PDA

View Full Version : Oregon

boomersooner28
11/6/2007, 01:52 PM
I am sick and damn tired of hearing about how good DD and the Ducks are this year. They aren't any better than last season when we went to their house and beat them with a WR at QB. They are gonna get exposed pretty damn quick.

OVERRATED, clap, clap, clap clap clap!

(we would KILL them)

The end.

bri
11/6/2007, 01:56 PM
Um, I don't know what "we" you root for, but OU went to Eugene and lost last year. Yes, there were some horribly botched calls, but that "overrated" Dennis Dixon still managed to throw a couple of late touchdowns to rally after our rally.

Let the usual pedantic flaming begin.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/6/2007, 02:04 PM
Beating USC makes them the new greatest team in the history of creation. And they also beat the team that beat the team that beat them, so it's pretty much like they are undefeated.

Get over it.

SleestakSooner
11/6/2007, 02:10 PM
Um, I don't know what "we" you root for, but OU went to Eugene and lost last year. Yes, there were some horribly botched calls, but that "overrated" Dennis Dixon still managed to throw a couple of late touchdowns to rally after our rally.

pedantic
adjectivemarked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects [syn: academic (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/academic)]

I prefer the pedantic flaming to the unedgekated kind!:rolleyes:

But yea, though most of us wish to forget the outcome of that OU vs. UO game it did indeed go down in the loss column.

Perhaps boomersooner28 meant the game in 2005, but I don't think Dixon was QB then was he?

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2007, 02:21 PM
I am sick and damn tired of hearing about how good DD and the Ducks are this year. They aren't any better than last season when we went to their house and beat them with a WR at QB. They are gonna get exposed pretty damn quick.

(we would KILL them)

The end.

Once again, Paul Thompson was a scholarship QB at OU for 3 years before changing to WR for 11 games. It's not like Brandon Jones ran our offense last year. This is the dumbest argument ever.

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2007, 02:22 PM
Perhaps boomersooner28 meant the game in 2005, but I don't think Dixon was QB then was he?

He split snaps with Brady Leaf in the Holiday bowl

MojoRisen
11/6/2007, 02:33 PM
We got screwed in Eugene but- the prevent killed us period- we shut them down for 3 quarters then went prevent-

I hate it and would rather get burned by what was already working....

Vegas Vic
11/6/2007, 02:37 PM
I am sick and damn tired of hearing about how good DD and the Ducks are this year. They aren't any better than last season when we went to their house and beat them with a WR at QB.

I don't like Oregon (never have and never will), but this year's Oregon team is much better than last year's team.

SoonerBOI
11/6/2007, 02:39 PM
They beat an ok USC and dominated Arizona St. I have to give them credit. And they have NIKE to boot. I'll wait till they play out the sched. Can we beat them? I'm almost certain.

TUSooner
11/6/2007, 02:43 PM
I don't like Oregon (never have and never will), but this year's Oregon team is much better than last year's team.

yep (maybe not "much" but better).
I would hope for UO to beat LSU (the lovely and talented LSUdeek notwithstanding ;) ), but I doubt they could do it in the Supredome.

MiccoMacey
11/6/2007, 02:47 PM
It's not like we're worse than last year.

I'd say we've progressed at least as much as they have.

soonervegas
11/6/2007, 02:52 PM
They still haven't had their yearly meltdown against a team that is far inferior to them......wait for it.

Desert Sapper
11/6/2007, 03:10 PM
I'm hoping their trip to AZ, at night, a week from Thursday, will prove fatal. I don't think the Wildcats have anything going for them in that game except that it's Thursday night (and they may get overlooked by the duckies). Go Mike!

Of course, they still have the Beavers to contend with, and the Beavs have the #10 total D in the country.

Probably no hope that these pricks get beat again, and Herbie will remain lock-jawed to Dixon's jockstrap until they do.

Vegas Vic
11/6/2007, 03:20 PM
It's not like we're worse than last year.

I agree.

I'd say we've progressed at least as much as they have.

I disagree with that.

