PDA

View Full Version : So Collins pleads guilty to....

TexasLidig8r
11/7/2007, 11:14 AM
aggravated sexual assault.

http://newsok.com/article/3166174/1194443428

I am so very glad Mack pulled his scholarship offer when this initially came to light....

Still can't believe he has been playing for the last few years with this hanging over his head... and from what has been said... perpetrators of sexual assault on children do not fare too well.. in Shawshank.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2007, 11:18 AM
aggravated sexual assault.

http://newsok.com/article/3166174/1194443428

I am so very glad Mack pulled his scholarship offer when this initially came to light....

Yeah thats all he would need is another player in legal problems...

I still dont get what a 12 year old girl is doing at an after prom party in a hotel room...Where are ya mom and dad?

Widescreen
11/7/2007, 11:22 AM
I love this in the comments section of the article:

This is ridiculous people! This should not be about who's programs better or whatever and it's getting out of hand. I'm a huge Oklahoma State fan and I this Chris Collins is a great player but without any hesitation he absolutely MUST go. I don't want OSU to have any more publicity for this than what they are gonna already get. I don't think that you take a chance on a kid that may have been involved in a raping of ANY girl/woman,it's very very wrong. I do question this girl's parents to because I have a little sister and I would kill someone if they done something like this to her,regardless if she was partly to blame. Anyway folks, lets not make this more of a ****** discussion,it's not about sports.And Gundy, you BETTER kick this kid off or you are kaing your own noose. GO POKES!!!!
Why the kid was at OSU in the first place is the real issue. And I'm guessing Gundy won't have to kick the kid off. Pretty difficult to line up at linebacker from his prison cell.

Recommendation to Collins: Don't line up in a 3-point stance. Ever.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah thats all he would need is another player in legal problems...

I still dont get what a 12 year old girl is doing at an after prom party in a hotel room...Where are ya mom and dad?

I was always a little sketchy on the details of this, but 12-year-olds have been known to sneak out. If that had been my daughter I'd want blood. Frankly, I don't know why Gundy signed him. I'm embarrassed about this and I know a lot of my OSU brethren feel the same way. This is worse than blowing leads to Texas.

StoopTroup
11/7/2007, 11:25 AM
Guess Jenni decided to pick on another of Gundy's Players. ;)

Can't imagine his Attorney not trying to get some kind of deal.

His life is in the hands of the jury...

Hope the girl is getting the needed counselling too.

Very sad.

TexasLidig8r
11/7/2007, 11:28 AM
His life is in the hands of the jury...

A conservative, God fearing, uphold the law East Texas jury at that.

Charla
11/7/2007, 11:30 AM
Just going from one ugly orange uniform to another. Maybe he wanted to have sex with a female one last time before he got to OSUx where they only have sex with pigs. Which is understandable after seeing their women, in fact I think there is another thread on here where it shows a couple of their cheerleaders dancing on two legs. Amazing !

fadada1
11/7/2007, 11:30 AM
that could get messy.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2007, 11:34 AM
I was always a little sketchy on the details of this, but 12-year-olds have been known to sneak out. If that had been my daughter I'd want blood. Frankly, I don't know why Gundy signed him. I'm embarrassed about this and I know a lot of my OSU brethren feel the same way. This is worse than blowing leads to Texas.

Your right. Some do sneak out. NYC, I cant help but think mom and/or dad dropped the ball somehow.

Crimsontothecore
11/7/2007, 12:59 PM
I wonder if Gumby will defend his player now? Somewhat ironic that he doesn't think an adult journalist should criticize a player yet he has no problem giving a scholarship to a child rapist. hmmmm.

hOlden caUlfield...
11/7/2007, 01:02 PM
That is embarrassing to their entire university.

KingBarry
11/7/2007, 01:11 PM
Your right. Some do sneak out. NYC, I cant help but think mom and/or dad dropped the ball somehow.

Isn't the "mom and dad" issue irrelevant here? Yeah, they may be awful parents, or not, I have no idea -- but the point at issue is the rape of a 12 year old child. Maybe she lied, and maybe she wanted to, but again the point is that she is a child and therefore cannot make good decisions for herself. That's why older men can't try and seduce her, because society judges that no good (and a lot of bad) can come from that in any circumstance.

The relevency to a football board is that Mike Gundy recruited this guy when no one else would, in the full knowledge that the player would probably be convicted and OSU would be left holding the bag in an EXTREMELY embarassing situation. Even those misguided ags trying to defend Gundy have to accept that their University is now going to get a big slice of unwanted publicity, and that "mothers of children" looking for colleges for their kids are going to demand some answers about why a confessed child rapist was/is on the football team.

I realize that the player (Collins?) might not be a bad guy, and may have just got caught in a bad situation and made a bad decision. Still, at the end of the day, it was a REALLY bad decision and (and it's not even really arguable)he doesn't belong on a major college football team.

