PDA

View Full Version : Gunning for Gundy-- Rhode video from the Oklahoman

guzziguy
11/6/2007, 11:06 PM
http://www.newsok.com/video/brightcove/?bctid=1293598981&bclid=1111621425

Let the games begin.

Well he did say, "Come after me, I'm a man. I'm 40."

Would this guy be the "garbage" previously spoken of?

Breadburner
11/6/2007, 11:12 PM
**** on the media......

birddog
11/6/2007, 11:16 PM
rhode looks way old. i think they're still using the photo in the paper from his rookie year.

Ash
11/6/2007, 11:44 PM
That's hilarious. I hate to say it, but Rhode is spot on.

Wonder if Gumby has the cojones to scream him down in front of the cameras?

:pop:

goingoneight
11/6/2007, 11:56 PM
I have to say... that takes ballz. Now you're going to lose about five subscriptions from the OSU faithful.

SoonerBacker
11/7/2007, 12:09 AM
"...come from ahead loss..." THAT was a classic line. :D

Ardmore_Sooner
11/7/2007, 12:33 AM
Orangepower.com to erupt in 5....4....3....2....1....

birddog
11/7/2007, 12:53 AM
....and here it is.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?p=403078&posted=1#post403078

A Sooner in Texas
11/7/2007, 01:09 AM
From orangepower.com:
BTW, you would NEVER see an attack by a local hack like this on Bob Stoops, NEVER. The reporter would be run out of town on a rail.

That's because Stoops would never act like such an idiot.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/7/2007, 01:39 AM
I love that, no matter the thread or situation, it always comes back to OU. Can you say "penis envy"?

Doged
11/7/2007, 01:53 AM
I like to go over to orangepower.com once in a while and get a good laugh or two at their expense, but I have to say it's really not that funny anymore. The worse the season gets for them, the more pathetic and vitriolic the fan posts become.

I understand frustration. Like many here I was a Sooner fan in the post-Switzer era. Never once did I blame OU's struggles on the media or another school, though, and that's pretty much all you read from them right now. It's either OU's fault or it's the DO's fault.

They keep saying over and over that "95%" of college football fans supported Gumby's tirade. I'm not sure where they got that idea, but I think the reality is far far away from that number. My own experience among my friends (fans of various schools around the country) is a couple that thought it was great, a couple that thought it was about the worst thing a college coach could do and a large majority that thought it was mildly pathetic but a great source of one-liners to keep the conversation light.

Those guys really need to just settle down, support their team and enjoy being sports fans for a change. Maybe they'll have a good team sometime in the future, who knows? I kind of doubt it, but I never expected Kansas to be any good, either.

Okay, this post is way longer than it started out to be, but honestly I kind of feel bad for the Poke fans at this point. They bought into the administration's hype and now they're just flailing around lashing out at every little thing. It's really become sad and there's little hope of things improving for them this year. A miracle win over us or Kansas would go a long way for them, I'm sure, but even that's just praying for a moral victory now.

A Sooner in Texas
11/7/2007, 01:55 AM
As quoted in another thread here....

"Anita Dick."

:D

[hairGel]

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 02:11 AM
I like to go over to orangepower.com once in a while and get a good laugh or two at their expense, but I have to say it's really not that funny anymore. The worse the season gets for them, the more pathetic and vitriolic the fan posts become.

I understand frustration. Like many here I was a Sooner fan in the post-Switzer era. Never once did I blame OU's struggles on the media or another school, though, and that's pretty much all you read from them right now. It's either OU's fault or it's the DO's fault.

They keep saying over and over that "95%" of college football fans supported Gumby's tirade. I'm not sure where they got that idea, but I think the reality is far far away from that number.

Stoops supported what Gundy did, as did most college coaches.

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 02:18 AM
Maybe so, but he probably secretly laughed at the outburst despite agreeing with some of the sentiment.

If college players are old and wise enough to make moral decisions about breaking NCAA rules and then pay the consequences then they are old enough to catch some heat from the media.

As for Gumby, good to see someone slamming him.

