11/6/2007, 09:22 PM
Peterson was still with the sooners?

Soonerus
11/6/2007, 09:24 PM
We would not have lost at Colorado....

SeattleOUstudent
11/6/2007, 09:33 PM

DeMarco OR Sam wouldnt be on the Heisman watch list next year :)

Soonerus
11/6/2007, 09:35 PM
DeMarco OR Sam wouldnt be on the Heisman watch list next year :)

DeMarco is on a Heisman watch list...which one...OU Insider...

insuranceman_22
11/6/2007, 09:42 PM
They may have already presented the Heisman and Sam Bradford wouldn't be anywhere close statistically to where he is now. OU would be undefeated and probably sitting at a commanding #1 BCS ranking. Peterson was a crutch for Wilson (until the injury bug came). We went into the season with the best offensive player in the country (if AD had stayed) and he would've proven why, especially with the line this year and with a QB that can accurately pass (no disprespect to ENA, but he had difficulty hitting a receiver). AD was a beast in college and the same in the NFL. We've had talent before and we'll have it again, but I honestly don't remember anyone quite like AD. Dupree comes to mind, but he simply didn't have the heart or guts AD has. Nobody in the 90's was like him, Sims in the 70's was also the real deal. You fella's who've been around longer than me know a few more, I've seen the threads on here about our RB's, but for my money AD was the best since Sims, maybe even better......that's a tough call.

EnidHighSooner
11/6/2007, 09:42 PM
I would be in love still :]

C&CDean
11/6/2007, 09:43 PM
What if my sister had a weenis?

MNsooner
11/6/2007, 09:45 PM
She would be your brother

SoonerKnight
11/6/2007, 09:49 PM
She would be your brother

OR?

TUSooner
11/6/2007, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't have just watched the replay of his 296 yards vs SD on the NFL Replay. I certainly did enjoy hearing Dan Dierdorf (and others) gush with praise of AD's awesome skill and determination

Will
11/6/2007, 09:53 PM
the brain can be used for intelligent statements if utilized porperly

Sooner02
11/6/2007, 09:56 PM
I know we'd want him to still be here for the team. But he has to be productive in his own life while he still has the physical capacity. I'm very happy for him, and think he could be one of the best running backs ever. As a Sooner that makes me just as proud.

jwlynn64
11/6/2007, 09:59 PM

Unless you looked, how do you know she doesn't! :eek:

C&CDean
11/6/2007, 10:07 PM

Really? Then why was this thread started?

OklahomaTuba
11/6/2007, 10:21 PM
His wallet would be a lot less fat.

Curly Bill
11/6/2007, 10:46 PM
We'd be so one-dimensional it wouldn't even be funny. Teams would put all 11
of their defenders in the box to stop AD and still Kevin Wilson would have him slam it up into the LOS about 30 times a game.

Soonerus
11/6/2007, 10:47 PM
no way...

TripleOption14
11/6/2007, 10:50 PM
OU would have been that same one dimensional I-formation team that used AD as a crutch sometimes. I love watching AD tote the rock but let's be honest; him living forced KW to start being a little more creative on offense. Also, him living has made everyone else a lot more accountable in crunch time. No longer can everyone just piggy back AD to the finishline; other people have stepped up in the crunch time. Examples, MK, Murray, Igelias etc.

Will
11/6/2007, 10:55 PM
Really? Then why was this thread started?

it would be called a hypothetical question if it could not be figured out analytically.

Sco
11/7/2007, 01:21 AM
The Minnesota Vikings would currently be 0-8.

birddog
11/7/2007, 01:30 AM
WORST THREAD EVAR!

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9302/comicguypointlt7.gif (http://imageshack.us)

KC//CRIMSON
11/7/2007, 01:31 AM

It can also be used for spelling correctly.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/7/2007, 01:48 AM
If he was still with OU the Vikings would have a big fat 0 in their win column

Soonerfan1993
11/7/2007, 01:52 AM

Please don't play that game because right now we would be #1 instead of #5.

We still have a chance of accomplishing our goals of #8 anyway.

SoonerEmpire
11/7/2007, 02:23 AM
If Peterson stayed for his senior year, OU wouldn't have lost to CU. We would be #1 and in the driver's seat to the NC game. Peterson would, without a doubt, be the next Heisman winner, and he would then have the opportunity to fulfill his mission of finally winning an NC during his college career... not just merely PLAYING for one...

AlbqSooner
11/7/2007, 06:57 AM
AD would have no shot at NFL rookie of the year.