The question for the Pokes is "Why did Gundy think he was?"

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 01:13 PM

I've sort of been avoiding articles on this because, frankly, I find the whole thing embarrassing for our school, whatever mitigating factors there may have been. But I think I remember reading that the girl was with a 15-year-old friend. Maybe she was spending the night? Who knows.

But as a father, a father of children, if that happened to my daughter, I'm not sure I'd be level-headed enough to call the police. I'd be loading the guns.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 01:17 PM
I wonder if Gumby will defend his player now? Somewhat ironic that he doesn't think an adult journalist should criticize a player yet he has no problem giving a scholarship to a child rapist. hmmmm.

I got the feeling from Gundy's comments on Collins' departure ("Doesn't matter if he's here or not" or something like that) that Gundy knew Collins wasn't coming back.

Ash
11/7/2007, 01:21 PM
Wow. One of the top threads on the first page and it still gets duped.

usmc-sooner
11/7/2007, 01:22 PM
I've sort of been avoiding articles on this because, frankly, I find the whole thing embarrassing for our school, whatever mitigating factors there may have been. But I think I remember reading that the girl was with a 15-year-old friend. Maybe she was spending the night? Who knows.

But as a father, a father of children, if that happened to my daughter, I'm not sure I'd be level-headed enough to call the police. I'd be loading the guns.

you and me both, and I'd be equally ticked if Stoops had let this happen. Children with bad parents don't deserve to be gang raped. I know that nobody is saying that here but I feel so bad for that little girl. A lot to have thrown at you before you've even become a teenager.

yermom
11/7/2007, 01:31 PM
it's one thing to be dumb and drunk at a party, it's another to be a "sexual predator"

is this a 12 year old that looks 9 or does she look 16-18? he was a senior in HS when this happened, right?

i'd reserve judgement without having that many details.

but for sure, that is a little odd to recruit this guy

Octavian
11/7/2007, 01:51 PM

Burns: She shot me! Arrest that baby!

Chief Wiggum: Are you nuts? There's not a jury in the world that would convict a baby. Well.....maybe Texas.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 02:05 PM
it's one thing to be dumb and drunk at a party, it's another to be a "sexual predator"

is this a 12 year old that looks 9 or does she look 16-18? he was a senior in HS when this happened, right?

i'd reserve judgement without having that many details.

but for sure, that is a little odd to recruit this guy

I suspect there are several mitigating factors. However, I think it was a poor decision to sign the guy, moral issues aside. Second chances are one thing, but this was still on ongoing case that showed every indication of ending badly for the player and the university.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 04:54 PM
Someone on OP just heard that the jury recommended a 5-year, fully probated sentence, indicating the were probably strong mitigating circumstances.

Serious question: if you're the coach, what do you do?

blackbeauty02
11/7/2007, 05:03 PM
Recommendation to Collins: Don't line up in a 3-point stance. Ever.

HA! that is funny right there. I don't care who ya are.

What about 4-point stance?

Charla
11/7/2007, 05:04 PM
I can only hope Jenni doesn't put out any negative press as the kid was only trying to do everything right and seeing as he was under 40 was Collins even a man so really he is only a poor innocent child.

blackbeauty02
11/7/2007, 05:05 PM

EXACTLY..."A Time to Kill: Part 2"

soonerP_A_C
11/7/2007, 05:10 PM
At least he didn't do something REALLY TERRIBLE... Like take money from a car dealer when he was at practice... That would make them the laughing stock of the Big XII for years...

Crimsontothecore
11/7/2007, 05:13 PM
At least he didn't do something REALLY TERRIBLE... Like take money from a car dealer when he was at practice... That would make them the laughing stock of the Big XII for years...
Haven't you heard? according to Orangepower.com when Dusty beat up a guy, THAT was worse than collins raping a child.

JohnnyMack
11/7/2007, 05:13 PM
Someone on OP just heard that the jury recommended a 5-year, fully probated sentence, indicating the were probably strong mitigating circumstances.

Serious question: if you're the coach, what do you do?

Are you serious?

Wow.

I didn't realize the poke fanbase was that desperate to win.

The answer is: tell him not to bother coming back.

stoopified
11/7/2007, 05:38 PM
I love this in the comments section of the article:

Why the kid was at OSU in the first place is the real issue. And I'm guessing Gundy won't have to kick the kid off. Pretty difficult to line up at linebacker from his prison cell.

Recommendation to Collins: Don't line up in a 3-point stance. Ever.Its funny how Gundy had no problem starting a child rapist at LB but he has a problem with reporters who question the character(in Reid's case:courage,leadership).What does Mike have to say to A MOTHER OF CHILDREN who's 12 year-old child is attacked by one of his players?