SoonerEmpire
11/7/2007, 02:18 AM

Stoops may have publicly supported what Gundy did, but I would be willing to bet that in private, Stoops probably thought the way that Gundy went about it was completely childish! Go figure, a childish presentation by a coach that's giving a lecture to the world about picking on "children!" :rolleyes:

Piware
11/7/2007, 02:33 AM
That's hilarious. I hate to say it, but Rhode is spot on.

Wonder if Gumby has the cojones to scream him down in front of the cameras?

:pop:
No way! He'' just go puke cuz Rohde is a MAN.

Piware
11/7/2007, 02:39 AM

Keep in mind that Stoops has another Gundy who works for him so what else could he do. Cale, who was a prima donna jerk in college, has had the advantage of working for a top tier program and training on how to deal with the media. Clearly, Mike didn't have that.

I'm betting that privately Stoops had a good laugh but is too classy to say so in public.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 02:49 AM
I have tried to incorporate the word "bedowngraded" into my vernacular. Now I just need to wait for the situation to arise to use it.

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 02:53 AM
Hell, I bet Cale laughed about it too!

SoonerKnight
11/7/2007, 03:06 AM
What about a bunch of whiney retards! I mean OSU all they do is whine about being left out because their football team has consitantly sucked and then they whine because OU does not suck! I mean all the money in the world is not going to help their players become more athletically inclined. Let's see them build a Heisman park that would be lonely wouldn't it! :D

SoonerKnight
11/7/2007, 03:10 AM
OSU sucks has always sucked and WILL always suck! Why to those retards actually believe that they won't suck. Their coach is as lame as you can be. He needs to focus his team on football and instead he's got the national media making jokes about him and his team what an idiot. I mean they had that saxet team hurtin. What does he do? He piszes the lead away. They don't even get a score after half time. What his speech must be like. "Okay they are scared let's just wait until it's over."

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 03:18 AM
He doesn't make a speech..he re-spikes his hair!

guzziguy
11/7/2007, 09:54 AM
They don't even get a score after half time.

Scored 1 TD in the second half. Saved the Booner $5 Grand.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2007, 10:12 AM
wow...funny stuff

sooner518
11/7/2007, 10:17 AM
It's us against the rest of Oklahoma, always has been, always will be. Oklahoma State getting the big bucks and lots of national media attention has made them uncomfortable as they can't believe that we have actually come as far as we already have. Comments from this a-hole like "their 35,000 fans" clearly should **** us off. After all there are more of us in EVERY county in the state than there are of them (ou alumni). We have FAR more than 35,000 fans, we just only have 40,000 football game attending fans on most football Saturdays. That figure is about to jump. It will happen NEXT year.

Oh geez, next year theyll have 41,000 fans at the stadium. We should be quivering in fear of the apocalypse coming NEXT year!![hairGel]

Ash
11/7/2007, 10:29 AM
Pokes hatred of the Jokelahoman and their conspiracy theory is ironic to me. I get the morning edition everyday, and for every 500 word blurb about OU, there's a full page exclusive on OSU's sucky *** football team with color pictures.

There's always more room dedicated to OSU basketball as well.

Anyway, guess they need something to feed the inferiority complex.

TUSooner
11/7/2007, 10:38 AM
Gundy had that coming, and Rohde delivered it well.

badger
11/7/2007, 10:57 AM
lol @ rohde
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7910/rohdesv4.jpg
I think he barely moved the entire monologue.

badger
11/7/2007, 11:07 AM
I am a Sooner fan, and I think it's wonderful that you think Gundy doesn't deserve "accolades" for the meltdowns versus Texas A&M and Texas. Had you kept your 17-point and 21-point leads, you would have a real reason to brag. Alas, you are once again second fiddle to the Sooners.

Oh... and you don't sell out your stadium, whether you're ranked or not.

Oh... and your ticket prices went up again while I was typing this.

In conclusion, if you're going to bash OU, why not bash OU where we can respond... you know, like a SOONER message board! I know it's difficult to go outside your safe haven, but hey, I just did!

