PDA

View Full Version : Panda Express

handcrafted
11/6/2007, 10:57 AM
They're building one in Moore. Anyone who is not Dean have any experience with them?

King Crimson
11/6/2007, 11:02 AM
they lead the world in product placement in TV shows like Entourage etc.

never been to one.

OCUDad
11/6/2007, 11:06 AM
Average to below-average Chinese food, but lots of it and for very little money. OK sometimes when you're in a hurry for lunch.

garland sooner
11/6/2007, 11:48 AM
their orange chicken and kung pao chicken is good. but like he said it's good if you're craving chinese for lunch.

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 11:53 AM
Eh, its okay. Cheap and fast.

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2007, 11:55 AM
agree with everyone. Average at best, but if you have to have Chinese food for lunch it's fine. Orange chicken and fried rice is all I ever get.

rufnek05
11/6/2007, 11:55 AM
it's decent. way better than Happy Garden.

frankensooner
11/6/2007, 11:56 AM
Is their Panda tasty? I guess they get it out pretty fast.

TopDaugIn2000
11/6/2007, 12:19 PM
mmmm, cheap average chinese food..

me likee

if you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap, and easy.

OCUDad
11/6/2007, 12:20 PM
How YOU doin?

C&CDean
11/6/2007, 01:19 PM
They're building one in Moore. Anyone who is not Dean have any experience with them?

And why would you not wanted my worldly, learned, SPOT-ON opinion?

I've eaten at them in a couple different cities. Pei Wei sucks less. But if you're in a hurry to get your chinese grub on, and only have a few bucks in your pocket they're alright. Think airport chinese food. Only a lot cheaper. jk will love it.

OCUDad
11/6/2007, 01:54 PM
And why would you not wanted my worldly, learned, SPOT-ON opinion?Because your grammar and syntax ain't worth ****?

C&CDean
11/6/2007, 02:01 PM
Because your grammar and syntax ain't worth ****?

There's a little Doleo in all of us....

JohnnyMack
11/6/2007, 02:12 PM
Think airport chinese food.

The airport chinese food in St. Louis has to be the worst on the planet. They barely skin the cats before they fry them up.

Lott's Bandana
11/6/2007, 02:26 PM
In NorCal I used to stop on the way home and pick up an 'al a carte' order of their Teriyaki-ish (I know, Chinese) chicken...there was enough nicely marinated grilled chicken there to get home and make great wraps or my own stir fry...about the same price for the same amount of store bought chicken breast but already cooked, marinated and sliced into those perfect fajita-sized fingery thingys. 'Course, I'm not going to schlep up to Moore and then back to Norman for that...

Never mind.

yermom
11/6/2007, 02:29 PM
better than anything in Norman as far as fast Chinese stuff. i think it's better than that place in Noble too (sorry Dean)

Moore is a bit far for me to go there too often though. if i'm going to Moore, i'd probably just get Fusion Cafe

TopDaugIn2000
11/6/2007, 02:36 PM
I'll probably stop there on the way home from work from time to time.

when in Norman, I hit the golden chef on Robinson and I-35 next to subway and 7-11

handcrafted
11/6/2007, 03:16 PM
And why would you not wanted my worldly, learned, SPOT-ON opinion?

Because unless there's kung pao squirrel on the menu, you usually disparage the place. :D

Seeing as how there's a kind of consensus here on this, however, I'll give it a try once it's built. Looks like it's prolly around 2 months from opening.

StoopTroup
11/6/2007, 03:33 PM
They all blow chunks IMO.

yermom
11/6/2007, 03:42 PM
Chunks is my dog!

soonersweetie
11/6/2007, 03:45 PM
I love Panda, and so do the kids. Orange chicken is their best. Although they have something new out called crispy panda beef and that's pretty good too.

I'm not an expert on Chinese food or anything. I just tend to like it.