MamaMia
11/7/2007, 05:51 PM
That poor girl. I hope she can go on with her life. I hate when I hear things like this. Its a sad situation for everyone concerned. :(

cb4ou
11/7/2007, 05:58 PM
Of course Jim Traber is on the SA right now trying to make excuses for Gundy and the University.

What a joke. Al kind of shut him off everytime he tried to make a stupid point.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2007, 06:02 PM
Isn't the "mom and dad" issue irrelevant here?

Yeah...Its irrelevant..doesnt matter:rolleyes:

Sooner24
11/7/2007, 06:10 PM
They said Collins had two choses five years in the pen or continue to play football at OSU. He said 5 years in the pen would be a walk in the park compared to staying in Stillwater another minute.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 06:30 PM
They said Collins had two choses five years in the pen or continue to play football at OSU. He said 5 years in the pen would be a walk in the park compared to staying in Stillwater another minute.

The 5 years was probated, meaning he does no time. That sends a pretty strong message (from a Bowie County, TX jury, no less) that there were strong mitigating factors.

I still say if it was my daughter I'd be loading the RPGs, but I'm not really sure dismissal is warranted. Remember, he was a high school junior when this happened.

I do say, though, we need to keep her away from this girl: http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/8054/sideline-spirit?action=gallery&participant=77

(Yes, that is shameless begging for votes on my part. Help a homegirl out. I would have voted for the OU girl if I'd known it was going on.)

Charla
11/7/2007, 06:33 PM
Now that is good stuff. Maybe if we are Lucky Dusty will come and smash this guys face. And always remember Gundy is but one of a long line of Idiots. At least OSUX is consistant in that area.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2007, 06:35 PM
I do say, though, we need to keep her away from this girl: http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/8054/sideline-spirit?action=gallery&participant=77

(Yes, that is shameless begging for votes on my part. Help a homegirl out. I would have voted for the OU girl if I'd known it was going on.)

Shameless is right!...in

usmc-sooner
11/7/2007, 06:35 PM
The 5 years was probated, meaning he does no time. That sends a pretty strong message (from a Bowie County, TX jury, no less) that there were strong mitigating factors.

I still say if it was my daughter I'd be loading the RPGs, but I'm not really sure dismissal is warranted. Remember, he was a high school junior when this happened.

I voted for her

douxpaysan
11/7/2007, 07:34 PM
This thread sucks a big one...Any you guys on here trying to make a joke out of this situation...well don't. The Aggie on this thread must have learned a new word today, mitigating. Don't be an apologist for Collins, Gundy or anyone else connected with this fiasco....because it will only make you look worse. OSU is a second rate football team or they wouldn't even contemplate playing this guy. It is an embarrassment to the the state and the entire conference.:hot:

hOlden caUlfield...
11/7/2007, 08:01 PM
Yea, that's ridiculous. I can't believe there aren't talks of Gundy being in big trouble for this. I can't even imagine what people would say if this was OU. This guy raped a 12 year old and Gundy let him play. Players should not be allowed to play anyway while court cases are pending. I don't care if they end up being innocent. That is a small price to pay.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the votes. I hear she's a really nice girl. I'm glad to see she's well ahead of the cheerleader from Arkansas State. It would suck to lose to 2 Sun Belt opponents in one season.

I'll add more thoughts on the Collins matter after more of you weigh in. I'm really curious to hear all opinions on this.

JohnnyMack
11/7/2007, 09:05 PM
My opinion is that convicted felons shouldn't be playing college ball.

goingoneight
11/7/2007, 09:15 PM
Didn't Texas just rape their defense a couple of days ago? Eye for an eye! [hairGel]

Sorry... I had to. :D

Who knows what the real story is, but it doesn't look good. I'll say I'm glad it's not one of OUr people.

r5TPsooner
11/7/2007, 09:23 PM
I guess the term jailbait applies.

badger
11/7/2007, 10:06 PM
Let the athletic program without felons cast the first stone...

...OUCH! Dang it, Brigham Young University... ;)

