PDA

View Full Version : Crimson, Cream.....and gray?

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2007, 02:39 PM
Bob Stoops' sideline polo - tamu 2007

OU Men's hoops home uni - 2007

OU Women's hoops home uni - 2007

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1194379161.jpg
http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1194379221.jpg

All of the above, white with red logos and gray trim. Is this a new Nike-mandated look or are we going Ohio State up in there...?

I know when I started experiencing gray trim, I felt old...

Ash
11/6/2007, 02:42 PM
Can you tell me where to get a good deal on those? TIA

Seamus
11/6/2007, 02:43 PM
This thread is worthless without pics ... ;)

TUSooner
11/6/2007, 02:45 PM
We should switch to Adidas anyway.

3 stripes >>>>>>>>> swoosh

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2007, 03:02 PM
This thread is worthless without pics ... ;)

Touche'

Thanks....

soonersweetie
11/6/2007, 03:16 PM
ok, i don't mind the crimson/cream shirts with the khaki pants, but when you throw gray in there, it just looks wrong. Khaki does not go with gray.

proudsoonergal
11/6/2007, 04:22 PM
I originally misread the subject title and thought it said "crimson, cream & gravy." Now that would make for an interesting combo.

mxATVracer10
11/6/2007, 04:25 PM
I originally misread the subject title and thought it said "crimson, cream & gravy." Now that would make for an interesting combo.
Glad I wasn't the only one :O

crawfish
11/6/2007, 04:42 PM

I did, too. It made me hungry. :O

Harry Beanbag
11/6/2007, 04:49 PM
Gray>>>>>black

tommieharris91
11/6/2007, 05:13 PM
Since when did we turn into Ohio State? Are we gonna start a new tradition of putting starts on our helmets?

stoopified
11/6/2007, 05:48 PM
Ask coach Capel,It ain't gray,its SILVER.At least that is his story.

CitySooner
11/6/2007, 06:25 PM
Gulp! :eek: I heard about the silver but had not seen it yet. Not sure what to think. I know other schools have added a new color to their uniforms, but I can't think of any traditional powers who have. Schools like Puke State and Oregon jack with their unis hoping it will change their luck on the field. Hopefully we won't do that to the football unis. That would be WRONG WRONG WRONG! :(

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2007, 06:36 PM
Ask coach Capel,It ain't gray,its SILVER.At least that is his story.

http://www.quickpicturehost.com/images/qph-1194392182.jpg

That ain't silver Coach.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/6/2007, 06:57 PM
The gray/silver accents are teh succ.

swardboy
11/6/2007, 07:08 PM
gray = ghey

OKLA21FAN
11/6/2007, 07:11 PM
i like the gray (or black) accent on the coaches unis, but just leave the jersey and pants alone for the players

birddog
11/6/2007, 07:13 PM
it's just a little silver on the bball uni's. no big deal.

if they decide to add it to the fball uni's, you all may have a hissy fit.

Harry Beanbag
11/6/2007, 07:29 PM
Gulp! :eek: I heard about the silver but had not seen it yet. Not sure what to think. I know other schools have added a new color to their uniforms, but I can't think of any traditional powers who have. Schools like Puke State and Oregon jack with their unis hoping it will change their luck on the field. Hopefully we won't do that to the football unis. That would be WRONG WRONG WRONG! :(

We have zero tradition attached to our basketball uniforms. I can think of at least 6 different styles in the last 25 years.

soonerboomer93
11/6/2007, 07:57 PM
I understand why they added the black to the shirts for Heupel

they grey doesn't bother me that much on the polo's but it will make me mad if they attempt to add it to the Football uniforms

swardboy
11/6/2007, 08:16 PM
You know I was actually thinking about this recently: I wonder who it was who had the cajones to change the football uni from white helmets w/stripe to red and a paperclip back in the 1960's, as well as the jersey style. That had to be ENORMOUSLY unpopular back in the day I would think. The old uni represented Bud, 47 straight, and 3 national championships.

Was it to distinguish ourselves from rival Nebraska?

Stitch Face
11/6/2007, 08:32 PM

If so then thank you God

AlbqSooner
11/6/2007, 09:02 PM
I have a couple of polos like that. :D

Big Red Ron
11/6/2007, 11:09 PM
they wont change the football unis.

Sooner02
11/6/2007, 11:22 PM
Anyone know where I can get the shirt I've seen Stoops wearing several times this season. It's a short-sleeved (not polo) crimson and cream sorta horizontal stripes. It's hard to explain, and wish I could find a pic.