OCUDad
11/6/2007, 04:10 PM
There's a little Doleo in all of us....Most frightening post of the year. :eek:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 09:35 AM
My friend and I went to the new Panda Express in Moore on Saturday. It was ok, but it's no Golden China.

They yelled "Welcome to Panda Express" like they do at Moe's.

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 09:55 AM
need details.

what did you have? how are their prices? is everything a la carte or "combos"?

I keep meaning to stop by on my way home from work one day.

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2008, 09:59 AM
need details.

I keep meaning to stop by on my way home from work one day.

TD2:
From past experiences, the prices are reasonable and there is a la carte as well as combos...again, the teriyaki chicken is a good base to take home and stir-fry your own veggies into...doesn't cost really any more than chicken breast from the grocer and it is cooked and marinated already. Quick din din.

C&CDean
1/16/2008, 09:59 AM
Why do you people insist on eating below-average to average food? Panda Express is OK for what it is. The asian McDonald's. Nothing more, nothing less.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/16/2008, 10:00 AM
Average to below-average Chinese food, but lots of it and for very little money. OK sometimes when you're in a hurry for lunch.

I'd agree with that assessment. I doubt the ethnic Chinese would eat there, that is usually my tell on whether a place is good or not...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 10:38 AM
need details.

I keep meaning to stop by on my way home from work one day.For what it was I thought it was a little pricey. I think my bill was around $7 for the 2 entree/1 side combo and a drink. They should have thrown in an egg roll or a spring roll for that.

I had the Kung Pao Chicken and the Mushroom Chicken and rice. It was about the same quality as most Chinese buffets except at this place you knew it was fresh because they are wokking it up right there. My biggest complaint is that for soy sauce, hot mustard and chili sauce you get little packets.

Next time I'll substitute h&s soup for the rice.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 10:40 AM
Why do you people insist on eating below-average to average food? Panda Express is OK for what it is. The asian McDonald's. Nothing more, nothing less.I will agree with this assessment. I'd rather have Pei Wei. ;)

Seriously though, the best Chinese place in Moore is called Golden China. It's on 12th Street. They have Mongorian BBQ

yermom
1/16/2008, 10:42 AM
Why do you people insist on eating below-average to average food? Panda Express is OK for what it is. The asian McDonald's. Nothing more, nothing less.

i'd put it a little higher than that, like average to above average. Asian McDonald's is a good way to put it though. it seems consistent at least

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 10:55 AM
sometimes I feel like eating cheap junk food. is there something wrong with that??????

IB4OU2
1/16/2008, 10:55 AM
My friend and I went to the new Panda Express in Moore on Saturday. It was ok, but it's no Golden China.

They yelled "Welcome to Panda Express" like they do at Moe's.

Why do they yell that at Moe's?

Partial Qualifier
1/16/2008, 11:21 AM
I'll probably stop there on the way home from work from time to time.

when in Norman, I hit the golden chef on Robinson and I-35 next to subway and 7-11

Dude. I love that place! Try the schzewan beef sometime? It's just the right level of spicy and the veggies and stuff that come with it are really good.

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2008, 11:22 AM

I ate there all of the time when we lived in Albuquerque. Absolutely loved it.

They're also building one across from Tinker.

Maybe that means one will be coming to Edmond soon.

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2008, 11:27 AM
I will agree with this assessment. I'd rather have Pei Wei. ;)

Seriously though, the best Chinese place in Moore is called Golden China. It's on 12th Street. They have Mongorian BBQ

We really like Pei Wei too . . . Hunan's in Stillwater is probably the best we've tried though.

Dang, now I'm hungry for Chinese food.

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 11:29 AM
Dude. I love that place! Try the schzewan beef sometime? It's just the right level of spicy and the veggies and stuff that come with it are really good.

I'll have to try that. I almost always get General Tso's Chicken, extree spicy.

sooner_born_1960
1/16/2008, 11:39 AM
I'm thinking of trying out the messican joint next door to GFF in Moore, but want to hear the collective wisdom of the South Oval before I spend my six bucks. Have any of you eaten there? And did you find the dining experience enjoyable?

yermom
1/16/2008, 11:54 AM
GFF?

are you talking about Alfredo's?

it's ok...