wishbonesooner
11/7/2007, 11:15 PM
You know Poke, I have a bunch of my old buddies that went to OSU. All I've heard for 3 or 4 years is how Stoops let Dusty back on the team after nearly killing a kid, how Stoops had to know about Bomar, how the kid from Norman that got caught stealing gas was doing it with Stoop's blessing, etc. Well now the shoe is on the other foot isn't it?
Mike Gundy is no more moral or upstanding than any other coach. he can't know what 85-100 18 to 22 year old kids are doing 24/7. OSU and Mike Gundy have huge black eye on this deal, and I will almost bet you that Gundy will not have the guts to come out and say he was wrong to sign and eventually play this kid. You want to know what OU fans are going to say about this? Here it is. Your coach is a lying little punk, he's no better human being than he is a football coach, and we all know he sucks at coaching.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 11:45 PM
You know Poke, I have a bunch of my old buddies that went to OSU. All I've heard for 3 or 4 years is how Stoops let Dusty back on the team after nearly killing a kid, how Stoops had to know about Bomar, how the kid from Norman that got caught stealing gas was doing it with Stoop's blessing, etc. Well now the shoe is on the other foot isn't it?
Mike Gundy is no more moral or upstanding than any other coach. he can't know what 85-100 18 to 22 year old kids are doing 24/7. OSU and Mike Gundy have huge black eye on this deal, and I will almost bet you that Gundy will not have the guts to come out and say he was wrong to sign and eventually play this kid. You want to know what OU fans are going to say about this? Here it is. Your coach is a lying little punk, he's no better human being than he is a football coach, and we all know he sucks at coaching.

You didn't hear me talking smack about that. Our fans talking smack about the DD situation is just that -- smack. They're latching on to whatever they can because they'd rather not talk about what happened on the field. It sucks to hear the smack, and I'm not criticizing them for it (that's what fans do), but I hope you get some comfort out knowing that's why they criticize OU for that. I don't expect any sympathy or comfort from this board about this situation. I expect you to talk about it at least until the 24th, longer if we actually win the game.

I, for one, was glad to see DD get another chance. As fans, we become too emotionally invested in the game and forget we are dealing young adults who are still developing mentally. Their bodies are mature but their brains aren't. These are young guys who are under far more scrutiny than I'd care to be under at that age.

I was popped for MIP when I was 19. I'd hate to have to read about that on espn, along with pieces in the local paper questioning my "commitment to the program" or my "focus" or my "lack of regard for the team." College kids do stupid things. That's part of it.

I will return to Collins I sense this thread is nearing an end. All I ask is what you would do, objectively, as a head coach of a college football program. Not as a Sooner or a Cowboy or whatever. Objectively.

Outopia
11/8/2007, 12:25 AM
Crazy as it sounds, I think they let him come back. I do. We need to chant Rapist-Rapist-Rapist and Molester-Molester-Molester and Felon-Felon-Felon when he shows up in Norman. Let's give him a hearty chant. Someone has to mete out a little justice here. Let's give him the personal welcome he so richly deserves.

blackbeauty02
11/8/2007, 12:53 AM
You didn't hear me talking smack about that. Our fans talking smack about the DD situation is just that -- smack. They're latching on to whatever they can because they'd rather not talk about what happened on the field. It sucks to hear the smack, and I'm not criticizing them for it (that's what fans do), but I hope you get some comfort out knowing that's why they criticize OU for that. I don't expect any sympathy or comfort from this board about this situation. I expect you to talk about it at least until the 24th, longer if we actually win the game.

I, for one, was glad to see DD get another chance. As fans, we become too emotionally invested in the game and forget we are dealing young adults who are still developing mentally. Their bodies are mature but their brains aren't. These are young guys who are under far more scrutiny than I'd care to be under at that age.

I was popped for MIP when I was 19. I'd hate to have to read about that on espn, along with pieces in the local paper questioning my "commitment to the program" or my "focus" or my "lack of regard for the team." College kids do stupid things. That's part of it.

I will return to Collins I sense this thread is nearing an end. All I ask is what you would do, objectively, as a head coach of a college football program. Not as a Sooner or a Cowboy or whatever. Objectively.

i wish all pokes had the mentality you have. props to you bro

NYC Poke
11/8/2007, 01:15 AM
Crazy as it sounds, I think they let him come back. I do. We need to chant Rapist-Rapist-Rapist and Molester-Molester-Molester and Felon-Felon-Felon when he shows up in Norman. Let's give him a hearty chant. Someone has to mete out a little justice here. Let's give him the personal welcome he so richly deserves.

In the event he does return, I would expect no less of you. It might be the best thing for him, too. This is something he's going to have to deal with for the rest of his life, whether he plays again or not. People are always going to be thinking it. He might as well hear it chanted by 85,000 people and learn how to overcome that.

hOlden caUlfield...
11/8/2007, 02:10 AM

Are you serious??? Are you crazy? YOU KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM!!!! I wouldn't let this kid work for me in any line of work! You have to recieve punishment for raping a 12 year old.
Objectively. As a father. What would you want done if your rebel 12 year old daughter snuck out and got sexually assaulted by a young man. She is 12. Don't be stupid! F*** football! That is not right! You be objective and take off your orange glasses.

Football aside, we all know this is worse than taking money for doing no work. This more comparable to Michael Vick viciously killing dogs.

