11/5/2007, 04:53 PM
OSU 52 Kansas 51.5..this is the kind of game they usually win

EnidHighSooner
11/5/2007, 04:57 PM
KU-35
OSU-17

Sooner1979
11/5/2007, 04:58 PM
OSU will not win this game...They are only going to play hard in one more game this year, and that is against OU...If OSU has nothing to play for, they are much tougher in the OU/OSU game...On the other hand, if they have anything to play for they usually choke it all away...

Fighting Mangino's - 45
Cowchokes - 17

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 04:59 PM
osu still controls its own destiny in the Big XII south. They win out, they win the south. That being said I think they'll come out and give KU everything they can handle and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 42 - 31 poke win.

virginiasooner
11/5/2007, 05:00 PM
KU 42
OSU 10

And I'm being generous.

The Maestro
11/5/2007, 05:14 PM
Kansas has a run pass threat...and a shutdown corner they can stick on Bowman. It will be close for awhile, and then the Pokes will look themselves in the mirror and realize they are OSU...and start making I-Bowl plans again.

mdklatt
11/5/2007, 05:21 PM
KU's defense didn't look so hot against Nebraska. Of course, once the offense hits 50 at the beginning of the 2nd quarter you might relax a little bit as a defensive player. It seems like the sheep shaggers got that Troy loss out of their system and have played everybody close, even in losses. I won't be surprised if it's a close game or blowout either way. What do we really know about KU?

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 05:24 PM
Aqib Talib is good. Roll the safety over and double down on AB and I'll put the over under at 5 catches. Pettigrew will get his touches and Dantrell Savage is a definite difference maker.

Somehow, some way, something tells me these little cockroaches find a way.

TVKaleen
11/5/2007, 05:27 PM
osu still controls its own destiny in the Big XII south. They win out, they win the south. That being said I think they'll come out and give KU everything they can handle and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 42 - 31 poke win.

Are we sure about that? Right now you have Oklahoma atop the Big 12 South with one conference loss. After that you have Texas and OSU tied with 2 losses each. So lets assume Texas wins out. Oklahoma wins against Baylor and Tech and loses to OSU. And OSU wins out.

All three would tied at a record of 6-2 in conference. OSU would own the head to head against us but Texas would own the head to head against OSU. And we would own the head to head against Texas. More importantly OSU will have lost to 2 South Division teams (Texas and aTm) while OU and Texas will have both lost to 1 North team and 1 South team. Isn't the next tie breaker wins against division opponents? If so then, wouldn't that mean OSU is basically no longer in control of their own destiny but instead must rely upon another Texas loss to have a shot at the Big 12 South title?

I could be wrong.. if so I would it if someone would enlighten me.

Chrisrokc
11/5/2007, 05:28 PM
Gumby......

http://www.ls1hp.com/Gundy.jpg

http://www.ls1hp.com/fightingman.jpg

KU 64
OSU 12

:D

NYC Poke
11/5/2007, 05:32 PM
We don't seem to have problems scoring points lately. That give's us a slugger's chance. With our defense, you just never know.

A win would seem par for the season though -- lose to Troy, win against a 9-0 Big XII team.

GoState
11/5/2007, 05:34 PM
JohnnyMack,

I don't think we control our own destiny anymore. If we were to win out (ridiculously large 'if'), UT wins out, and you only lose to us, all three will have two Big 12 losses. OU has a win over UT, UT over us, and OSU over OU in that scenario. Since there would be no clear head to head tiebreak, I believe it goes next to division record. OU and UT would each only have one loss to south division teams, and OU would own that tie break by virtue of your win over UT.

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 05:35 PM
You're right. I had forgotten that okie suck's losses were both south losses.

My bad.

soonervegas
11/5/2007, 05:36 PM
KU 45
OSU 34

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 05:37 PM
I still think they win. I think Dantrell Savage is the difference maker in that one

NYC Poke
11/5/2007, 05:46 PM
I still think they win. I think Dantrell Savage is the difference maker in that one

Savage is a great back. He's difficult to bring down and he's always moving forward. Saturday's game was the first opportunity I've had to see him this season, and his performance was certainly a bright spot. Hopefuly he'll be able to get things going vs. the Jayhawks.

I had read reports about KU having a good D, so I was a little surprised that Nebraska scored 34 on them, especially with Keller out. I didn't see the stat lines for the game (I couldn't look at anything related to college football for a while). How did they get their points?

kevpks
11/5/2007, 05:52 PM
The Pokes should book their hotels in Ft. Worth because they are headed to the Helicopter Bowl, if they're lucky.

KU 62
OSU 42

SoonerRecon
11/5/2007, 05:54 PM
JohnnyMack,

I don't think we control our own destiny anymore. If we were to win out (ridiculously large 'if'), UT wins out, and you only lose to us, all three will have two Big 12 losses. OU has a win over UT, UT over us, and OSU over OU in that scenario. Since there would be no clear head to head tiebreak, I believe it goes next to division record. OU and UT would each only have one loss to south division teams, and OU would own that tie break by virtue of your win over UT.

from the big12sports website:

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

A. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
B. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5. The highest ranked team in the fi rst Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 05:55 PM
How did they get their points?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273072305&confId=4

NYC Poke
11/5/2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks.

