lot of points. Their defense is NOT going to consistently stop KU.

orangekaje
11/7/2007, 05:48 PM
I just love how the Pokes can only define themselves in relation to OU. I have never thought to myself, "OU will beat Tech just like OSU did." OU's accomplishments speak for themselves. Plus I'd rather not give up 700 yards to Tech in our win.

I just love how Sooners try to act cool by asking why OSU fans bring them up so much when they have 7 threads on the front page of their own forum discussing OSU. :rolleyes:

rondog79
11/7/2007, 06:13 PM
I just love how Sooners try to act cool by asking why OSU fans bring them up so much when they have 7 threads on the front page of their own forum discussing OSU. :rolleyes:

see what i mean thier (aggietards)

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 06:15 PM

Way to miss the point completely.

When we lose a recruit, we don't claim that there's an "oSu media conspiracy" to make us look bad. We don't blame our problems on the field on "those cheaters [up north]". We don't just sell out our games every other year when "Zero State" comes to town. We're not instant fans of the last team to beat you guys.

Since you brought up message boards, not only are there numerous OU threads on your message boards, but OU gets mentioned even in threads that have nothing to do with OU.

Hey guys, what do you think are chances are against KU?

Pretty good if we paid our players like the GOONER$ do

uo would totally get owned by KU

I hope we beat KU just to shut up the cheater bandwagon fans and the Daily Jokelahoman

:rolleyes:

orangekaje
11/7/2007, 06:18 PM

When we lose a recruit, we don't claim that there's an "oSu media conspiracy" to make us look bad. We don't blame our problems on the field on "those cheaters [up north]". We don't just sell out our games every other year when "Zero State" comes to town. We're not instant fans of the last team to beat you guys.

Since you brought up message boards, not only are there numerous OU threads on your message boards, but OU gets mentioned even in threads that have nothing to do with OU.

I hope we beat KU just to shut up the cheater bandwagon fans and the Daily Jokelahoman

Yeah because OSU never gets mentioned in non-OSU threads.

:stunned:

Do I seriously need to point out a few examples of OU fans mentioning OSU in non-OSU threads or are you that dense? :rolleyes:

orangekaje
11/7/2007, 06:19 PM
see what i mean thier (aggietards)

Not only do you incorrectly use "they're", but you also misspell "their" when calling people tards. :O

Charla
11/7/2007, 06:27 PM
You are absolutey right who cares about Pig Tech Let us make reference to them non-existant. ( just like their football program).

BigDeezy
11/7/2007, 06:30 PM
in his defense, he was just trying to speak pokie.

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 06:32 PM
Do I seriously need to point out a few examples of OU fans mentioning OSU in non-OSU threads or are you that dense? :rolleyes:

Go for tit.

rainiersooner
11/7/2007, 06:36 PM
Mike Gundy does wonders for the national perception of the state of Oklahoma. Well done Pokes!!! Go get 'em!

Outopia
11/7/2007, 06:37 PM

Why, hadn't you heard? Your aggies are famous (infamous) right now. You have a game with someone who matters (Kansas), your coach is getting owned in the media (Rhodes rant), your starting linebacker plead guilty to raping a "12" year old, and your team choked in biblical proportions last Saurday. So yes, there will be discussion about your aggies, here and many other places.

Don't let it your "fame" go to your head, you will be forgotten soon enough. "Fame" is fleeting you know.

Also: Glad your here to act as "de facto" aggie moderator. Are you also the one who counts stories in the DOK sports page too?

orangekaje
11/7/2007, 06:39 PM
Go for tit.

Didn't have to look far. OSU being brought up in a thread about OU's colors.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2102778&postcount=13

:pop:

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 06:39 PM
Why, hadn't you heard? Your aggies are famous (infamous) right now. You have a game with someone who matters (Kansas), your coach is getting owned in the media (Rhodes rant), your starting linebacker plead guilty to raping a "12" year old, and your team choked in biblical proportions last Saurday.

TEAM ON THE RISE! [hairGel]

Also: Glad your here to act as "de facto" aggie moderator. Are you also the one who counts stories in the DOK sports page too?

:D

Ash
11/7/2007, 06:43 PM
Not only do you incorrectly use "they're", but you also misspell "their" when calling people tards. :O

OOOH! pwn3d with the grammar smack!

[hairGel]

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 06:55 PM
Didn't have to look far. OSU being brought up in a thread about OU's colors.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2102778&postcount=13

That's completely in context. You guys (and Oregon) do change your uniforms a lot, so it's not unreasonable to mention that when talking about us possibly changing our uniforms.