Crimsontothecore
11/8/2007, 09:39 AM
All I ask is what you would do, objectively, as a head coach of a college football program. Not as a Sooner or a Cowboy or whatever. Objectively.
I'll answer your question:
I would resign. Why? you ask, several reasons:
1. Wierd hair.
2. Lost to Troy.
3. "Worlds greatest offense"...enough said.
4. Embarrassing post-game tirade without enough balls to discuss when confronted.
5. Giving a scholarship to a child rapist when other schools wouldn't.
6. Coaching a team that gives up 300 yards and 24 points in ONE quarter to the worst Texas team in years.
7. See reason one.

I could give more reasons but I'm trying to be objective.

KingBarry
11/8/2007, 09:53 AM
Are you serious??? Are you crazy? YOU KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM!!!! I wouldn't let this kid work for me in any line of work! You have to recieve punishment for raping a 12 year old.
Objectively. As a father. What would you want done if your rebel 12 year old daughter snuck out and got sexually assaulted by a young man. She is 12. Don't be stupid! F*** football! That is not right! You be objective and take off your orange glasses.

Football aside, we all know this is worse than taking money for doing no work. This more comparable to Michael Vick viciously killing dogs.

The Michael Vick analogy fails in one area. No one has tried to claim that the dogs deserved to be viciously killed because they had bad parents, and no one has tried to claim that the dogs deserved to be viciously killed because they looked "older" or shouldn't have been participating in a dog fight anyway.

Dogs are assumed to be innocent because they are animals and, as such, are really incapable of being held responsible for their own actions.

Humans of course can be responsible for their own actions, so should we partially blame the 12 yr old? If she was a 5 year old, I guess we wouldn't blame her at all, and if she was a 17 yr old, she might take a big share of the blame.

So how much blame goes to a TWELVE YEAR OLD? Even if she lied, or looked old, or was drinking, how much responsibility does she bear? (My answer is "Not much.") And how much responsibility is borne by the people in the room to protect her, rather than to exploit her? (My answer, "Quite a bit.")

My guess is that some people seem to be taking Collins's side because they know something about him -- he's a young guy, doesn't seem to be a completely awful person, has a bright future otherwise, plays football for their team, etc -- and people can and will sympathize with a person.

The girl, on the other hand, is completely anonymous, so it is harder for people to sympathize with her. But try. Even if she is partially to blame, she is still the victim in this, and she still had her childhood taken from her.

Signing him was a remarkably bad decision. Having a convicted child rapist on the team is just beyond the pale. Even if Gundy wants to do it, I can't believe the University would allow it.

JohnnyMack
11/8/2007, 10:20 AM
Question I don't know the answer to. This was consensual sex he had? Obviously he didn't plead guilty to holding a 12 year old girl down and raping her and is going to get probation. Right?

rhombic21
11/8/2007, 10:26 AM
12 years old. If we were talking about a 15 or 16 year old at a HS party, I could maybe see a discussion. But 12? That's pretty bad.

usmc-sooner
11/8/2007, 10:30 AM
Question I don't know the answer to. This was consensual sex he had? Obviously he didn't plead guilty to holding a 12 year old girl down and raping her and is going to get probation. Right?

the court determined that a 12 year old girl could not legally consent to sex. To top it off, he got her drunk then him and 2 other guys raped her.
They should kick him off the team and Gundy deserves anything that gets said, written or done to him.

JohnnyMack
11/8/2007, 10:34 AM
the court determined that a 12 year old girl could not legally consent to sex. To top it off, he got her drunk then him and 2 other guys raped her.
They should kick him off the team and Gundy deserves anything that gets said, written or done to him.

Really? And the jury agreed to probation? They keep talking about mitigating circumstances but haven't elaborated what exactly it is they're talking about. Anyone have any clue as to what these circumstances were?

TexasLidig8r
11/8/2007, 10:42 AM
We will get to see the fiber of Gundy now.

First, you have to take into account the fact that Collins was not found guilty of the offense after a contested trial in which he maintained his innocense. He admitted to the act. And this was after dragging it out as long as possible.

Because of the manner in which statutory rape laws are worded, the fact that the victim was 12 years old at the time of the offense and there was no dispute that sexual conduct occurred, establish the elements of the offense.

Gundy only had to question Collins several years ago, "Chris, was she underage and did you have sex with her?" If he refuses to answer (on the advice of counsel), he doesn't play for my school. If he says "yes," he doesn't play for my school. If he says "no," then that means he lied to me from the very start, and he doesn't play for my school.

Then, it is unclear at this point, but in all likelihood, he will have to register as a sexual offender. As such, the terms of his probation are likely to be much more stringent. The guilty plea is in Texas, is Texas still considered his residence? Will his probation officer be based in Stillwater? Will he be allowed to leave the State of Oklahoma and what hoops will he have to jump through to be allowed to leave the state? (other than notifying the probation office in the jurisdiction he plans to go to and checking in with them upon his arrival)

As a felon, you lose some of the rights and privileges afforded to our society. Should he be afforded a second chance? Yes.. one day.. but, that day is not now and it would hopefully not be on a team that I support.