Now... I really hope you guys beat everyone except Kansas and us, so good luck the rest of the season. You've earned your bowl, kudos. You're earned the respect of the conference, further kudos. However, if you except respect from the national media, lose the orange. It hurts the eyes and, dare I say... "It makes me wanna puke???"
how soon till "badger2" is banned? :D:D:D

SoonerStormchaser
11/7/2007, 11:08 AM
JEEZ Badger...no need to antagonize them. Of course, you know you'll prolly be permabanned from that site.

Ash
11/7/2007, 11:17 AM
how soon till "badger2" is banned? :D:D:D

I can't believe you encouraged them to come over here and troll up teh boards!!!! :mad:

;)

badger
11/7/2007, 11:18 AM
I am personally a fan of Bobby Reid. By golly, he really still will be the next Vince Young if he keeps his heart in it. So, he's had a few setbacks. He's still stayed on the team and stayed strong. GO BOBBY! :D
Little badger2's days are numbered, methinks :D

SoonerStormchaser
11/7/2007, 11:20 AM
Gundy truly is pathetic...and Aggy is pathetic for thinking they'll come here in a few weeks and stomp a mudhole on us. If I were them, I'd start worrying about their D...and buying tickets for Shreveport.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/7/2007, 11:22 AM
Looked to me like Rhode needed to read through his script a few more times. Practice, practice, practice! What a blow hard. That's why he isn't real tv guy.

Carleson wrote a stupid article. Gundy went nuts, but I don't blame him. His job sucks. I'd hate to coach in OU's shadow. OSU is supposed to suck. He's got an impossible job. Rhode sucks, but I guess he's supposed to too.

I really don't like poke fans, but that offended me and I am a Sooner! Seriously, that video was crap. Not only was it written venomously, but it was poorly written and it was executed even worse.

That's f'ing sad.

Mixer!
11/7/2007, 11:23 AM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7910/rohdesv4.jpg

Weird, it's almost as if Gumby is pointing to Rhode and telling those guys "can you believe his hair's almost as bad as mine?" ;)

Mixer!
11/7/2007, 11:25 AM
Looked to me like Rhode needed to read through his script a few more times. Practice, practice, practice! What a blow hard. That's why he isn't real tv guy.

Carleson wrote a stupid article. Gundy went nuts, but I don't blame him. His job sucks. I'd hate to coach in OU's shadow. OSU is supposed to suck. He's got an impossible job. Rhode sucks, but I guess he's supposed to too.

I really don't like poke fans, but that offended me and I am a Sooner! Seriously, that video was crap. Not only was it written venomously, but it was poorly written and it was executed even worse.

That's f'ing sad.
But does it MAKE YOU WANNA PUKE? [hairGel]

The_Red_Patriot
11/7/2007, 11:31 AM
John Rhode--Just another crap writer from one of the worst publications in the country. This guy sounds so full of himself on the radio and then when I see this I just laugh. It looks as if he is about to throw up the whole time.

kevpks
11/7/2007, 11:32 AM
Gundy truly is pathetic...and Aggy is pathetic for thinking they'll come here in a few weeks and stomp a mudhole on us. If I were them, I'd start worrying about their D...and buying tickets for Shreveport.

Shreveport might be a reach at this point. If A&M and OSU are both 6-6 (which seems likely) the Aggies will probably get the nod. They will also actually buy the tickets instead of waiting to get them for free.

Animal Mother
11/7/2007, 11:54 AM
If you at times think you’re delusional, just go to orangepower.com and see what really defines delusional. OSU fans should get a prescription for Zoloft or maybe Thorazine or something. Maybe that is how they’ll increase the number of fans next year. They’ll count each ticket holder’s multiple personalities.

KingBarry
11/7/2007, 12:27 PM
We have FAR more than 35,000 fans, we just only have 40,000 football game attending fans on most football Saturdays. That figure is about to jump. It will happen NEXT year.

Oh geez, next year theyll have 41,000 fans at the stadium. We should be quivering in fear of the apocalypse coming NEXT year!![hairGel]

Yeah, average attendance will be up next year. They always sell out when OU comes to Stillwater.