EDIT: I found a pic of it.
http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/9D/E2/9DE2BCF71E2327.jpg
http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/73/0E/730E1E76211C2E.jpg

Buckeye Fan
11/6/2007, 11:22 PM
I heard Nike is pushing teams to adopt a 3rd uniform like Oregon has. So OU might have a gray uniform in the future.

birddog
11/6/2007, 11:27 PM
I heard Nike is pushing teams to adopt a 3rd uniform like Oregon has. So OU might have a gray uniform in the future.

get right out of town.

we are NOT oregon.

Breadburner
11/6/2007, 11:28 PM
**** on Nike.....

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 11:37 PM
You know I was actually thinking about this recently: I wonder who it was who had the cajones to change the football uni from white helmets w/stripe to red and a paperclip back in the 1960's, as well as the jersey style. That had to be ENORMOUSLY unpopular back in the day I would think. The old uni represented Bud, 47 straight, and 3 national championships.

Good question...
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla/graphics/auto/1950.jpg
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla/graphics/auto/1955.jpg

Sooner02
11/6/2007, 11:37 PM
I kinda like the fact that OU doesn't play around much with the uniforms. We keep it simple and with what works. It's like the teams that change uniforms so often don't have a solid identity or are trying to find one.

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 11:40 PM
1975 jersey...
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla/graphics/m-footbl/archive/national-champs-1975-hdr.jpg

Breadburner
11/6/2007, 11:40 PM
There is no need to re-brand OU......

Sooner02
11/6/2007, 11:43 PM

I enjoyed the 2003 opener with the retro uniforms, but it just didn't seem like the modern OU Sooner team playing, although it was cool to see that old school look. I think the logo on helmets is a widely-known symbol probably internationally. No one ever mistakes it for Oregon or Ohio so it's unique to our team. Sorta like the Seminole, U (which I still don't get), or Trojan.

SoonerEmpire
11/7/2007, 02:33 AM
Anyone remember the firestorm that the Morning Animals caused in April of '99 when they announced that incoming head coach Bob Stoops was changing the schools colors to green and charcoal gray? They TOTALLY made it sound like it was the real deal with people reporting from Norman and the whole bit. It wasn't limited to the Morning Animals either. They kept it up for at least an hour or two after the Morning Animal's show was over with. Their phones were jammed the rest of the day with people ready to burn down the campus if they changed the school colors. At the time, I must admit, I was actually duped into the whole charade. I don't think I've ever been that pis*ed off about anything my entire life! Once it was announced that it was just an April fools joke... man, that was just wrong! In hindsight, it's funny as hell, but at the time, I was ready to kill!

Sooner02
11/7/2007, 02:44 AM
What is up with this color of shirt?
http://store.cstv.com/marketplace/store/Vendor17/fullscale/OS23KG1T-c.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 02:50 AM
As long as no one wears Orange I'm cool.

pott_2
11/7/2007, 02:58 AM
If Nike has their way.. the football team will have diamond plating over the shoulder pads like the ducks.... Maybe even a crimson helmet that looks like Kool-Aid puke.

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 03:27 AM
Nike can lick my diamond plating.

Lott's Bandana
11/7/2007, 09:28 AM
I kinda like the fact that OU doesn't play around much with the uniforms. We keep it simple and with what works. It's like the teams that change uniforms so often don't have a solid identity or are trying to find one.

When I was younger I thought Penn State was ridiculous. Now I think their uni's are cool as hell....

Sadly, that probably means something...

John Kochtoston
11/7/2007, 12:48 PM
The gray accents don't bother me much, as long as the gray remains a trim color. Gray has historically been a neutral color for sporting teams to wear (see baseball unis, including OU's). Black, however, even as a trim color, is teh succ. Black = Aggy.

jccouger
11/7/2007, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't mind a silver football jersey, and I'm sure the players would really enjoy it, and so would the students. Its just fun. You guys really do complain way too much.

CtheB
11/7/2007, 01:33 PM
Actually, OU was one of the schools aproached by Nike last year to wear the alternate jersey seen on Va Tech and Miami, with the off color sleeve. OU turned it down. I think our unis have high regard by the athletic department, and I really don't see them ever going away from it.

IMHO, our road whites, at night, on grass, are one of the sharpest looks in college football.

adoniijahsooner
11/7/2007, 01:36 PM
I remember when Nebraska changed their uniforms for one year, and it just didnt look right; A&M looks a little funny with silver incorporated into their uniforms, if we ever change our unis i hope its something from our history and not some new age mix of colors.