For example, there's a thread on OP.com right now about how your fans were throwing stuff at Texas fans, and OU fans get mentioned: http://www.orangepower.com/showpost.php?p=400219&postcount=8

That's in the context of the thread, and thus not aggy.

Try again.

Outopia
11/7/2007, 06:59 PM

Also: Ms. Grammar Queen, remember, commas can be your friend.

CORNholio
11/7/2007, 07:26 PM
'Rasslin' season must be over judging by the influx of pumpkins.

usmc-sooner
11/7/2007, 07:27 PM

were laughing at you not with you

CORNholio
11/7/2007, 07:29 PM
So tell us the good news orangekaje, did okie lite come away with the 6,000th rasslin championship that nobody cares about? Or did you wind up losing due to some kind of "global-media-conspiracy" among the rasslin circles?

TIA for the incoming grammarcide.

Piware
11/8/2007, 04:48 PM

Hey, let's talk about Chris Collins. You wanna talk about that?

picasso
11/8/2007, 04:59 PM
same can be sung by the mighty Sooners......:texan:
actually Vic, we've had more than just "ifs".

picasso
11/8/2007, 05:02 PM
also, oSu has blown a great chance to have a better than average season. I'm not sure Gundy is going to have a better offense than he's had this season.

almost makes me sad.

Animal Mother
11/8/2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah because OSU never gets mentioned in non-OSU threads.

:stunned:

Why the hell (other than the obvious, you're ignorant and want to cause trouble like a 4th grader) are you and your goat sexing comrades posting on this board??? It's the single most identifying mark of a total loser I have ever witnessed. I feel the same way about ANYONE camping on another team's board. Reading posts is fine but posting is just so juvenile, it is not believable. If you were invited, I might tolerate it. No one that is sane would ask a still born OSU fan to post here. Sorry. Still born OSU fan is redundant

mdklatt
11/8/2007, 06:33 PM
Why the hell (other than the obvious, you're ignorant and want to cause trouble like a 4th grader) are you and your goat sexing comrades posting on this board??? It's the single most identifying mark of a total loser I have ever witnessed.

Eh, we have plenty of non-Sooners on the board, and a lot of them are worthy. It's not my cup of tea to hang out where I'm sure to get a daily beatdown, but to each his own.

orangekaje
11/8/2007, 07:20 PM
Why the hell (other than the obvious, you're ignorant and want to cause trouble like a 4th grader) are you and your goat sexing comrades posting on this board??? It's the single most identifying mark of a total loser I have ever witnessed. I feel the same way about ANYONE camping on another team's board. Reading posts is fine but posting is just so juvenile, it is not believable. If you were invited, I might tolerate it. No one that is sane would ask a still born OSU fan to post here. Sorry. Still born OSU fan is redundant

Pot...Kettle much? So by being the mature non-loser that you are, you respond to me with "juvenile" name calling and 4th grade trouble making rather than just ignoring me or not responding like 99.9% of the rest of your posters are capable of doing. :rolleyes:

orangekaje
11/8/2007, 07:21 PM
Hey, let's talk about Chris Collins. You wanna talk about that?

I imagine that would be a one sided discussion.

tommieharris91
11/8/2007, 07:38 PM
In Before Lock

Sooner1979
11/8/2007, 07:43 PM

This is the sole reason I dispise the CowCHOKEs...They talk about how their fans are classy, that they always follow the rules and are never being investigated by the NCAA...Are they freaking kidding me...Do they not remember 1989 and how they were one decision away by the NCAA to being given the Death Penalty...They were caught paying players, giving players cars and yes players were getting payed by Boosters for work not performed...The NCAA had evidence that the CowCHOKEs coaches were aware of all their actions...In fact, I am willing to bet that is the sole reason they were able to get Barry Sanders...Present day Coach Mr. IM40 recruited a player that was openly denied a scholarship by UT back in 2004 because they were well aware of what LB Collins was facing...(screwing a 12 year old)...They still recruited and played him up until his hearing this week which we all know now that he pleaded guilty...Before that, they had some of the biggest thugs playing for Lester (Prentice Elliot and others)...Yep, they should pride themselves on their spitting clean image...

Oh and they are still saying that OU is only known because of their cheating and our unruly fans...Well, I have one thing to say to them...What comes around goes around...They were craving more National media attention, and they definitely got it...Not the good kind though...Also, their fans were throwing water bottles, cups and other objects at the UT players for gathering around their band to sing their school song which they do win or lose at every game, Home or away games...

HUGE Hypocrites...