NYC Poke
11/7/2007, 12:41 PM
Little badger2's days are numbered, methinks :D

They don't ban for that over there. They just limit them to posting on the ******/Flame board to keep all threads from becoming flame wars.

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 01:14 PM
It's us against the rest of Oklahoma, always has been, always will be. Oklahoma State getting the big bucks and lots of national media attention has made them uncomfortable as they can't believe that we have actually come as far as we already have.

:rolleyes:

After all there are more of us in EVERY county in the state than there are of them (ou alumni).

Doesn't this contradict "It's us against the rest of Oklahoma"? Idiot. And let's think about why there are more oSu alumni than OU alumni in state (if that's true). Could it be because an oSu degree means less to out-of-state employers?

We have FAR more than 35,000 fans, we just only have 40,000 football game attending fans on most football Saturdays. That figure is about to jump. It will happen NEXT year.

And we have far more than 85,000 football fans. Alas, our attendance won't be going anywhere next year...because we already fill the stadium every game, not just once every other year (with help from the opposing fans).

Aggy, aggy, aggy.

CtheB
11/7/2007, 01:27 PM
To answer one of the original questions...yes, I still think Rohde is a tool.

MamaMia
11/7/2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by housedivided
I think it's odd how much the OSU fans absolutely HATE The Oklahoman and the Gaylord family, yet OSU runs a half page ad in that newspaper every Tuesday touting The STATE'S University. With The Oklahoman having among the highest advertising rates in the nation, OSU is probably easily spending $100,000 plus with the Gaylords on an annual basis, maybe more. Guess it's helping to fund the $19 million addition onto Gaylord Hall on the OU campus. Talk about the irony.....

Originally Posted by bleedaggie(moderator) in response:
You're right. And I'd hope that my donations don't fund that ad in any way. That would be a great question for one of you who is in the know... where does that advertising money come from????????

:D The answer is blowing in the wind...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/TOSUBoner.jpg

birddog
11/7/2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43678

it never gets old. maybe it does, what do i know?

stoopified
11/7/2007, 05:18 PM
:rolleyes:

Doesn't this contradict "It's us against the rest of Oklahoma"? Idiot. And let's think about why there are more oSu alumni than OU alumni in state (if that's true). Could it be because an oSu degree means less to out-of-state employers?

And we have far more than 85,000 football fans. Alas, our attendance won't be going anywhere next year...because we already fill the stadium every game, not just once every other year (with help from the opposing fans).

Aggy, aggy, aggy.Ya beat me to it and raised all the points I had.You did however forget to mention that when oSu fans can't argue facts,they make sh!t up.Like the there are more ags in every county than Sooners.My favorite ag myth is all OUr fans are alimni,and OU's fans are 75% Wal Mart alumni.Every time I hear that one I laugh.

mdklatt
11/7/2007, 05:48 PM
Like the there are more ags in every county than Sooners.

I don't doubt that there are more agroids in every county where tractor maintenance is a major industry, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that East Stillwater aka Tulsa is more orange. But even if all that is true, so what? That just means that oSu alumni don't/can't get out of state jobs.

Is that the rationale behind the "State's University" crap? Or am I being ridiculous in thinking that they have a rationale?

Stoop Dawg
11/7/2007, 06:20 PM
John Rhode is a complete tool. I can't believe that his crap passes for journalism. I guess that's the sad state of affairs at the Daily Disappointment. How that guy considers himself a "professional" is beyond me. He doesn't possess even one iota of class. Not that I've seen.

Gundy certainly deserves the criticism for his team's poor performance. I don't watch OSU football, has Gundy tried to deflect it? All I saw in that video was a guy with the maturity of a 3rd grader pouncing on an opportunity to "stick it" to the guy who ****ed in his Post Toasties.

