PDA

View Full Version : Chicago area Sooners

OKC-SLC
11/6/2007, 11:35 AM
I'm in Chicago this weekend and plan to watch the much-anticipated Baylor game at a bar/restaurant type establishment.

Is there a place in the area where any of you people get together to watch games?

kevpks
11/6/2007, 11:42 AM
I live in Chicago and this place is awesome:

Joe's Sports Bar
940 West Weed Street - 312.337.3486

Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=940+W.+Weed+St.+Chicago&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.273162,77.431641&ie=UTF8&ll=41.909863,-87.649709&spn=0.004048,0.009452&z=17&om=1)

I'll be in Norman but Joe's is the watch party headquarters for OU fans.

OKC-SLC
11/6/2007, 12:04 PM
You think there will be much action there this weekend given that it's Baylor?

kevpks
11/6/2007, 12:31 PM
There were a lot of fans there for the Utah St. game, so I'd say so.

OKC-SLC
11/6/2007, 12:39 PM
cool. check your pm.

BillyBall
11/6/2007, 12:54 PM
I'm in Chicago this weekend and plan to watch the much-anticipated Baylor game at a bar/restaurant type establishment.

Is there a place in the area where any of you people get together to watch games?

I too live in Chicago and have been to Joes 3 or 4 times to catch OU games. It is one of the only places to have a real "watch party" for OU fans in Chicago but the place absolutely blows. Its a big warehouse with a ton of ****** bags, really nothing special about the place other than having OU fans around.

This city is full of great bars that will have the game on, I wouldnt go to a place like Joes unless you were lost.

OKC-SLC
11/6/2007, 01:15 PM
I'm staying at the O'hare Crowne Plaza for a conference. My buddy from chicago suggested I take the blue line and get off at Damen. He said there are plenty of places there to watch the game. Would you guys agree?

paulsboutique
11/6/2007, 01:36 PM
When I lived in Chicago in the late 90s, I would go to GameKeeper's every Saturday for OU football. Still the best sports bar I have been to.

Lincoln and Armitage...

Whet
11/6/2007, 02:35 PM
OKC-SLC, have you taken a look at the OU Alumni Club of Chicago page, on the Alumni Association website?
They listed Joe's and the Fox and Hound, plus there is a contact person. Give him a call...

here is the website location: http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UOK/cpages/chapterpage.jsp?chapter=27&org=UOK

I work in Chicago, but live about 40 miles west and have not been to Joe's Sports Bar or the other place....

If you do ride the blue line into Chicago, here are a few of ideas for you to follow: 1 - don't give anyone money - what ever their story, it's untrue. 2 - have some fun and see some things while you are there, including the Loop.... and 3 - don't give anyone money!

Enjoy your trip and check the weather before you leave OKC.

BillyBall
11/6/2007, 03:22 PM
I'm staying at the O'hare Crowne Plaza for a conference. My buddy from chicago suggested I take the blue line and get off at Damen. He said there are plenty of places there to watch the game. Would you guys agree?

If you take the Blue Line down to Damen you will be in Bucktown/Wicker Park, which is my old hood. I love that neighborhood, its where I hang out on Saturdays. Here are a couple of cool bars/restaurants that will definitely be able to get the game on for you.

Map Room http://www.maproom.com
Lottie's http://www.lottiespub.com
Piece http://www.piecechicago.com

kevpks
11/6/2007, 03:50 PM
I too live in Chicago and have been to Joes 3 or 4 times to catch OU games. It is one of the only places to have a real "watch party" for OU fans in Chicago but the place absolutely blows. Its a big warehouse with a ton of ****** bags, really nothing special about the place other than having OU fans around.

This city is full of great bars that will have the game on, I wouldnt go to a place like Joes unless you were lost.

It was pretty fun when I went there. I think it was the only place that I know of that was carrying the Utah St. game. The guy was also asking where he could watch the game with OU fans, not the best bar.

BillyBall
11/6/2007, 04:27 PM
I think it was the only place that I know of that was carrying the Utah St. game. The guy was also asking where he could watch the game with OU fans, not the best bar.

Oh Im not trying to bash you or your suggestion man, just giving him another option/opinion. Im positive that the game will be on at Joes and that there will be Sooner fans present. I just happen to dislike the place, thats all....

OKC-SLC
11/6/2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Through the course of today I've managed to develop quite a few cold symptoms. Therefore, one of two things will happen:

1) I'll take the blue line to somewhere and watch the game, all whilst giving no one my money

or

2) I'll watch it from my hotel room, gorked out of my mind on NyQuil and other such pleasantries.

KingBarry
11/7/2007, 02:35 PM
If you watch it from your hotel room, gorked out of your mind on NyQuil and other such pleasantries, then don't give anyone any money. Even if the story is true, it won't be a very good one. Or something.