PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather play Ohio State

sooner-n-ga
11/6/2007, 08:33 PM
than Oregon or LSU if we got to play for the NC. The Ducks and Tigers have the talent to match our Sooners, the Buckeyes don't. I'm a realist when it comes to opponents and I don't think we can beat every team in college football like a number here seem to think. I remember the Boise State, LSU games and I don't think they were flukes, I think we were out played. I do think we got ducked in Eugene last year.

I think the Colorado game will do us in this year and we will be #3 watching LSU and Oregon playing for it all. We will be playing USC or BC in the Orange or Fiesta, but to do that we might have to beat Missouri again and according to Bob we were lucky the first time.

I know it sounds negative, but I'm just keeping it real and not fooling myself !

StormySooner-IN
11/6/2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I think if we played UO or LSU we would win just because of OUr history.... ;)

But playing tO$U would be fun because I was born in in Cleveland and all my relatives out there are Bucknut (no olevet...NO) Fans.

But, seriously, one game at a time....lets just beat Bye....I mean Baylor....first. :)

sooner59
11/6/2007, 08:50 PM
Of course Bob is going to say that. Why would he say we are just better than Missouri? Why would he even let his players think that they are better than Missouri more than they already do? They already beat Mizzou, Bob doesn't need to say that. What if we end up playing them again? Bob wants everyone to think we got lucky and we will have to bring our "A" game to beat them again. And he's right to do that. That being said, I believe we can beat them again........70/30 chance. But we will definitely need to bring out "A" game. Hopefully we play Kansas though for BCS reasons. And I agree with you, I would rather play Ohio State as well. And I still say if Oregon has 1 or 2 shaky games and we win out impressively, including an extra championship games against Kansas/Missouri, we could hop Oregon.

olevetonahill
11/6/2007, 08:54 PM
I want US to play the Highest Rated and Best team we can . Win or lose .:cool:

Will
11/6/2007, 09:40 PM
than Oregon or LSU if we got to play for the NC. The Ducks and Tigers have the talent to match our Sooners, the Buckeyes don't. I'm a realist when it comes to opponents and I don't think we can beat every team in college football like a number here seem to think. I remember the Boise State, LSU games and I don't think they were flukes, I think we were out played. I do think we got ducked in Eugene last year.

I think the Colorado game will do us in this year and we will be #3 watching LSU and Oregon playing for it all. We will be playing USC or BC in the Orange or Fiesta, but to do that we might have to beat Missouri again and according to Bob we were lucky the first time.

I know it sounds negative, but I'm just keeping it real and not fooling myself !

We will beat Missouri with ball security.

Soonerus
11/6/2007, 09:41 PM
Will da Mon...

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 03:12 AM
I'd rather play tOSU as far as an easier game, but I'd prefer revenge on the Sucks or Lucky Lesters in that order.

Buckeye Fan
11/7/2007, 03:46 AM
As for the Buckeye view:

LSU-Tressel crushed Miles in the '04 Alamo Bowl, but LSU is just so crazy that anything could happen in the NC game. They gave up a lot of points to Alabama, but the Tide gained only about 250 yards.

Ducks-Their defense is questionable at best, but I would hate to get into a 55-48 shootout with them if our defense can't figure out their spread offense.

Sooners-I think we play similar to you all. An efficient QB, solid receivers and a decent defense.

SoonerEmpire
11/7/2007, 03:51 AM
I think I would rather OU play LoSUr or Oregon simply for payback reasons. Although, an OU/Ohio State match-up would be awesome! Both schools having great winning traditions, tons of pride, and I think - for the most part - the fanbases of both schools respect each other. Not to mention the coaching match-up between Stoops and Tressel would be fascinating!

StoopTroup
11/7/2007, 06:27 AM
The Kick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjD8QWlKtU)

MextheBulldog
11/7/2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, gimme tOSU or Oregon. Playing lsu and lester in New Orleans just smacks of having to play Miami in the Orange Bowl/MNC game.

But tOSU will lose. Michigan gonna rise up and defeat the ghost of Appy State.