PDA

View Full Version : The stupidest quote you'll ever see.

Rhino
11/5/2007, 05:39 PM
Coach Mike Gundy has been around OSU's football program for years, and he said this is one of the hardest losses he has had to take.

"It's like getting to the World Series and getting swept in four games," Gundy said. "It rips your heart out, but at least you got to the World Series." (http://ocolly.com/2007/11/05/gundy-calls-loss-to-texas-one-of-the-hardest-in-his-time-at-oklahoma-state/) The hell?

Playing Texas is the college football equivalent of playing in the World Series?

bri
11/5/2007, 05:42 PM
I'M A MAN! I HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR COACHING A SH*TTY TEAM!!

Octavian
11/5/2007, 05:44 PM
seems about right for someone that's "been around OSU's football program for years."

Scott D
11/5/2007, 05:48 PM
Well I guess that quote answers usmc's question in that other thread.

bri
11/5/2007, 05:50 PM
I wonder if he went up to Brent Parker after that dropped pass in the end zone against us and said "That's okay, man. Being wide open in the end zone for the game winning score against OU is like getting swept in the World Series. At least you were there...stone hands."

C&CDean
11/5/2007, 05:54 PM
I am ashamed that it says "Oklahoma" in front of "State."

aurorasooner
11/5/2007, 06:01 PM
Playing Texas is the college football equivalent of playing in the World Series? Perhaps Gundy is thinking of the one in Williamsport every year. :D

usmc-sooner
11/5/2007, 06:04 PM
he also said he was unaware that Chris Collins had left the team and that his trial starts tomorrow.

Sooner98
11/5/2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe he was saying that the team that was swept in the World Series at least was able to get to the World Series, unlike OSU, who will NEVER get to the World Series, or at least college football's equivalent. Sort of puzzling why he would say that about his team. :confused:

usmc-sooner
11/5/2007, 06:13 PM
he didn't get anywhere the game is on their schedule every year. So getting embarrassed by the Longhorns, is the aggie equivalent of the World Series. Strange world they live in.

Desert Sapper
11/5/2007, 06:15 PM
he also said he was unaware that Chris Collins had left the team and that his trial starts tomorrow.

He doesn't read the newspaper unless it is brought to him by a mother...of children.

goodonya
11/5/2007, 07:47 PM
I wonder if he went up to Brent Parker after that dropped pass in the end zone against us and said "That's okay, man. Being wide open in the end zone for the game winning score against OU is like getting swept in the World Series. At least you were there...stone hands."

Parker is only allowed to eat with a spoon to this day.

goodonya
11/5/2007, 07:54 PM

Brent is only allowed to eat with a spoon to this day. He and Chris Rockins meet annually to celebrate, UT-style, what might have beeen. "Press On!!!"

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 08:06 PM
BTW...The SuperBowl is evidently in Norman Mike.

ouwasp
11/5/2007, 08:15 PM
Well at least Mike talks at a decent pace. Remember how les would have those dancing eyes as he struggled with the syllables? Except for "LET 'ER RIP!!":les: Those words musta tasted mighty fine as they were shoved into his small intestine. :D

Flying Scotsman
11/5/2007, 08:20 PM
Does Gumby know the difference between baseball and football?

OUAndy1807
11/5/2007, 08:30 PM
Playing Texas (who is on everyone in the South's schedule every year) is like making the postseason in the highest level of professional baseball and winning at least 2 series against teams that are among the best in the league before finally making the finals, in which you are swept by the national title holder?

Yeah, that's how I would describe playing Texas.

Crazy talk.

Charla
11/5/2007, 08:51 PM
Gumby is an Idiot. Maybe next year they will let him start on third base. I realy think he has some good talent the prolem is that his players have a bad coach. And the owner is a complete fool.

TUSooner
11/5/2007, 10:10 PM
I am ashamed that it says "Oklahoma" in front of "State."

TopDawg
11/5/2007, 10:19 PM
Did anybody else hear him say something in the post-game press conference along these lines:

"Well, I like it better than getting beat 48-7."

Spoken like a true disciple of Pat "Moral Victory" Jones.

But at any rate, that quote is still not as stupid as the one Ryan posted. I think what he meant to say was

"It's like making it to some sort of mid-season World Series that you automatically get to go to no matter how bad you are and then you're going up against a good team and you get up 3 games to nothing and are leading by 1 with two outs in the ninth and the bases loaded and then you intentionally walk the next two guys to lose that game and then you lose the next 3. But at least you got to the mid-season automatic World Series that everybody goes to and you got up 3 games to nothing before blowing it."[hairGel]

I think that's what he meant to say.

yur-out
11/5/2007, 10:30 PM
psssst Coach Gumby. You have to EARN your way to the World Series. You got to play texass because you SCHEDULED them. Well at least you scheduled them right? doh! That's right the Big 12 makes them play you. Well at least you got to play them.:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 10:39 PM
Dear Mike....

The World Series is in Austin next year.

Better order your tickets now....I hear all 7 games are on sale right now.

royalfan5
11/5/2007, 11:19 PM
It speaks volumes about the Nebraska staff that they have been abused by these guys twice.

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2007, 11:23 PM
If Gundy ever figures out what sport he's coaching we may be in trouble.

goingoneight
11/5/2007, 11:25 PM
74% of that is inackret... teh other half is meh!!!!111!1 [hairGel]

usmc-sooner
11/5/2007, 11:29 PM
you gotta wonder about a guy who gets fired up about bad journalism but is willing to turn a blind eye to child rape.

that truly makes me wanna puke

SoonerKnight
11/6/2007, 12:40 AM
Dear Gumby,

You need to STFU! You sound more retarded everytime you have your post game comment press conference! You are the coach of one of the worst teams in Div 1-A so STFU!

Thanks in advance,

SoonerKnight :)

Crucifax Autumn
11/6/2007, 01:36 AM
He knows that was the worst collapse in any league or division of football since the oilers blew that huge 35 point or whatever it was lead to the Bills back in the 90s...What a wussy!

Doged
11/6/2007, 02:34 AM
I think Gumby is cool 'cause now we get to play the World Series every year in Dallas. I also think licking razor blades is cool, so I might be a 'lil off on the cool part.

Crucifax Autumn
11/6/2007, 02:54 AM
You too???!!!

SoonerKnight
11/6/2007, 02:58 AM
Gumby is a loser just look at his team!

DeadSolidPerfect
11/6/2007, 07:01 AM
When Gundy was hired he called Halloween U. his "New York Yankees job". Maybe he meant it's his Chicago Cubs job. I don't know, he likes baseball I guess. He sounds more like Yogi Berra all the time.

MiccoMacey
11/6/2007, 10:59 AM
Yogi Gundy?

"I didn't say all the things I said."

toast
11/6/2007, 11:06 AM
Haisten from today's Tulsa World is attempting to take the stupidest comment trophy:

"If Oklahoma State had not blown a 17-point lead at Texas A&M and a pair of 21-point leads against Texas, the Cowboys would be alone at the top of the Big 12 South standings."

blah, blah, blah...ifs and ifs...the typical life of an aggie.

batonrougesooner
11/6/2007, 11:07 AM
When Gundy was hired he called Halloween U. his "New York Yankees job". Maybe he meant it's his Chicago Cubs job. I don't know, he likes baseball I guess. He sounds more like Yogi Berra all the time.

Didn't the Yankees just fire their manager?

MiccoMacey
11/6/2007, 11:08 AM
Two can play that game. IF OU hadn't played one bad quarter @ Colorado ( a much better team than OSU), we'd be #1 in the BCS right now.

Animal Mother
11/6/2007, 01:02 PM
Haisten from today's Tulsa World is attempting to take the stupidest comment trophy:

"If Oklahoma State had not blown a 17-point lead at Texas A&M and a pair of 21-point leads against Texas, the Cowboys would be alone at the top of the Big 12 South standings."

blah, blah, blah...ifs and ifs...the typical life of an aggie.

I just emailed the idiot and told him it should read that if the Cowboys hadn't blown those leads, they wouldn't be the Cowboys.

KingBarry
11/6/2007, 01:49 PM

If by "New York Yankees job" he was referring to a job "so fabulous that a retard like me should never get it," then that would be accurate.

If by "Chicago Cubs job" you mean a job leading a team that is famous for "losing consistently and often, but that is sometimes competitive and at those times is known for consistently and often blowing it," then that is accurate also.

Hmmmmmm. Hard to know exactly which one he meant......

Seamus
11/6/2007, 02:21 PM

Well said.

:D

Seamus
11/6/2007, 02:35 PM
He knows that was the worst collapse in any league or division of football since the oilers blew that huge 35 point or whatever it was lead to the Bills back in the 90s...What a wussy!

Here's an epic collapse. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=243110251) :mack:

This one's (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=253020197) pretty hilarious too. [hairGel]

Scoregasm
11/6/2007, 04:26 PM

Actually it's the worst collapse since their big collapse in Austin a couple of years back.

stoopified
11/6/2007, 06:04 PM
The hell?

Playing Texas is the college football equivalent of playing in the World Series?When you are T.Boone State,playing UT or OU is like THE WORLD SERIES,THE SUPER BOW,BCS TITLE Game,or even just a BCS Bowl game.It is something they dream,hope for, and have only a prayer of ever reaching.

oupride
11/6/2007, 06:32 PM
LET 'ER RIP!!!