PDA

View Full Version : Coach hillbilly joining Fran?

Collier11
11/5/2007, 03:26 PM
Rumors flying that Osborne is asking for resignations, probably setting up a settlement showdown...no link but this is all over the place

royalfan5
11/5/2007, 04:00 PM
Welcome to every week since the Ball State game.

snp
11/5/2007, 04:14 PM
Welcome to every week since the Ball State game.

Yup.

aurorasooner
11/5/2007, 04:17 PM
That Huskerpedia link over at SoonerLynx has been down since early Sun AM. Did they move to another server or are they just in "members only mode"? Both aTm and Nebraska have plenty of funds to be not dicking with a buyout hassle. They both just need to dump them. IMO, TO should've already slashed Clownahan and appointed S. Watson as temporary head coach if nothing else to try and save some of the national recruits. It would be interesting to see how the Nebraska D responds against K-state with the Slash out of the picture even if TO gives Cosgrove until the end of the year. That would be a real azz-kick to even see TO at 70 on the sideline directing traffic this weekend. If that happened and Nebraska beat K-state, their fans would be going absolutely nutz.

The Maestro
11/5/2007, 04:19 PM
For kicks and giggles, aTm and Nebraska should do an episode of "Coach Swap" like the lame *** T.V. show, "Wife Swap" for the rest of the season...just to see what these two clowns can do with the other guys team. Could be the only way the rest of November is interesting for either school.

Crucifax Autumn
11/6/2007, 02:28 AM
LOL...funny stuff!

badger
11/6/2007, 10:47 AM
For kicks and giggles, aTm and Nebraska should do an episode of "Coach Swap" like the lame *** T.V. show, "Wife Swap" for the rest of the season...just to see what these two clowns can do with the other guys team. Could be the only way the rest of November is interesting for either school.
could be a fark board idea. i see Fran's on board already!
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4799/funtopicuf6.jpg
As for Osborne, he looks like he would be willing to try anything to get rid of his annoyance at head football coach:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5378/l8rlsrrs1.jpg
:D

SoonerWally
11/7/2007, 11:33 AM
From an ESPN.com article, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3097421 , "Callahan said Tuesday he would not resign before the season ends, even if he were offered a buyout worth more than he is entitled to by his contract.
"That term 'resignation' is not in our vocabulary," Callahan said.
Pretty sure his team knows it.

fadada1
11/7/2007, 11:37 AM
maybe they'll rehire solich.

kevpks
11/7/2007, 11:38 AM
From an ESPN.com article, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3097421 , "Callahan said Tuesday he would not resign before the season ends, even if he were offered a buyout worth more than he is entitled to by his contract.
"That term 'resignation' is not in our vocabulary," Callahan said.
Pretty sure his team knows it.

Dr. Tom Osborne will be giving Cally a vocabulary lesson soon.

fadada1
11/7/2007, 11:44 AM
let's give it up to nebraska. they're falling right into the trap we fell for 12-14 years ago.

they're in the "reign of terror" right now (luckily it only took us a year to figure it out). they're looking at bringing in turner gill (nearest i can tell, they're serious about it). i see it as the same as the blake hire - staying inthe family. gill is doing a nice job at buffalo, but it's easy to win games against SUNY cortland, colgate, and bucknell. should they hire gill, i give it 4 years before they start eating their young up there.

i feel bad for osborn. there isn't an easy way out of this and now quick solution to pleasing the masses. callahan needs to go. is gill the answer??? imo.... NO.

1- they shouldn't have fired solich.
2- they should have never let polini get away.

Mixer!
11/7/2007, 12:09 PM
So who's to say that they won't hire Pelini back over Gill?

Sooner in Tampa
11/7/2007, 12:14 PM
"That term 'resignation' is not in our vocabulary," Callahan said.Callenberger once again pointing out what a pompous $h!thead he really is...I think he is the most hated man in neb right now and he is thumbing his nose at all of them.

:D Good to see...the end is nowhere in sight for bugeaters.

sooneron
11/7/2007, 12:17 PM
let's give it up to nebraska. they're falling right into the trap we fell for 12-14 years ago.

they're in the "reign of terror" right now (luckily it only took us a year to figure it out). they're looking at bringing in turner gill (nearest i can tell, they're serious about it). i see it as the same as the blake hire - staying inthe family. gill is doing a nice job at buffalo, but it's easy to win games against SUNY cortland, colgate, and bucknell. should they hire gill, i give it 4 years before they start eating their young up there.

i feel bad for osborn. there isn't an easy way out of this and now quick solution to pleasing the masses. callahan needs to go. is gill the answer??? imo.... NO.

1- they shouldn't have fired solich.
2- they should have never let polini get away.
Big difference between Gill and Blake. Gill is a HC, he was also a coordinator. Boo was neither before returning to Norman for the HC job. That said, I am not sure if Gill is the right person for the job at this time. Maybe later, but not now. We'll see.:pop:

OklahomaTuba
11/7/2007, 12:18 PM
I Really hope they hire wiskey's old coach.

It would be the dumbest move ever.