Widescreen
11/8/2007, 10:42 AM
Anyone have any clue as to what these circumstances were?
<redneck :texan: >She got whut was acomin' to her.</redneck :texan: >

I can't imagine what extenuating circumstances could exist to give this guy probation.

Widescreen
11/8/2007, 10:44 AM
Lid, are you a prosecutor or defense attorney?

usmc-sooner
11/8/2007, 10:46 AM
Really? And the jury agreed to probation? They keep talking about mitigating circumstances but haven't elaborated what exactly it is they're talking about. Anyone have any clue as to what these circumstances were?

I don't know, but it has come out now that she was not a 12 year old that looked 17. The prosecution said she looked 12. I can not for the life of me understand probation.

TexasLidig8r
11/8/2007, 10:51 AM
Lid, are you a prosecutor or defense attorney?

Civil litigation.. mostly corporate defense in federal court.

StanberryWasIn
11/8/2007, 12:01 PM
It's stunning to me that the guy just pled guilty to aggravated sexual assault against a 12 year old and there's even discussion about whether he keeps playing for OSU or not. Kick him off the team!

SoonerMom2
11/8/2007, 12:10 PM
It's stunning to me that the guy just pled guilty to aggravated sexual assault against a 12 year old and there's even discussion about whether he keeps playing for OSU or not. Kick him off the team!

The girl looked 12 but some reports out of TX are saying she was 16. I have no clue but someone should get her real age.

HateTheWhorns
11/8/2007, 12:16 PM
"Collins and his lawyer, Paul Hoover, did not strike a plea deal. Rather, Collins pled guilty to the indictment."

I grew up with a guy named Paul Hoover who has a sister named Lynn who has a married name of Allen and a husband named Robert who is the homer of all OSU homers. Sure it is possible that this is coincidental, but if not, Robert appears to be ambulance chasing for his Bro-in-law. Don't want to belittle Paul because he is a good guy and a bright guy, but it does appear that the dots connect here.

HateTheWhorns
11/8/2007, 12:17 PM
The girl looked 12 but some reports out of TX are saying she was 16. I have no clue but someone should get her real age.

Maybe they're referring to her current age since this happened almost four years ago.

StanberryWasIn
11/8/2007, 12:17 PM

Hasn't been in any of the reports I've read, rather the reverse that affirmatively she was 12 but, disputedly, told Collins she was 16.

To wit:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/osu/stories/110807dnspoosucolling.20bd7c9.html

wishbonesooner
11/8/2007, 12:24 PM
You expect Mike Gundy to man up and talk about this? The same Mike Gundy that said no one will ever lose their job to an injury and then does exactly that? When they finally have to comment publicly, I would expect Mike Holder to do that, or they just release a statement.

Widescreen
11/8/2007, 12:28 PM
Collins testified that the girl had told him she was 16, which the girl has denied.
And that got him probation? Wow.

stoopified
11/8/2007, 12:48 PM

STRONG MITIGATING FACTORS MY A$$.He pleaded guilty to AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT and was convicted of it.I hope on December 10 the judge ignores the jury reccomendation for probation Send this boy to a MAN's prison where he can be treated like a 12 year old girl.

usmc-sooner
11/8/2007, 12:50 PM

there would have been no charges filed if she was 16. He pled guilty to sexually assaulting a 12 year old girl.

Piware
11/8/2007, 12:56 PM
I suspect there are several mitigating factors. However, I think it was a poor decision to sign the guy, moral issues aside. Second chances are one thing, but this was still on ongoing case that showed every indication of ending badly for the player and the university.

Yeah, but had he not been hurt, Gumby would have gotten a couple of seasons out of him at a thin position, then thrown up his hands and said let justice prevail. Whatever the outcome, the Pukes had a much needed defensive star for a while to give them time to recruit to that position. Methinks Mikey gambled on the charges being dropped, a quiet little plea agreement or something of that ilk. He rolled the dice and up popped snake eyes as he didn't include the injury in his plan.

After all, it's football and who ever heard of an injury?!? What a goober.

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2007, 12:57 PM
wow

from orangepower.com (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43824&page=25)

I agree. Nobody ever deserves to be sexually assualted or raped. That being said, people DO put themselves in the position for it to happen. This whole ordeal could have been solved by one simple act...the girl saying NO to sneaking out of the house in the first place. At 12, I certainly knew the difference between right and wrong, and knew without a question of doubt that I shouldn't be sneaking out of my house to go to parties with boys that were 4 or 5 years older than I. I have yet to read where Collins forced the girl out of the house into the car and took her to the party against her will. But yet, that is what many on here make it sound like. Chris Collins was certainly wrong for his part in the whole ordeal, but the girl's actions were certainly not of the purest intentions either. Had she never agreed to sneaking out of the house to attend the party, the entire situation likely would have been avoided.