Some of you guys might not remember this, but Oregon was horrible last year. They went 7-6 and got destroyed by Brigham Young in the Las Vegas Bowl. This year's Oregon team is light years ahead of last year's team.

kevpks
11/6/2007, 03:47 PM
Oregon needs to get Brady Leaf some more snaps. That would help our chances of getting the MNC game tremendously.

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 04:02 PM
They are pretty salty. See recent article in SI talking about the evolution of DD. And it seems their new OC (old one is at LSU) has made a difference.

Their spread offense would give us fits. Would definitely be a tight game.

StoopTroup
11/6/2007, 04:09 PM
I'm not crazy about any of the Pac 10 Teams for the simple fact they don't play a CCG.

They have it way to easy to declare themselves as a Major Conference. It's been USC every year...the year it's not USC...it's a down year for the PAC 10.

The Media knows it too.

I would quit wasting any thought on those posers.

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 04:13 PM
Their excuse is that they play nine conference games vs. 8 for most everyone else. But i'm with Bob, either we all play CCG's, or no one does

freshchris05
11/6/2007, 04:18 PM
Once again, Paul Thompson was a scholarship QB at OU for 3 years before changing to WR for 11 games. It's not like Brandon Jones ran our offense last year. This is the dumbest argument ever.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

thank you...

saying that we had a wr at qb is ridiculous, disrespectful, and very aggyish...
PT is a qb, PT was our qb... he wasn't a hof qb, but he was the guy who lead us through the season... and he is a sooner

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_TLD2VmMI00

cheezyq
11/6/2007, 04:19 PM
Their spread offense would give us fits. Would definitely be a tight game.

UO spread = MU spread

The only real difference at QB is that Dixon is faster than Daniels, and Daniels is a more accurate passer. But Daniels is no slouch either when running, and we pretty much shut that down too. UO has a better RB, but MU has Maclin, who is very explosive. MU has better tight ends. The receivers are about even.

I'm not that impressed with the Oregon D, either. I don't think we'd murder them, but I'm sure we'd beat them. We would probably score in the high 30s/low 40s, and give up something in the high 20s/low 30s.

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

thank you...

saying that we had a wr at qb is ridiculous, disrespectful, and very aggyish...
PT is a qb, PT was our qb... he wasn't a hof qb, but he was the guy who lead us through the season... and he is a sooner

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_TLD2VmMI00

Man, that was 6 inches from being a zero yard drive for a safety :eek:

rainiersooner
11/6/2007, 04:38 PM
The problem is that if you believe, as I do, that it is our manifest destiny to play in the MNC, I actually WANT Oregon to win out, so that we can skewer them at the Sugar Bowl. But that's just me.

Vegas Vic
11/6/2007, 05:35 PM
Their excuse is that they play nine conference games vs. 8 for most everyone else. But i'm with Bob, either we all play CCG's, or no one does

I can see both sides of the argument.

The Pac Ten actually has a good format where each team plays against every other team in the conference. They have a valid argument in not playing a championship game. The Big Ten can't make that same argument, because their members don't all play each other.

Desert Sapper
11/6/2007, 05:41 PM
The problem is that if you believe, as I do, that it is our manifest destiny to play in the MNC, I actually WANT Oregon to win out, so that we can skewer them at the Sugar Bowl. But that's just me.

I don't really care who we face, as long as we skewer them. :texan:

Animal Mother
11/6/2007, 05:42 PM
Once again, Paul Thompson was a scholarship QB at OU for 3 years before changing to WR for 11 games. It's not like Brandon Jones ran our offense last year. This is the dumbest argument today 11/06/2007.

Fixed it.
And today ain't over yet!!!

soonerboomer93
11/6/2007, 06:03 PM

for all the uneducated people out there

the Sugar Bowl is not the BCS championship game, they are 2 seperate games, with 2 different names

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2007, 06:20 PM
Everyone knows what he means...even us undeumacated ones...

CitySooner
11/6/2007, 06:43 PM
Haven't you guys figured it out yet? The only reason they get so much exposure is because of those ugly *** uniforms they trot out with week after week. They do more wardrobe changes than Liberace!

josh09
11/6/2007, 08:31 PM

(we would KILL them)

The end.

I dont know about this. Oregon is pretty good this year.

