PDA

View Full Version : yeah, like, studying sucks and stuff

fadada1
11/6/2007, 12:54 PM
so i've got 2 degrees in my pocket, but i find myself studying 10X as hard for a test that's 100X easier than the most difficult one i took at OU.

i go down to FLA next week for level 2 of my PGA work.

i thought i was done studying in this lifetime.

ugh.

OUDoc
11/6/2007, 01:22 PM
Dungeon masters don't have levels.

fadada1
11/6/2007, 01:33 PM
Dungeon masters don't have levels.
DAMMIT!!! I'VE BEEN EXPOSED!!!!!

OU4LIFE
11/6/2007, 01:46 PM
Good luck man, I've heard that program is difficult, they try really hard to weed out the posers.

Hang in there.

fadada1
11/6/2007, 02:17 PM
Good luck man, I've heard that program is difficult, they try really hard to weed out the posers.

Hang in there.
thanks dude.

level 1 is the true weed-out level. tons of bookwork that could easily be ignored and given up on. each level, the work load gets cut (basically) in half. the stuff isn't hard, you just have to do it. level 3 should be fairly smooth.

sucks for some of the guys that haven't passed their playing test yet. lots more pressure they don't need. can't move on to level 3 until you pass it.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2007, 02:26 PM
heh. I took my PAT at a muni in Midwest City, can't remember the name of the course of the top of my head...seemed to me like that would be the easy part.

fadada1
11/6/2007, 02:34 PM
heh. I took my PAT at a muni in Midwest City, can't remember the name of the course of the top of my head...seemed to me like that would be the easy part.
you'd think so, but statistically, no.

i took one in texas right when i knew i was getting into the business. was sunny and warm all week. the day i took it, was cool, rainy, and 20mph wind all day. the course was the narrowist i've ver been on. OB on every hole (like hitting through a hallway). 4 people passed out of 50(ish). i missed by a stroke and no one was within 5 shots of me.

i passed it up in maryland by 5 shots (and hadn't really practiced much going in). out of 50(ish) again, only 7 passed. no real trouble to speak of on the course.

there are some guys on the "PAT tour" that go month to month without even coming close. if you can't break 80, you'll never sniff passing.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2007, 02:37 PM
isn't that crazy? I mean the PAT to me seemed easy cause I wasn't playing against any of the other guys there, and I was only working at the course part time and was just considering getting into the golf side...

weird how people can put so much pressure on themselves......that is the reason this game is so mental.

fadada1
11/6/2007, 02:51 PM
isn't that crazy? I mean the PAT to me seemed easy cause I wasn't playing against any of the other guys there, and I was only working at the course part time and was just considering getting into the golf side...

weird how people can put so much pressure on themselves......that is the reason this game is so mental.
part of it is becasue they tell you what you have to shoot before you tee off. then you start telling yourself how many strokes you have to "play with" during the round - instead of going out and playing smart and aggressive.