PDA

View Full Version : If Kansas went undefeated...

MiccoMacey
11/6/2007, 02:42 PM
...do you think they'd play in the MNC?

If tOSU loses, it's a moot point, but let's imagine for argument's sake they beat Michigan.

And let's say everyone in the top five wins out (except OU...we lose in the CCG to Kansas).

Would KU jump LSU and Oregon?

'Cause if they haven't jumped LSU or Oregon yet, they may never. Especially if LSU wins out and wins their CCG.

I know this is against Sooner wishes. And I think we beat KU if we play them.

But I'm not 100% sure they have enough tradition, moxie, national appeal to overturn the current thoughts of the media.

The love affair for LSU and Oregon may be too much to allow for a threesome.

MojoRisen
11/6/2007, 02:50 PM
If an undefeated team comes out of the Big 12 be it Kansas - if they did not jump a one loss LSU or Oregon-

I would quit watching college football - period.

MiccoMacey
11/6/2007, 02:55 PM
I think the only one they could jump would be Oregon. They don't play a 13th game, much less a CCG.

I think LSU is too far into the media's heads. I just don't see Kansas ever jumping a one-loss LSU team.

yermom
11/6/2007, 03:15 PM
if tOSU loses and KU is a close 3rd in the human polls it's very possible they could be ahead of LSU or Oregon enough in the computers to make #2

their SOS should get considerably better by playing Mizzou and the CCG assuming they win

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 03:35 PM
KU would have a top 10 win over Mizzou and a top 5 win over OU. Those two wins alone are more impressive than any tOSU wins. If anyone is on the fence as being in or out of the game as an undefeated at the end of the season, its tOSU. KU would be a lock.

yermom
11/6/2007, 03:43 PM
but it doesn't work that way... most of time you just don't jump teams that don't lose

KU is basically in the same spot as us, almost identical

OklahomaTuba
11/6/2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, if KU somehow beats mizzery and us in the CCG, then there is no doubt they should be playing for all the marbles.

If they don't play in the big game, then God help us for the future of the sport.

StoopTroup
11/6/2007, 04:06 PM
KU has 3 pretty tough games coming their way...

Speculation can really start the week they are still undefeated and play Mizzou. Other then Colorado and K-State...KU has had it pretty easy. I think this week is a scary one for them. An easy game Saturday with the pokes and I think they take ISU easily too.

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 04:08 PM
but it doesn't work that way... most of time you just don't jump teams that don't lose

KU is basically in the same spot as us, almost identical

KU jumped us and WVa this past week in the BCS. They continue to win, they will continue to get major consideration.

StoopTroup
11/6/2007, 04:11 PM
We destroy TAMU and they played them close...

I still don't understand how they jumped us given the Schedule they have played. The only thing in their favor is that they beat CU and KSU and remain undefeated.

soonersn20xx
11/6/2007, 04:33 PM
With the logic and judgement of the polls this year, whether it be human or not................Kansas deserves to play for the MNC if they finish the year undefeated as much as Ohio State would.

Statalyzer
11/6/2007, 06:13 PM
Imagine if Kansas, LSU, and Ohio State all win out, and then Kansas gets left out and wins their at-large game. Then LSU beats Ohio State and Missouri and Oklahoma both win their bowl games.

National Champion: LSU, 13-1
Never even got a chance: Kansas, 14-0, three straight wins over BCS top 10 teams.

And people say the current system works just fine.

yermom
11/6/2007, 06:51 PM
if they wouldn't have scheduled cupcakes they would be higher (and by that i mean ALL cupcakes)

there is a lot of football left to be played though

josh09
11/6/2007, 08:28 PM
...do you think they'd play in the MNC?

If tOSU loses, it's a moot point, but let's imagine for argument's sake they beat Michigan.

And let's say everyone in the top five wins out (except OU...we lose in the CCG to Kansas).

Would KU jump LSU and Oregon?

'Cause if they haven't jumped LSU or Oregon yet, they may never. Especially if LSU wins out and wins their CCG.

I know this is against Sooner wishes. And I think we beat KU if we play them.

But I'm not 100% sure they have enough tradition, moxie, national appeal to overturn the current thoughts of the media.

The love affair for LSU and Oregon may be too much to allow for a threesome.

KU will play for the NC if they go undefeated, because of the BCS calculations.

