PDA

View Full Version : Super Nintendo Kn0wer Ab0uters

Sooner_Havok
11/6/2007, 12:31 AM
What are some good SNES games? I am running on e here folks!

GottaHavePride
11/6/2007, 12:40 AM
Super Mario Kart - old school is the best.
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
F-Zero

TheBobbyTrain
11/6/2007, 12:55 AM
NBA Jam : Tournament Edition
Street Fighter 2
Pilotwings
Final Fight
and a second on the Mario Kart

def_lazer_fc
11/6/2007, 01:08 AM
super mario world is the jam.
but super punch out is where its at

Sooner_Havok
11/6/2007, 01:38 AM
Cool, thanks guys, got a snes emulator and I am "testing" it out

TheLurker
11/6/2007, 08:24 AM
Super Metroid

achiro
11/6/2007, 08:45 AM
You should donate that console to a museum.:D

soonerinabilene
11/6/2007, 09:29 AM
Tecmo Super Bowl, Starfox, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, and Bill Walsh College Football.

OUstud
11/6/2007, 09:30 AM
Donkey Kong Country. I win.

badger
11/6/2007, 10:54 AM
check out mortal kombat - they replaced the blood with "sweat" and made it less violent! :D:D:D

...the game was outsold by the Genesis' version that had blood :(

what else do I know about video game history... oh! DK Country allowed the SNES to continue to compete in the video game console market while Nintendo developed the N64 because it had "awesome graphics." However, the gameplay is... ehh.

Personally, I was a big fan of NBA Jam - enter codes and play as Al Gore or Bill Clinton! However, not Shaq or MJ :(

NormanPride
11/6/2007, 11:14 AM
UN Squadron
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Uniracers

These are all lesser known titles, but great ones. The obvious choices have already been listed in Mario Kart, Starfox, Link to the Past, and Super Metroid. But everyone in this thread fails for not mentioning Kirby Superstar.

garland sooner
11/6/2007, 11:42 AM
dude, Ardmore Sooner and I have recently been playing College Slam (the college version of NBA Jam) for weeks. Whenever we're at the apartment, it's game time. great two person game.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2007, 11:51 AM
WWF RAW,EVO, Final Fantasy 3

Mixer!
11/6/2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.nintendocity.com/pictures/box_scans/nes/tecmo_super_bowl_front.jpg

StoopTroup
11/6/2007, 09:16 PM
I still have my Atari 2600.

GottaHavePride
11/6/2007, 10:12 PM
NBA Jam : Tournament Edition
Street Fighter 2
Pilotwings
Final Fight
and a second on the Mario Kart

****, I totally forgot about Pilotwings. That game rocked.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/6/2007, 10:53 PM
NCAA Basketball was way ahead of its time.

Super Play Action Football was a bit somewhat succy, but you had NFL teams and college teams, although you didn't have an NCAA license. You could even create your own high school teams, with uniform and helmet colors and everything.

Pricetag
11/6/2007, 11:55 PM
NCAA Basketball was way ahead of its time.

Super Play Action Football was a bit somewhat succy, but you had NFL teams and college teams, although you didn't have an NCAA license. You could even create your own high school teams, with uniform and helmet colors and everything.
I played the heck out of both of those games.

If you could get past the "court floating in blue space" look, the rotating and scaling stuff in NCAA Basketball was awesome. Sound effects were great, too. The rosters were based on the 1990-1991 season, I think. I thought I knew which guy was Brent Price and which was Bryan Sallier, even though the names were different.

The college game in Super Play Action Football was greatness. You could create your own 11-game schedule, and there was a Top 25 and bowl games. You could run the wishbone with OU, and they had a super fast tailback who could take it to the house. The programmers didn't yet realize that OU was mediocre, so they were one of the strongest teams in the game. I got to the Banana Bowl every time with them. The names of the private schools were hilarious--Moldy Moss (Ole Miss), Spice (Rice), Runoverya (Columbia), etc.

Osce0la
11/7/2007, 10:17 AM
Tecmo Super Bowl, Starfox, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, and Bill Walsh College Football.
It seriously took 8 posts for this one to be mentioned?

AllAboutThe'O'
11/7/2007, 04:52 PM
I played the heck out of both of those games.

If you could get past the "court floating in blue space" look, the rotating and scaling stuff in NCAA Basketball was awesome. Sound effects were great, too. The rosters were based on the 1990-1991 season, I think. I thought I knew which guy was Brent Price and which was Bryan Sallier, even though the names were different.

The college game in Super Play Action Football was greatness. You could create your own 11-game schedule, and there was a Top 25 and bowl games. You could run the wishbone with OU, and they had a super fast tailback who could take it to the house. The programmers didn't yet realize that OU was mediocre, so they were one of the strongest teams in the game. I got to the Banana Bowl every time with them. The names of the private schools were hilarious--Moldy Moss (Ole Miss), Spice (Rice), Runoverya (Columbia), etc.

Did you also notice, while playing NCAA Basketball, that on LSU's team, Shaquille O'Neal was a white dude and if you played with Duke, Christian Laettner was a black dude? And yeah, I usually shot lights out playing with Brent Price.

Regarding Super Play Action Football, some other cool names were Smart Mouth (Dartmouth) and Two Lanes (Tulane). I also loved, when you played a season with a college team, the newspaper headlines each week, especially the one where several players were arrested for loitering at an all-you-can-eat buffet.