OU has the best and most respectful fans and Stoops would not and does not allow that crap on the team...In fact, he kicked off his starting QB for excepting payment for work not done before the NCAA even made their decision...Gundy, allowed a rapist to play for 3 years and still hasnt made a final decision even after he plead guilty in the court of law...

You can argue with me all you want, but my statements are not fictional...I may not have all the facts, but rape is not a gray area...She was 12 years old...There is no consent at that age...

olevetonahill
11/8/2007, 07:53 PM
kaje was green
kaje is Now red
YWIA ;)

soonerboomer93
11/8/2007, 08:02 PM
i remember, once upon a time, we actually had good trolls, who could talk **** with a damn and not just recycle some crap

vic and kaje are worthless at trolling

olevetonahill
11/8/2007, 08:06 PM
i remember, once upon a time, we actually had good trolls, who could talk **** with a damn and not just recycle some crap

vic and kaje are worthless at trolling
Wht are we still having to put up with vic ? :confused:

utex74
11/8/2007, 08:08 PM

They don't play their offense in practice. They play a scout team made up of redshirts and walk ons. Just like every other team does.

Sooner1979
11/8/2007, 08:21 PM
Concerning the Cowchoke vs. KU game this week...I have read where the cowchokes actually think that KU's Defense isnt very good based on their game with Nebish...Well, OSU hasnt played one good game of defense this year...KU advantage...Also, OSU has only played a handful of good games with their offense and KU has generally played 9 solid Offensive games this year...OSU may have a slight advantage in this category, but dont count out KU scoring another 76 points this weekend...OSU (ever so slight of advantage), but I would lean towards KU putting together a good offensive show again...Turnovers...KU advantage hands down...Kansas has played almost every game flawless in this category, and OSU has given up the ball mutltiple times in each of their games including their beating at Troy...

My prediction for this game:

Kansas - 42
OSU - 27 (turnovers decide this game)

utex74
11/8/2007, 08:22 PM
.Also, their fans were throwing water bottles, cups and other objects at the UT players for gathering around their band to sing their school song which they do win or lose at every game, Home or away games..

I was there. The news in OKC implied our players taunted the students by singing the Eyes of Texas in front of the student section. Well, that is where they put our band. On the opposite end of the field from our fans' section. They also started piping in their ear splitting rap music over the stadium speakers when the band started the Eyes so no one could hear it anyway. And the final bit of pettiness, they refused to change the scoreboard from 35-35 to 38-35 after the winning field goal. (not that I care a lot about that last one)

Those people up there are bat **** crazy, but I do think they beat KU.

StoopTroup
11/8/2007, 09:17 PM
I imagine that would be a one sided discussion.
Your cracking me up.

It's not enough for us to have orangepower.com to laugh at but now we have you over here making it even easier for us...

Thanks.

:pop:

sooneron
11/8/2007, 09:19 PM
Your joke of a program makes for good comic relief.

Pure

Gold

Jacie
11/8/2007, 09:19 PM
The Fightin Manginos went to Manhattan, Boulder and College Station and came away with a win every time. They won't lose in Stillwater, either.

goingoneight
11/9/2007, 12:49 AM
Uh, yeah... they actually WON in College Station... AND should have blown aTm out with all their red zone oppurtunities.

OSU... not so much.

Interesting, this is the only team that OSU fans won't be able to say "just wait until basketball season" to with a straight face. :pop:

OSU's whisper quiet environment will take advantage of KU's weakness in their defense. However, if OSU turns it over... look out.

75% of me thinks KU wins it and continues to be the biggest mystery in the nation... the remaining 25% thinks the aggies win another high-scoring game at home just in time for them to whip Baylor and claim they can stay within three TD's in Norman.

rondog79
11/9/2007, 04:05 PM
I was there. The news in OKC implied our players taunted the students by singing the Eyes of Texas in front of the student section. Well, that is where they put our band. On the opposite end of the field from our fans' section. They also started piping in their ear splitting rap music over the stadium speakers when the band started the Eyes so no one could hear it anyway. And the final bit of pettiness, they refused to change the scoreboard from 35-35 to 38-35 after the winning field goal. (not that I care a lot about that last one)

Those people up there are bat **** crazy, but I do think they beat KU.

im actully embarresed but not surprised by the zero state fans dont get me wrong im not a texas fan by ANYMEANS but that was very un called for so from the sooner nation i will apologize.

Dan Thompson
11/9/2007, 09:36 PM
With the running back have a jaw problem and LB out with a legal problem I change my prediction.

KU 38
osu 17