But all of this doesnt matter. We will beat them. Unless Mizzou gets there first....

:pop:

SoonerKnight
11/6/2007, 09:42 PM
When Oklahoma stayed in it to play in the MNC game but lost the CCG and the rules were changed. The rules only say that a team has to win their CCG to eligible to play in the MNC. This does not mean that a school like Kansas will get their shot. Remember the media is very biased when it comes to lower schools getting into the big show. I would say it would be Fiesta Bowling for them.

Big Red Ron
11/6/2007, 10:26 PM
KU would have a top 10 win over Mizzou and a top 5 win over OU. Those two wins alone are more impressive than any tOSU wins. If anyone is on the fence as being in or out of the game as an undefeated at the end of the season, its tOSU. KU would be a lock.:cool:

Big Red Ron
11/6/2007, 10:28 PM
Imagine if Kansas, LSU, and Ohio State all win out, and then Kansas gets left out and wins their at-large game. Then LSU beats Ohio State and Missouri and Oklahoma both win their bowl games.

National Champion: LSU, 13-1
Never even got a chance: Kansas, 14-0, three straight wins over BCS top 10 teams.

And people say the current system works just fine.Good point horn.

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 03:35 AM
If KU wins out I think they'll beat ANYONE they play in the title game. That said, they will lose ONE game in the CCG.

SoonerKnight
11/7/2007, 03:40 AM
If KU wins out I think they'll beat ANYONE they play in the title game. That said, they will lose ONE game in the CCG.
Naw they choke against MU! They will fold pretty quick but I think they stay on top. I would hate for them to lose to OSU this week. Man would those losers be beating their chest!! :eek:

SoonerKnight
11/7/2007, 03:41 AM
Kansas will lose either this week or next or CCG. A school that hasn't been that highly ranked in 40 years doesn't stay on top for long! It's just tradition. You know like the cow pokers tradition of losing and OU's of winning!

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 03:44 AM
It'll be in the CCG if we are lucky.

StoopTroup
11/7/2007, 06:38 AM
Kansas will lose either this week or next or CCG. A school that hasn't been that highly ranked in 40 years doesn't stay on top for long! It's just tradition. You know like the cow pokers tradition of losing and OU's of winning!
You say that yet Boise State did it (13-0) and didn't get a shot last year either. If it wasn't for a hiccup at Washington this year they would be on track again this year. Still a season ending game against Hawaii should be a wild game to watch this year.

I really think KU deserves a shot if they win the Big XII CCG.

cs6000
11/7/2007, 07:12 AM
Had to throw in Kansas' strength of schedule: #84. If the Aggot students can fling enough stuff at the Kansas bench to keep them distracted, the Aggots may pull one off on them.

GORILLA BALL
11/7/2007, 08:16 AM
who has kansas played, i think their schedule is ranked 106?

KingBarry
11/7/2007, 01:29 PM
If KU goes undefeated, they are in. They are ranked below one-loss teams because most voters still believe that KU will lose to either Mizzou or Oklahoma. If/When KU erases these doubts, they will move up to 2nd behind Ohio State in the media polls.

Boise St last year is a bad analogy because 1) BSU is not in a BCS conference; and 2) BSU is not in a respected* conference.

* All BCS conferences are respected except for the Big East.

Texas Golfer
11/7/2007, 01:55 PM
Voters love the Cinderellas. That's why Boise State was the favorite of every viewer that were not fans of Oklahoma.

Even though they were ranked higher than us, they were considered the underdogs. KU will be, too, regardless of who they play in the NCG. And, should they win out, that's where they'll be.

I think pollsters will look at KU's wins over two top 6 teams (Missouri and Oklahoma) and put them in the top 2. I think their win over a top 5 Oklahoma team in their conference championship game will be seen as a better victory than LSU's win over an unranked Tennessee team in theirs.

soonermix
11/7/2007, 04:10 PM
the difference between boise and ku is the difference between conferences. if a team from the major 5 1/2 conferences (yeah big east how does that feel? ) goes undefeated it should and i believe would be in the mnc period. go ahead and bring up auburn to me but there were 3 major conference teams that year totally differet from boise.

btw what exactly does the 'M' in mnc stand for? it confuses me
thx

swardboy
11/7/2007, 05:31 PM
"M" = Mythical

Somehow so true.....