I expected to see more garbage points, but it looks like Nebraska kept it competitive until midway through the 2nd Quarter. Nebraska only gained 79 yards rushing, but they only had 23 attempts. I guess you abandon your ground game when you're down by 30. Maybe Callahan wanted to give KU more time to score?

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 06:05 PM
Definitely not garbage yards. KU and NU were both very amped up at the outset of the game. Tackling and assignments weren't that important apparently (you being an okie suck fan knows what that's like) in the game.

KU scored TD's on 10 straight drives though. Insanely efficient and a ton of weapons.

NYC Poke
11/5/2007, 06:11 PM
Definitely not garbage yards. KU and NU were both very amped up at the outset of the game. Tackling and assignments weren't that important apparently (you being an okie suck fan knows what that's like) in the game.

KU scored TD's on 10 straight drives though. Insanely efficient and a ton of weapons.

That's good to hear about their defense. I'll be curious to see what the over/under is for this game. Triple digits?

jdsooner
11/5/2007, 06:13 PM
Jenni Carlson's Alma Mater 55
Mike Gundy's Alma Mater 38

SoonerBOI
11/5/2007, 06:16 PM
KU defense is for real. uso does not play any defense at all. If you want to score against them you will. That being said I give KU 42-uso 29.

rondog79
11/5/2007, 06:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KU defense is for real. uso does not play any defense at all. If you want to score against them you will. That being said I give KU 42-uso 29.

great post very true

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 06:34 PM
NU hung 28 on KU in the first half at Lawrence with a backup QB.

I'm just sayin'.

mdklatt
11/5/2007, 06:52 PM
NU hung 28 on KU in the first half at Lawrence with a backup QB.

I'm just sayin'.

I think their backup is better than Keller.

Mark_of_Tulsa
11/5/2007, 07:22 PM
Gumby......

KU 64
OSU 12

Wow that guy from Mike Tyson Punchout really let himself go.

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 07:25 PM
I'm still not sure how this one will play out, but...I bet Mangino eats Gundy's lunch.

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2007, 07:25 PM
Halftime:
Fighting Manginos 28
Gumby's Goobers 14

Final:
Fighting Manginos 62
Gumby's Goobers 17

Flying Scotsman
11/5/2007, 07:27 PM
What's the Vegas take on this game?

MiccoMacey
11/5/2007, 07:31 PM
OSU will take a commanding 35-14 lead into the halftimes.

KU - 68
OSU - 42

kevpks
11/5/2007, 07:38 PM
Wow that guy from Mike Tyson Punchout really let himself go.

Gundy=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3350/punchoutglassjoeabimevx1.th.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=punchoutglassjoeabimevx1.jpg)

Mangino=http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1294/kinghippozl2.png (http://imageshack.us)

Charla
11/5/2007, 08:02 PM
I think that OSUx will need to rest up for the Sooners so they will lay down. Kansas-52 OSUx-13.

Dan Thompson
11/5/2007, 09:24 PM
I have my computer program work, for the most part - I am having trouble with the Inverse LaPlace Transforms, but the Fibonacci Numbers using The Proof of the Third Identy is just fine. The BS filtering is done using Fast Fourier Analysis and that is also working.

OSU -45
KU - 42

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 09:28 PM
I have my computer program work, for the most part - I am having trouble with the Inverse LaPlace Transforms, but the Fibonacci Numbers using The Proof of the Third Identy is just fine. The BS filtering is done using Fast Fourier Analysis and that is also working.

OSU -45
KU - 42

Hmm..Is your computer interested in voting on football?

Blue
11/5/2007, 09:46 PM
Osu- 31 Ku 27

utex74
11/5/2007, 10:31 PM
Are we sure about that? Right now you have Oklahoma atop the Big 12 South with one conference loss. After that you have Texas and OSU tied with 2 losses each. So lets assume Texas wins out. Oklahoma wins against Baylor and Tech and loses to OSU. And OSU wins out.

All three would tied at a record of 6-2 in conference. OSU would own the head to head against us but Texas would own the head to head against OSU. And we would own the head to head against Texas. More importantly OSU will have lost to 2 South Division teams (Texas and aTm) while OU and Texas will have both lost to 1 North team and 1 South team. Isn't the next tie breaker wins against division opponents? If so then, wouldn't that mean OSU is basically no longer in control of their own destiny but instead must rely upon another Texas loss to have a shot at the Big 12 South title?

I could be wrong.. if so I would it if someone would enlighten me.

That's the way I understand the rules. You and Texas have to lose for OSU to win the south.

Breadburner
11/5/2007, 10:44 PM
Gumby......

KU 64
OSU 12

Look it's Buttergino no it's Manbutter....No it's Manbeano......or is it Manbean or Beangino......

Soonerus
11/5/2007, 10:47 PM
I agree with whoever said this is the kind of game OSU wins, Aggies 41, Mangargantuans 24...

sooneron
11/5/2007, 11:21 PM
Lawrence - 37
stoolwater - 31

SoonerKnight
11/6/2007, 12:42 AM
I got it Gumby starts his rant early and ends up missing the game. The cow Pokers get stomped 76-3. :D

sendbaht
11/6/2007, 12:46 AM
Last week I wanted OSU to beat tx this wek I hope KU beats them by 30.

I want KU in the big 12 Camp game we already beat MU.

goingoneight
11/6/2007, 12:53 AM
Bowman had something like 300 yards on KU last year and all of OSewe's skill players (the ones they brag about) are finally healthy. If Nebraska can score 31 with a backup QB, I'll bet the pokes give KU a game... but I a part of me thinks KU stays alive. I don't know why, but I have had this feeling that they are the Cinderella this year. Which would suck, because that would mean we lose to them in San Antonio.

Crucifax Autumn
11/6/2007, 02:06 AM
KU 73
Pukes 9

SoonerKnight
11/6/2007, 02:09 AM
Bowman had something like 300 yards on KU last year and all of OSewe's skill players (the ones they brag about) are finally healthy. If Nebraska can score 31 with a backup QB, I'll bet the pokes give KU a game... but I a part of me thinks KU stays alive. I don't know why, but I have had this feeling that they are the Cinderella this year. Which would suck, because that would mean we lose to them in San Antonio.

No, it just means that we slap the **** out of Cinderella and smash those glass slippers too! :D

KingBarry
11/6/2007, 11:36 AM
Halftime:
Fighting Manginos 28
Gumby's Goobers 14

Final:
Fighting Manginos 62
Gumby's Goobers 17

That looks just about right. Does a 6-6 pokies team sneak into a bowl?

MextheBulldog
11/6/2007, 11:41 AM
Very interestin' matchup. Hard to believe, but this may be the most talented team KU has played, at least on the offensive side of the ball. I said it last week too - if the OS defense can make some plays, the Pokes definitely have a shot at the upset. But we all know that defense has some major issues. With that being said, KU 37-34.

NYC Poke
11/6/2007, 11:50 AM
That looks just about right. Does a 6-6 pokies team sneak into a bowl?

I don't think so. Our only reason we'd be considered at 6-6 is because we have played some objectively exciting games, and the networks need some angle to promote the crappy bowls.

Outopia
11/6/2007, 12:35 PM
Poke "Dreams" shattered yet again....KU 42 lOSUrs 27.

fadada1
11/6/2007, 12:43 PM
the only way the pokes win is if ku drives north out of kansas.

i see aggie tech scoring a quick 7 or 14, then losing by 50. i also think our defensive coaches learn a thing or two from ku. if ku shuts them down, we should as well.

Blitzkrieg
11/6/2007, 12:45 PM
Ku should be on upset alert. The O/U is 69, that's too low. OSU will score 24+. I think KU scores 30 to 40.

OSU could win this, I give them a 25% chance.

KsSooner
11/6/2007, 12:49 PM
KU 61
OSU 42

fadada1
11/6/2007, 12:49 PM
OSU could win this, I give them a 25% chance.
DUDE!!! NO WAY!!!

i give them one chance in four.

NYC Poke
11/6/2007, 12:52 PM
The O/U is 69, that's too low. OSU will score 24+.

I might take some of that. I think this game is winnable for us. On the other hand, it's not inconceivable to me that KU could cover the over on their own.

snp
11/6/2007, 01:20 PM
osu hasn't been close to stopping a spread offense all year. Against Texas, KSU, and Tech they're allowing an average of 40 points, at home.

KU's defense isn't filled with headliners besides Talib but they play very disciplined and are well coached. The same can't be said for Gundy.

Doged
11/6/2007, 01:40 PM
OSU has the play makers to beat Kansas, but not the coaching. If Gumby eats some bad chicken and is out for the game OSU wins. Otherwise he makes enough bad decisions to put a very steady KU team over the top 42 - 21.

texas bandman
11/6/2007, 01:57 PM
KU - 31
OSU -20

Mangino will stand downfield for all KU offensive plays resulting in KU running downhill. T Boone should have spent more on a field that can't lean.
:)

stoopified
11/6/2007, 06:18 PM
KU 34 T.Boone State 24.

TexasEx4OU
11/6/2007, 06:39 PM
I'm still not sure how this one will play out, but...I bet Mangino eats Gundy.

Fixed...

CitySooner
11/6/2007, 06:39 PM
You know, I will be the biggest Jayhawk fan I can ever be as long as they and the mighty Sooners keep winning. ;) That said, my gut tells me the fairytale comes to and end for the Hungry Manginos this Saturday in Stoolwater. After last weekends collapse to the shorthorns, the man who says he is 40 will have his girls ready to play. KU has yet to play the Greatest Offense in the Universe, so how could they possibly win this game? :rolleyes:

utex74
11/6/2007, 09:09 PM
I posted elsewhere, Okie Lite by 14, give or take 13. They want that taste out of their mouths. (and I mean the taste of defeat, not that other stuff)