Widescreen
11/8/2007, 01:04 PM
Chris Collins was certainly wrong for his part in the whole ordeal
At least he admits Collins bears at least a tiny portion of the blame for the sexual assault. Good to see common sense still reigns. :rolleyes:

NYC Poke
11/8/2007, 01:16 PM
STRONG MITIGATING FACTORS MY A$$.He pleaded guilty to AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT and was convicted of it.I hope on December 10 the judge ignores the jury reccomendation for probation Send this boy to a MAN's prison where he can be treated like a 12 year old girl.

The girl's family and the prosecutor say they're satisfied with the outcome. Additionally, the prosecutor said that this was the result he'd anticipated all along. I don't see the judge changing anything.

usmc-sooner
11/8/2007, 01:22 PM
this is from a guy at insider who calls himself sportsproducer
take it for what it's worth.

Earlier in the summer I worked with a producer at a major sports network who was working on the Chris Collins story. You will proabably start seeing packages on this situation very soon now that he has pled guilty. Here is what I know. I'm also sure that James Hale knows about the same including getting a look at this girl's picture.

-This is not a simple case of statutory rape, or a "she said she was 16 deal." AS a matter of fact if she was 16 he would have been charged with rape.
-According to several wittnesses Collins had known this girl for as much as a month.
-In the rape kit there where picture of her shoulder and torso. There where bruises on her shoulders, lower neck and chest
-Looking at her picture you could mistake her to be older than 12, she could pass off being 13 maybe 14 at the oldest. I think James also mentioned this on his radio show yesterday.
-The girl who was with her friend was called and they snuck out of the home after midnight. Both sets of parents had no idea they were out.
-The girl actually got sick at one point becasue she was so sick. She asked to be taken home becasue she felt sick. The guys simply told her to drink some OJ and rest and she would feel better. Shortly after she got sick and then passed out.
-At one point she woke up when the accused was on top of her. She told him that he was hurting her but he kept going.
-She was barley conscious when they dropped her off more than a block from her home.
-Once this broke and Chris Collins lost his scholarship many in Texarkana became angry with the girl and her family. They eventually moved out of town. The DA was very concerned about their safety. The other attorneys in the DA's office wanted to charge all four men with more but the DA knew he would not be able to get a conviction becasue their was no way he could get a jury made up of people who did not sympothise with Collins due to his athletic status. Unfortunately the twon was divided on this issue down racial lines.
-At no time during this night did Chris Collins act like a gentleman, did he tell his friends, "Hey this girl has had too much and she is sick let's get her home." He had sex with this girl after she had passed out. He pled guilty on Tuesday because at least one of th eother guys involved was going to testify against him.

One more thing. Last night I shared this with an attorney who was at my home. This attorney was with the J.A.G. corpe with the Navy. He told me that Collins were in a the Military with this evidence he would be court marshalled and dishonorably discharged. When he said that I thought to myself, wow he could actually be suiting up for OSU next week. I hope Mike Gundy makes the right decision here.

NYC Poke
11/8/2007, 02:26 PM
Okay, I didn't know all of this. That's bad.

I'll crawl off in embarrassment now.

StoopTroup
11/8/2007, 02:32 PM
wow

from orangepower.com (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43824&page=25)
From the oSu pre-law site...

At OSU, the term “prelaw” refers to a student's intention to pursue law school following his or her undergraduate degree, not to any prescribed degree or exact set of courses. Law is a very diverse profession. Lawyers must work with and represent individuals and organizations in every aspect of society: from medical doctors to chemical companies; from people with little education to those of affluent economic backgrounds (if they can't get a good Sooner Attorney); from individuals in personal crises to organizations planning future activities. Because legal careers are so varied, law schools do not recommend any particular major.

Sounds like oSu might be a good place to get your education prior to Law School if you want to be a Defense Attorney.

usmc-sooner
11/8/2007, 02:32 PM
Okay, I didn't know all of this. That's bad.

I'll crawl off in embarrassment now.

you shouldn't be embarrassed, I think you've said all along you don't condone it but there are lot of Pokes trying to make excuses for him. Not because their pokes I'm sure distorted fans of any team would have these sympathizer's. We're putting athletes on pedestals and we are doing it with younger and younger athletes. Our society has sold it's soul for money and popularity.

JohnnyMack
11/8/2007, 02:40 PM
Our society has sold it's soul for money and popularity.

Faustian.

I got to use that in a post last night!

Don't play me in Scrabble, bi-otch.

Widescreen
11/8/2007, 02:48 PM
Faustian.

