PDA

View Full Version : How bout Jim Ross doing the lineup intro?

OUmillenium
11/5/2007, 12:50 PM
My wife, who is not a wrestling fan, loved it.

I thought it was really cool, but I was a MidSouth wrestling fan back in the early 80s. Not into the modern silliness that is the WWE.

Wonder how having Jim Ross on the sidelines affects recruiting? Positive/Negative?

Cooler than the other side of the pillow...

The Maestro
11/5/2007, 12:53 PM
Does he/Did he always talk like he is taking a grumpy? His face looked like he was dropping off a chocolate hostage. I thought it was a bit strange.

redblood
11/5/2007, 12:54 PM
Sorry but I had never heard of the guy What makes him any more special than me?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:55 PM
I thought he did a good job. It would be cool if he had Steve Austin do it

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:57 PM
Does he/Did he always talk like he is taking a grumpy? His face looked like he was dropping off a chocolate hostage. I thought it was a bit strange.

He has Bell's Palsy and it jacked his face up

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2007, 12:59 PM
He does a pretty good jorb on the BBQ front too

OUmillenium
11/5/2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry but I had never heard of the guy What makes him any more special than me?

NOOB

SoonerJack
11/5/2007, 01:03 PM
I've never heard of him and was wondering who in the world he was.

How about they use that one really cute cheerleader with the short blond hair?

The Maestro
11/5/2007, 01:03 PM
He has Bell's Palsy and it jacked his face up

Great...now I just feel bad. Sorry...I thought it was part of his wrestling act...never saw him on WWE. My apologies and great job by JR in spite of what he has been through.

The Maestro
11/5/2007, 01:04 PM
Speaking of, if we play OSU on ABC I wish we could get Brent Parker to do the OU lineups for that game. I know a guy who plays softball with him in Tulsa...that would be HIGH-larious!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 01:07 PM
It actually has improved quite a bit. When he first got back on air after his first bout with it, I jumped when I saw his face. Sometimes its better and sometimes its not so good.

I know its pro wrestling, but I love to go just to hear him walk into American Airlines Center with Boomer Sooner blaring and giving the hang 'em horns.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 01:08 PM
Speaking of, if we play OSU on ABC I wish we could get Brent Parker to do the OU lineups for that game. I know a guy who plays softball with him in Tulsa...that would be HIGH-larious!

That would be great..."Dropping passes for OSU..Adarius Bowman"

SoonerStormchaser
11/5/2007, 01:11 PM
How about they use that one really cute cheerleader with the short blond hair?

You mean this one?
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/Big%2012/stunnedsoonercheerleaders.jpg[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

Wishboned
11/5/2007, 01:12 PM
I think his introduction has been the best so far this season.

I'd kind of like to see James Garner do one this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 01:12 PM
If JR was calling the game when Lofton laid down that hit on Goodson it would have been something like
"Good God Almighty!! Good God Almighty!! That...That...That...near killed him!!! "

Dan Thompson
11/5/2007, 01:15 PM
How about Jason White or AD

Wishboned
11/5/2007, 01:18 PM

I think Jason already did one.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/5/2007, 01:24 PM
I know its pro wrestling, but I love to go just to hear him walk into American Airlines Center with Boomer Sooner blaring and giving the hang 'em horns.

It is even better when they are at the Erwin Center in Austin to Boomer Sooner and he comes out with the Horns down to the UT faithful.

The Maestro
11/5/2007, 01:25 PM
Isn't the latest Miss America from OU? I know Oklahoma, but I thought I read she was an OU student or had been.

SoonerStormchaser
11/5/2007, 01:41 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper962/stills/rsl7zhk2.jpg

Chick in the back (Miss America 2006) went to OU...chick in the front (Miss America 2007) went to OCU, I believe.

Breadburner
11/5/2007, 02:09 PM
I have to say I don't care for it no matter who does it...Most of them have sucked including OU SaxeT.....I hope they get it out of their system soon....

OUmillenium
11/5/2007, 02:09 PM
Jennifer(MA 2006) is also a Jenks grad, MA 2007 is from Lawton

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2007, 02:25 PM
QUOTE]

Now THAT's good BBQ!

Scott D
11/5/2007, 02:57 PM

Jason White did one earlier this year, it was terrible. Not as terrible as the "Boomer and Bevo" one from the RRS, but terrible nonetheless.

Also, in regards to Ross, he had two separate Bell's Palsy "attacks" the first affected one side of his face, the second one I believe was 2 years later and affected the other side of his face. He's made a lot of progress physically since the second occurance.

swardboy
11/5/2007, 03:05 PM
JR was great. I'd like to see King Switzer do a line-up....that could be entertaining.

bri
11/5/2007, 03:27 PM
I marked out big for JR doing the opening lineups. But hell, they could get Calvin to do the lineups and I'd love it just 'cause it means Toby Keith is nowhere near my TV screen.

jwlynn64
11/5/2007, 03:43 PM
Saw him at half time when I was coming back from the loo. Almost let him enjoy his smoke but decided I wasn't likely to see him up close again so I asked if he would mind if I took a photo. Someone near him was about to ask me to get on my way but he spoke up and said "I'll take care of this" and then he struck this pose.

http://www.thelynnfamily.net/jr.jpeg

Noticed immediately that it was fuzzy but decided not to beat him down enough to ask for a redo. He didn't have to let me take his photo so I have a pretty good impression of him right now.