StoopTroup
11/7/2007, 01:38 PM
Ewwwwwwwwww....gray....

HATED IT !

http://www.austinchronicle.com/binary/filmlist.whitechicks.jpg

soonerhillbilly
11/7/2007, 02:59 PM
OU should just stick with what they have and keep winning. On the other hand one game with some retro colors would be cool. Or All Silver, shoes to helmet. ? BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

soonermix
11/7/2007, 04:00 PM
while we are at it why don't we just go all silver and black like the raiders????? with a little tiny red cleat on each of the players left shoe... oh and pink face masks... oh i got it now lets let nike decide how we look and change jerseys after each quarter, red, then white, then black, then silver...
cartman.... no nike this is my pot pie
cartman.... mom nike is being a dildo
cartman's mom ... i know a precious kitty that is sleeping with mommy tonight

stoopified
11/7/2007, 04:43 PM
they wont change the football unis.
They might.In 200 Bob OK'd changing the helmets to a metallic finish crimson that matched the jerseys better.I recall that Bob said it bothered him that OUr helmets had always been darker than the jerseys.I'm thinking with the lighter shade of jersey we now have(for the last 2 years)that Bob may again OK achange in the helmets to better match OUr jerseys.

Harry Beanbag
11/7/2007, 05:37 PM
They might.In 200 Bob OK'd changing the helmets to a metallic finish crimson that matched the jerseys better.I recall that Bob said it bothered him that OUr helmets had always been darker than the jerseys.I'm thinking with the lighter shade of jersey we now have(for the last 2 years)that Bob may again OK achange in the helmets to better match OUr jerseys.

That's not changing the uniform. In fact, that is making it more uniform, so to speak.

Big Red Ron
11/7/2007, 08:08 PM
:D
That's not changing the uniform. In fact, that is making it more uniform, so to speak.Yep. Let's see Bob try and put stripes on the shoulders or take them off of the pants...heh

proudsoonergal
11/7/2007, 09:53 PM
What is up with this color of shirt?
http://store.cstv.com/marketplace/store/Vendor17/fullscale/OS23KG1T-c.jpg

I have this shirt! I wore it to the OU women's BB NCAA game in Austin. It happened to be on March 17, so it worked. :)

ouwasp
11/7/2007, 11:41 PM
I think it was in the 1987 "Game of the Century II" that Nebraska wore red jerseys/pants, white shoes and helmets of course. OU contrasted nicely in all white, crimson helmets, and Nike had provided crimson shoes. I liked it,

Never did care for the black shoe craze of the '90s. But then the 90s suct in general for all things regarding Sooner football... Those surely were the bad old days...

Seamus
11/8/2007, 01:53 PM
Touche'

Thanks....

Awesome! Sláinte!

Seamus
11/8/2007, 02:08 PM
I think it was in the 1987 "Game of the Century II" that Nebraska wore red jerseys/pants, white shoes and helmets of course. OU contrasted nicely in all white, crimson helmets, and Nike had provided crimson shoes. I liked it,

Never did care for the black shoe craze of the '90s. But then the 90s suct in general for all things regarding Sooner football... Those surely were the bad old days...

Actually, this was the night game in Lincoln in 1986:

The Catch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjsBjRjLj6Q)

I loved our shoes in that game -- I'd like to see them make a comeback for a game or two. And actually, I thought Nebbish's uniforms looked pretty cool.

Pieces Hit
11/8/2007, 02:27 PM
Just keep the player's names on their uniforms - that's all I ask.

Harry Beanbag
11/8/2007, 04:30 PM
Actually, this was the night game in Lincoln in 1986:

The Catch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjsBjRjLj6Q)

I loved our shoes in that game -- I'd like to see them make a comeback for a game or two. And actually, I thought Nebbish's uniforms looked pretty cool.

Man, those were some fun games back then. Speaking of uniforms, I still wonder WTF was up with Lashar's yellow tights in that game. :confused:

Lott's Bandana
11/8/2007, 05:45 PM
Awesome! Sláinte!

<tippin my Jameson>

Been to a coupla games now at LNC and the gra(v)y doesn't show up as much live on the hoops skivvies as it does on the photos of same I have seen online...kinda weird. Still, Bob's NikeDriFit Buckeye polo screams grayish-silverish live, online and on ABC's telecast.

rubyspirit
11/8/2007, 09:12 PM
Looks good ... I really like them.