If we played them it would be extremely close.

jwlynn64
11/6/2007, 10:10 PM
I'm not crazy about any of the Pac 10 Teams for the simple fact they don't play a CCG.

When you have already played every team in your conference, what would the CCG prove?

I'm all for making every conference have twelve teams and a CCG but until the NCAA does that, the PAC 10 at least does it better than the Big 10(11).

SteelClip49
11/7/2007, 09:30 AM
Pac 10 format is fine and there is no co-champion in the conference according to the new round robin rules. No need for them to change anything.

This Oregon team is better than the 2001 squad who should have played for the title. I don't see Oregon losing another game. I see them in the Sugardome playing for the title vs. OU, homerism aside. Amazing it would be to have played them 4 years in a row.

boomersooner28
11/16/2007, 02:51 AM
Yep, I was right. Got negged for this thread.

peanous
11/16/2007, 02:59 AM

Did somebody step on your star wars figures or did u have to pry yourself away from a gallon of bunny tracks and your krispy kremes to come post that?

Dio
11/16/2007, 03:29 AM
Did somebody step on your star wars figures or did u have to pry yourself away from a gallon of bunny tracks and your krispy kremes to come post that?

:pop:

sozo
11/16/2007, 07:25 AM
Oregon needs to get Brady Leaf some more snaps. That would help our chances of getting the MNC game tremendously.
Good call!

2k2 c5
11/16/2007, 10:39 AM
Beating USC makes them the new greatest team in the history of creation. And they also beat the team that beat the team that beat them, so it's pretty much like they are undefeated.

I prefer to think of it as one of those wins we can't talk about.:D

badger
11/16/2007, 10:40 AM
Did anyone post "Ryan Leaf did not ask for these powers?" If not, it is d@mn funny.

Linky (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2007/11/16/ryan-leaf-didnt-ask-for-these-powers/#more-4197)

PDXsooner
11/16/2007, 11:56 AM
OU won in eugene last year.

Stoop Dawg
11/16/2007, 03:32 PM

peanous is by far my favorite new poster. And he (I can only assume peanous is a "he") is dangerously close to being my favorite overall very shortly (no pun intended) if he keeps this up.

Stoop Dawg
11/16/2007, 03:36 PM
OU won in eugene last year.

Quit being so pedantic. Everyone knows that if OU had scored a touchdown on every single play then the botched calls wouldn't have mattered. We deserved to lose.

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 03:43 PM
Man, that was 6 inches from being a zero yard drive for a safety :eek:

Five straight completions to four different receivers...six for eight on the drive, and Zaslaw should have caught the one. Awesome drive.

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 03:43 PM
Double post.

LesNessman
11/16/2007, 05:27 PM
Don't like to see Dixon hurt like that, but LOVE it that they blew their chance for the big game.
Justice is served.

OUMallen
11/16/2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks for making this little piece of paper a lot more valuable, Ducks!!

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8553/1116071624si6.jpg

2k2 c5
11/17/2007, 10:53 AM
Quit being so pedantic. Everyone knows that if OU had scored a touchdown on every single play then the botched calls wouldn't have mattered. We deserved to lose.

Hmm. So I guess we DESERVE to lose any game wherein it is not a blowout. I always thought we were only supposed to take the other team out of the game, not the refs. Forgive me my facetious attempt at humor.

Stoop Dawg
11/17/2007, 12:03 PM
Hmm. So I guess we DESERVE to lose any game wherein it is not a blowout. I always thought we were only supposed to take the other team out of the game, not the refs. Forgive me my facetious attempt at humor.

Don't look now, but your sarcasm detector is broken.

OK2LA
11/17/2007, 03:06 PM

Some of us are on a budget. We don't need this kind of crap thrown up in our face. You throwing tens of dollars around on like it grows on trees is your business - keep it your business. No need to rub it in our collective noses.

Gambling is an addiction.

I'd be careful with your lavish gambling lifestlye there fella.

OK2LA
11/17/2007, 03:13 PM

I'm not sure what a gallon of bunny tracks are - but I think that might be funny.

StoopTroup
11/17/2007, 03:18 PM

I hope you win. :D

Desert Sapper
11/18/2007, 02:09 PM

Thanx for the Jinx. :eek: