PDA

View Full Version : Girls Exhibition Game 11/6

Echoes
11/7/2007, 01:10 AM
Did anyone else happen to make the exhibition game tonight or see it elsewhere? I know that we were playing a team under our level, but I was very very impressed. Unfortunately, this is my first girls game to go to due mostly to time restraints... I do catch a lot on TV though. I had a blast, the girlfriend loved it too.

Anyways, I think our guards can shoot very well. I liked that they were not hesitant to take the shot. That is not always a good thing, but if they were open you could tell they were totally confident in their abilities, which is a good thing. Courtney and Ashley on the court at the same time is just scary. I really like the role that Ashley plays. It doesn't look like she is trying to show up Courtney or that there is any rivalry at all. It looks to be the total opposite, she has no problem feeding her sister and letting her get the points while she racks up the assists. Anyways, any other thoughts? I sure hope I can make some of the big games this year.. I think we should have a good shot to beat anyone we encounter this year.

tommieharris91
11/7/2007, 01:20 AM
I made it and I thought Amanda Thompson showed me something tonight. I'd like to make as many basketball games this season. It's a 10 minute walk from my apartment to the LNC. I was very impressed.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/7/2007, 01:55 AM
Had to leave 10 minutes into the game. The game play was a lot more crisp tonight than the first exhibition game. If we lose games this season, the other team is gonna have to score about 70-80 points to do it.

BoomerGirl34
11/7/2007, 11:02 AM
I was there! WOO HOO!

A few observations on my part:

1. CP3 is amazing. I think her experience in International play has made her a better player and has opened up her game a bit.

2. Our freshman class is OUTSTANDING. Roethlisberger, Vining, Robinson and even the walk-on, Willis, are solid contributers and will form a great nucleus for the future. Vining's range is sick, sick, sick...and Roethlisberger is Leah Rush with more muscles.

3. Jenna Plumley is the only Sooner that did not score a point last night. Even the walk on his a three. That's not good. Her assist to TO ratio is also not good through the first two xbtn games. It HAS to be better for teams like Maryland and Tenn. or we'll get shellacked.

4. TURNOVERS. They need to quit it. Slow things down and run your sets. TO's were the bane of their existence last year, and they're still doing it. We can't give easy points with the killer sched. we have.

All-in-all, it shapes up like it's gonna be anohter stellar season.