Yeah, I noticed your repeated usage. That "word of the day" desk calendar seems to be paying off. :D

JohnnyMack
11/8/2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I noticed your repeated usage. That "word of the day" desk calendar seems to be paying off. :D

You wanna throw down some Scrabble tiles punk? I'll take your Edison Engrish Dept. learnin' *** on anytime. :mack:

:D

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2007, 02:52 PM
Faustian.

Nerd.

I got to use that in a post just now.

IB4OU2
11/8/2007, 03:07 PM
from the DMN-

Collins didn't play his senior year at Texarkana Texas High because of the charge. Gundy said he researched the case before offering Collins a scholarship, which came after Texas had rescinded its offer.

Gundy doing research? What a moron...

TexasSooner01
11/8/2007, 03:16 PM
I AM NOT A MORAN!!! I'M A MAN!!!! [hairGel]

JohnnyMack
11/8/2007, 03:25 PM
Nerd.

I got to use that in a post just now.

That's a word.

KingBarry
11/8/2007, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE] He had sex with this girl after she had passed out. [QUOTE]

Ummm, guys, if that's true (first I've heard of it) then it's rape even if she's 35. So the "She looked 16" idea don't wash.

TexasLidig8r
11/8/2007, 03:41 PM
from the DMN-

Collins didn't play his senior year at Texarkana Texas High because of the charge. Gundy said he researched the case before offering Collins a scholarship, which came after Texas had rescinded its offer.

Gundy doing research? What a moron...

So the coach at Texarkana High said, "No No Hasbro.. homie will not be playing on my team"

.. but... Gundy said.. "ah.. what the heck.. just some boys havin some fun.. come on up and play your Whataburger/Construction Cone orange wearin heart out?!"

usmc-sooner
11/8/2007, 04:06 PM
wow another post from orange power, remind me to keep my daughters out of Stillwater.

I met his parents this weekend and they were some of the nicest people I've come across. It is completely believable that he thought the girl was ONE YEAR younger than him and he had sex with her. I refuse to judge him for that when there are guys I went to school with bragging about talking freshmen into doing stuff. That would be 19 year olds and 14 year olds. I believe Chris was led to believe she wasn't 12 and now he has to pay the price for her lies. Say I'm blaming the victim all you want, but innocent victims don't sneak out of the house, get drunk to the point of passing out while lying about their age. Her actions played a huge part in what happened. The way this has shaken out makes me think we could keep him on the team. We gave JamesOn a second chance from drugs (he knew exactly what he was doing was wrong), Chris just used poor judgement with an honest mistake. (I say honest mistake, because I've had girls I thought were 18 talk to me until I found out there were 14. It's real easy to be wrong...especially if they're lying about it too.)

NYC Poke
11/8/2007, 04:18 PM
We're going to rape the Jayhawks this weekend.

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2007, 04:26 PM
:eek:

Outopia
11/8/2007, 04:27 PM
wow another post from orange power, remind me to keep my daughters out of Stillwater.

I met his parents this weekend and they were some of the nicest people I've come across. It is completely believable that he thought the girl was ONE YEAR younger than him and he had sex with her. I refuse to judge him for that when there are guys I went to school with bragging about talking freshmen into doing stuff. That would be 19 year olds and 14 year olds. I believe Chris was led to believe she wasn't 12 and now he has to pay the price for her lies. Say I'm blaming the victim all you want, but innocent victims don't sneak out of the house, get drunk to the point of passing out while lying about their age. Her actions played a huge part in what happened. The way this has shaken out makes me think we could keep him on the team. We gave JamesOn a second chance from drugs (he knew exactly what he was doing was wrong), Chris just used poor judgement with an honest mistake. (I say honest mistake, because I've had girls I thought were 18 talk to me until I found out there were 14. It's real easy to be wrong...especially if they're lying about it too.)

I visit OP, just to read the delusions and have a good laugh. Now, over there, it is like some kind other worldly alternate universe. I hope we never reach that level. I'm sure some might be that way, but we would never have to take that kind of chance.

We have had football players charged with rape before. What happened? They were booted off the team. The one who was found "not guilty" (the running back from Muskogee), didn't even come back.

The people on OP, must think Professional Wrestling is real too. The people who posted comments in the DOK, and they call us trailer trash. Many have no problem with his return. Pathetic.

NYC Poke
11/8/2007, 04:28 PM
:eek:

I didn't mean that seriously, of course. I resignedly acknowledging that these are the sorts of things we're going to be hearing now. From a Jayhawks MB:

"Here's a sign for the game if anyone's going

Even
Stillwater's
Pedophiles Have
Noticed

KU is 9-0!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

EnidHighSooner
11/8/2007, 04:29 PM
Lol, yea. Good luck.

But I will be rooting for the Hawks.

stoopified
11/8/2007, 04:49 PM
We're going to rape the Jayhawks this weekend.
Not likely,they ain't 12 year old girls.