C'mon Rhode, find some class, take the high road, and put out some informative journalism. Criticize Gundy all you want, but why bring up the rant? Do you think that was clever? Do you think we're all impressed with how you turned a phrase? Newsflash moron: It wasn't just Gundy's rant that made the nation laugh, it was the whole surreal, immature, video-making aftermath that made people shake their heads in disbelief. You, John Rhode, are part of the embarrasment. The sad thing is, you don't even know it.

soonersnow
11/7/2007, 06:58 PM
Agree 100 percent woth Rohde. Gundy asked for it, and now he has to live with it.

badger
11/7/2007, 07:37 PM
They don't ban for that over there. They just limit them to posting on the ******/Flame board to keep all threads from becoming flame wars.
darn, but I'm sure trying! I even posted several screen captures of Jenni Carlson to scream the orange right outta their little foam hats :D

badger
11/7/2007, 07:55 PM
darn, but I'm sure trying! I even posted several screen captures of Jenni Carlson to scream the orange right outta their little foam hats :D
I got found out and I promised to knock it off. We have to remember that even though they wear an extremely bright shade of :eek: that they are still Oklahomans and dang it, they can wrestle!:D

SoonerObsession
11/7/2007, 09:33 PM
I have become as much of a hater of OSU as I am of Texas. I get so sick of their whiny tirades about the media loving OU and that OU is a cheating school. Everything about them strikes a nerve in me. The waving wheat, ugly colors, and crybaby fan base to name a few. I loved it when Texas came back to beat them last Saturday. It's the Aggy way of life... to always seem they are getting better only to show that they are the same old bad defensive team as always. Listen to their fans at any sporting event. They whine about every call against them. My best friend is a Cowboy fan and he can admit that most of their fans are so delusional.

Stitch Face
11/7/2007, 10:01 PM
Oklahoma State getting the big bucks and lots of national media attention has made them uncomfortable as they can't believe that we have actually come as far as we already have.

OSU was founded in 1890. I can think of at least one school that's accomplished quite a bit more since then.

stoopified
11/8/2007, 12:09 PM
OSU was founded in 1890. I can think of at least one school that's accomplished quite a bit more since then.Obviously you DON"T understand 48>16.That of course is their claim to fame they have 48 national titles (of course only 3 are in major sports:the'45-'46 Basketball titles and the '59 baseball title).I personally think their math is off a little on OUr titles though.I could csare less about sports other than football,baseball and basketbal but with 7NCs in football,7NCs in rasslin(so I have been told),a golf title, and several men and womens gymnastics titles(no idea on number)I'm thinking we are above 16.The biggest thing is osu would give all 35 or so rasslin titles for just ONE football title.

cheezyq
11/8/2007, 12:50 PM
Obviously you DON"T understand 48>16.That of course is their claim to fame they have 48 national titles (of course only 3 are in major sports:the'45-'46 Basketball titles and the '59 baseball title).I personally think their math is off a little on OUr titles though.I could csare less about sports other than football,baseball and basketbal but with 7NCs in football,7NCs in rasslin(so I have been told),a golf title, and several men and womens gymnastics titles(no idea on number)I'm thinking we are above 16.The biggest thing is osu would give all 35 or so rasslin titles for just ONE football title.

The way that the majority of the world sees it:

1 college football title >>>> 34 rasslin' titles, 10 golf titles, and 1 cross country title.

The way aggie sees it:

We're gonna be allsum NEXT year and OU's just nervous cuz they know we're gonna pass 'em with our allsum facilities. We're gonna git all the recruits and those gooners is gonna be skeered.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Piware
11/8/2007, 12:51 PM
Mikey, you got some esplainin' to do - and why is that grease on your head?!?

[/SIZE] http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/TOSUBoner.jpg[/QUOTE]

TopDaugIn2000
11/8/2007, 01:50 PM
poke fans are so delusional

TopDawg
11/8/2007, 01:55 PM
Did they take down the video?

KaiserSooner
11/8/2007, 04:50 PM
Did they take down the video?

Where the hell is the damn video?

mdklatt
11/8/2007, 06:43 PM
7NCs in football,7NCs in rasslin(so I have been told),a golf title, and several men and womens gymnastics titles(no idea on number)

We have some baseball and softball championships, too. :)