SteelClip49
11/7/2007, 09:33 AM
the offense was solely based around him and he was not a team player. Everyone has a role this year and despite the loss to CU, this team is still in the title hunt.

sooneron
11/7/2007, 09:55 AM
OU would have been that same one dimensional I-formation team that used AD as a crutch sometimes. I love watching AD tote the rock but let's be honest; him living forced KW to start being a little more creative on offense. Also, him living has made everyone else a lot more accountable in crunch time. No longer can everyone just piggy back AD to the finishline; other people have stepped up in the crunch time. Examples, MK, Murray, Igelias etc.
Did AD die or something?:eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2007, 10:06 AM
Q wasnt pulled out of redshirt? Rhett and JD went to work? Jason White never got hurt? We hired Franchione? D-o-g spelled cat?

OUmillenium
11/7/2007, 10:12 AM
We'd be so one-dimensional it wouldn't even be funny. Teams would put all 11
of their defenders in the box to stop AD and still Kevin Wilson would have him slam it up into the LOS about 30 times a game.

Yep

Curly Bill
11/7/2007, 12:03 PM
the offense was solely based around him and he was not a team player. Everyone has a role this year and despite the loss to CU, this team is still in the title hunt.

AD was not a team player? Surely you jest. It wasn't his fault that the offense was built around him, and yeah almost exclusively him, that would be the fault of the Sooner staff.

Of course the offense should have been built around him, just not to quite the extent it was where we ran him over and over irrespective of what the defense was giving us.

MamaMia
11/7/2007, 12:33 PM
We would not have lost at Colorado....Maybe; however we did lose games with him on the field. Don't get me wrong, I love AD, but our team did just fine without him. I think we were too predictable with him. We didn't mix it up enough. It was AD up the middle all day long.

suicide post. :P

Curly Bill
11/7/2007, 03:02 PM
Maybe; however we did lose games with him on the field. Don't get me wrong, I love AD, but our team did just fine without him. I think we were too predictable with him. We didn't mix it up enough. It was AD up the middle all day long.

suicide post. :P

Suicide...I bet not. I think most peeps on here, at least most thinking peeps recognize that AD, great player that he was, was often overdepended on to the detriment of the team. As you say: we were too predictable with him.

Breadburner
11/7/2007, 03:18 PM
What does CitySooner have to say about this......

RedstickSooner
11/7/2007, 07:16 PM
If he was still here this year, then we'd have a coach who put his own job ahead of the kids that played for him. A coach like Pete Carrol, or Les Smiles, or Mac Brown.

In almost every case, if one of our juniors has been ready for the NFL, and bound for high first-round, they have left (during Stoops' tenure). That tells me that he gives them honest advice -- and advises them what's in their best interest.

That defensive tackle at LSU this year never should've stayed. I realize that top-tier players can get insurance which allows them to stay, but that whole deal seems shady to me -- even if the NCAA sanctions it. (The way they can take out loans to pay for the insurance, with the insurance and their own talent as collateral for the loans, or however precisely that all works).

If a player's destiny is the NFL, particularly at running back, he should probably go ahead and go. Every analyst says you only have "so many downs" in you... How many thousands of dollars per snap do you suppose AD was spending when he played for us, in terms of his lifetime capacity?

Obviously, he didn't begrudge us a single one -- and he threw his body at the field with reckless abandon. So, now that he has cashed in, and proceeded to prove that he's precisely what I (and a lot of other Sooners) believed he is: A once in a lifetime back, I feel immensely proud as well as validated in my beliefs.

Dude is gonna be first-ballot HOF, if he doesn't develop a nagging injury. Thank goodness he "fell" to a team with a decent line, too. (Although the Raiders, who should've taken him with their first pick, rather than going for Jamarcus "I'll hold out as long as I damned well please, even once it's obvious what kind of contract I'm gonna get" Russel, seem to be able to open up a few holes for a runner)

En_Fuego
11/7/2007, 07:23 PM
He would be hurt again

jkjsooner
11/8/2007, 11:17 PM

Good: We would probably be undefeated. Peterson would have worn the CU defense out and we would have run out the clock behind him.

Bad: We would rely very heavily on Peterson. We would not know the potential of Bradford as the coaching staff would rather the All American senior win games for us. We would look a lot like we did under Hybl - lots of short screen passes, etc.

Frankly, I wouldn't blame the coaches either. We threw Bradford to the dogs out of necessity. While we have a good defense and a good running game, the coaches know we don't have the 2001 defense nor do we have the 2006 running game. Unlike those years, for us to win we have to make plays at the QB position so that made it easier to cut Bradford loose.

Despite being ranked #1, the national media would be wondering if OU has enough at QB to win it all.

That's my take.... Not saying I'm right but that is my guess...