MamaMia
11/5/2007, 03:56 PM
I didn't know who he was, but I liked his use of the nicknames. I found him to be amusing. :)

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2007, 04:09 PM
I didn't know who he was, but I liked his use of the nicknames. I found him to be amusing. :)

I liked Sam "The Big Easy" Bradford. That one should stick. He really is calm back there and reminds me of Ernie "The Big Easy" Els' golf swing. It also fits the fact that Sam is a scratch golfer.

Much props.

TMcGee86
11/5/2007, 04:18 PM
Man I did not know that about the Bells Palsy. I was wondering why it seemed weird.

I thought he did the best job I have seen of anyone. He was more fluid and entertaining than anyone I have seen do it.

That being said, it's still the worst idea evar and I wish it would end nao kplzthx.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 04:23 PM
I marked out big for JR doing the opening lineups. But hell, they could get Calvin to do the lineups and I'd love it just 'cause it means Toby Keith is nowhere near my TV screen.

Oh I did too..I just started yelling STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

Sooner24
11/5/2007, 06:28 PM
I thought he did a good job. It would be cool if he had Steve Austin do it

I saw Stone Cold yesterday at TMS. He introduced the top ten starters before the race. When he finished he said "And that's the bottom line cuz Stone Cold says so!" :D

FirstandGoal
11/5/2007, 11:45 PM
Have they had Brian Bosworth do one yet? That could be highly entertaining as well.

goingoneight
11/6/2007, 01:21 AM
I liked how he called Auston English a "slobber-knocker." That was awesome, and I think wrestling is teh succc.

goingoneight
11/6/2007, 01:32 AM
Bob Stoops introduces the starting lineup on offense:

"Hello, thanks for your time and being here and all... I'm Coach Bob Stoops, as many of you know and I'm gonna go ahead and introduce our starting lineup here for ya.

Well it starts with a guy who's just played in a great way at quarterback in Sam Bradford... he's gonna be handing off to a number of guys who are really very talented and just a lotta fun to coach, headlined by Allen Patrick.

When he wants to throw the ball, he better darn well throw it on a line because we can't afford turnovers... at least when he throws, he's throwing to a really good... guy named Malcom Kelly.

He's got all the protection he needs along the O-line, which starts up front with Jon Cooper and a lot of guys who are just built in a really great way."

Barry Switzer on the defense:

Howdy folks, Coach Switzer here to introduce the starting lineup for Oklahoma's defense.

He's a crowd pleaser and makes me happier than a pig eatin' ****... the mean man Auston English is a big ol' sumbitch with a thirst for making a play.

He ain't alone in his hard-hittin' ways... we got a pretty good guy who likes to hit... I'm tellin' ya this Curtis Lofton is a damn man.

We got some pretty good hands on offense and it stretched to the defensive side of the ball with speedsters Reggie Smith and D.J. Wolfe... lemme tell ya somethin'... throw on these guys if ya dare... they're purty damn good and stuff."

Dexter Manley introduces OSU's starting lineup:

"X"

RacerX
11/6/2007, 08:28 AM

Chick in the back (Miss America 2006) went to OU...chick in the front (Miss America 2007) went to OCU, I believe.

UCO not OCU.

sooner-n-ga
11/8/2007, 08:17 PM
They should let me

The Rated "R" Superstar

do the next one !

Stitch Face
11/8/2007, 08:28 PM
They should let me

The Rated "R" Superstar

do the next one !

"Hi, I'm sooner-n-ga, and I'm going to introduce OU's starting lineup. But first can anyone tell me a good place to eat after the game?"

OUTromBoNado
11/8/2007, 11:49 PM
Ah, good ol' JR. I was part of the pep band that played for him at the RAW Christmas show in OKC in 2002. That was awesome.

goingoneight
11/9/2007, 12:36 AM
It would be awesome if CBS lent ESPN good ole Spencer Tillman for a lineup intro.

"Welcome everyone to the Cathedral of college football, I'm Spencer Tillman and here's the Oklahoma Sooners starting lineup."

Jimminy Crimson
11/9/2007, 03:18 PM
Lauren Nelson (2007) went to OU and then UCO.

StoopTroup
11/9/2007, 03:27 PM
Let Sheri do one.

r5TPsooner
11/9/2007, 04:44 PM
Too bad OU doesn't offer good ole JR the OU Football radio announcing job and get that old hack Bob Barry out the door.

Landthief 1972
11/9/2007, 05:08 PM
I hate the starting lineup crap, because instead of doing it in pregame, I have to sit through it while they invariably overlap it over an ongoing play during the game. And the people they get to do it, more times than not, just make complete jackasses of themselves.

r5TPsooner
11/9/2007, 06:54 PM
I'd like to see former players only do it who had success at there particular schools. Seems like a nice way to bring back former alumni to the fold.

soonersn2007
11/9/2007, 07:00 PM
I think JR has actually had two bouts of Bell's Palsy, considering the physical retraining to be able to basically re-learn to talk is admireable. His pride of OU is true blue.