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 12:07 PM
I didn't care for Alfredo's. $8 for a couple of chicken enchilladas is a little pricey to me.

sooner_born_1960
1/16/2008, 01:18 PM
GFF?

are you talking about Alfredo's?

it's ok...
I don't know. GFF is the grocery store on 12th and Sante Fe.

OKC-SLC
1/16/2008, 01:18 PM
Mongorian
Heh.

TD2K: I agree with SBSB--they are a bit pricey what you get with combo and drink, especially given the portions. Pei Wei is better for really not much more $.

Panda is good for one thing--Panda Feast. It's like 2-3 sides, 3-4 entrees (all very big) for $25. But if I'm by myself looking for Chinese, I'd go to Pei Wei.

yermom
1/16/2008, 01:23 PM
I don't know. GFF is the grocery store on 12th and Sante Fe.

i have no idea... i'm guessing if you are talking about $6 then it's probably not Alfredo's. it's the one off the service road, you can see it from I-35

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2008, 01:26 PM
Why do you people insist on eating below-average to average food? Panda Express is OK for what it is.

You answered your own question, Dean.

The value here is really time. Iffin I'm needing some nourishment between appointments twixt OKC and Norman, it is nice that I can get something quick and not FEEL like I have to succumb to a Butter McLard or similar fare...

I said "FEEL" because I couldn't tell you if an order of Pepper Chicken is significantly better for me than the average fast food. It just seems to me that it would be....

1/16/2008, 01:29 PM
There's a little Doleo in all of us....

I don't think I've read a more disturbing sentence.

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 01:31 PM
i have no idea... i'm guessing if you are talking about $6 then it's probably not Alfredo's. it's the one off the service road, you can see it from I-35

Ricky's?

The one here on 23rd by work is decent. typical refried food smothered with "cheese".

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking of trying out the messican joint next door to GFF in Moore, but want to hear the collective wisdom of the South Oval before I spend my six bucks. Have any of you eaten there? And did you find the dining experience enjoyable?Abuelita's is very good. It's right around the corner from my house (12th and Santa Fe) which makes it nice. It's no Tarahumara's, but it's good.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 03:37 PM
Ricky's?

The one here on 23rd by work is decent. typical refried food smothered with "cheese".Meh, I hate Ricky's. It's right there w/ El Chico, but that's just me.

He's talking about Alfredo's. It's the one that didn't serve beer for a while that is just south of Kohl's and all that.

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 03:43 PM
There's not too much to offer close to my work, I end up going to ricky's about once a month or so. It's ok, but not great.

I've only been to Alfredo's once, not too long after they opened. Didn't think much of it.

yermom
1/16/2008, 03:44 PM
Meh, I hate Ricky's. It's right there w/ El Chico, but that's just me.

He's talking about Alfredo's. It's the one that didn't serve beer for a while that is just south of Kohl's and all that.

they sell beer now?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 03:44 PM
In what area are you working now?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 03:45 PM
they sell beer now?I thought I saw it on their sign. I'm still hesitant b/c they were alcohol free in the beginning. Maria's on 5th and Telephone in Moore is the only place who gets by with that in my book.

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 03:47 PM
close to the capital, 23rd and Kelly area. the really good part of town.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2008, 03:50 PM
That's not that far from the 1st Chelino's at SW 36th and Robinson

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 03:50 PM
I like to have a 'rita with my mexican food (I hate beer). not too many places serve em, so I usually hit On the Border or somewhere similar. I know the food isn't great, but the 'ritas are.

TopDaugIn2000
1/16/2008, 03:51 PM
That's not that far from the 1st Chelino's at SW 36th and Robinson

true, but I usually bring my lunch or just go grab something quick. I never take an hour lunch.