PDA

View Full Version : Rhett Bomar

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:33 PM
Possibly out for the year with a knee injury suffered this weekend...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:34 PM
OU-ex Bomar injures knee, could be out for year at Sam Houston
HUNTSVILLE, Texas — Former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar injured his left knee in Sam Houston State's 16-13 win over Nicholls State on Saturday night and is likely out for the season.

Bomar, who was kicked off the team at Oklahoma last year for breaking NCAA rules, injured the knee on a draw play with less than 2 minutes to play until halftime. Bomar kept the ball and ran toward the left sideline, where he was hit after a three-yard gain.

He will be evaluated early next week, a school official said.

The Sooners dismissed Bomar and former teammate J.D. Quinn before last season after revelations that they were paid for hours they never worked at a car dealership in Norman, Okla.

Bomar transferred to Sam Houston, and Quinn, an offensive lineman, went to Montana. Both sat out last season.

The Bearkats were 4-4 in Bomar's eight full games as the starter. He was 10-of-16 for 159 yards when he left with the injury, giving him 2,209 passing yards this season. He has 10 touchdowns and six interceptions.

Before Saturday, Bomar was the team's second-leading rusher with 380 yards and seven TDs. He had 26 rushing yards against Nicholls.

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2007, 12:45 PM
I honestly didn't think Bomar was that great a QB. I think you got the better deal with PT and certainly a better deal with Bradford.

Boomer.....
11/5/2007, 12:46 PM
Too bad for him. I never like seeing anyone get hurt, especially if it is season-ending.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah I kinda feel bad for the kid. He s gonna be a senior next year with only one full season of playing under his belt.

On the Bomar-Bradford comparison, I dont have any problems believing that Bomar would probably not be sitting at 25-5 in touchdowns to INTS this season if he was still at OU.

freshchris05
11/5/2007, 12:53 PM
heres to a speedy recovery

Wishboned
11/5/2007, 12:56 PM
I hate to see players injured.

I hope he is able to fully recover from this, and that he has a successful season next year.

Dio
11/5/2007, 01:29 PM
Tough break for him, but is Brett Romar ok?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 01:30 PM
Tough break for him, but is Brett Romar ok?

Yeah he is still playing in Bob Barry and Keith Jackson World:D

Ash
11/5/2007, 01:59 PM
Hate to hear that, even for an all-world turd like Bomar. Hope he gets better soon.

One thing, though, why is he still "ex-OU quarterback"? He's long gone and enrolled at another school.

Nobody says ex-ASU quarterback Sam Keller. :rolleyes:

Seamus
11/5/2007, 02:11 PM
Meh, I'm sure Sam Houston can find someone to throw 10 TD passes a year.

Seriously, I hope the young man recovers. He screwed up, but he found contrition.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 02:14 PM
Hate to hear that, even for an all-world turd like Bomar. Hope he gets better soon.

One thing, though, why is he still "ex-OU quarterback"? He's long gone and enrolled at another school.

I guess because its a bit more prestigous to be the ex OU QB than the Current Sam Houston ST QB:)

DreamZ22
11/5/2007, 02:17 PM
I heard that he got hurt picking up a check that I worked for!!! Dang how things get twisted!!!

aurorasooner
11/5/2007, 02:26 PM
On the Bomar-Bradford comparison, I dont have any problems believing that Bomar would probably not be sitting at 25-5 in touchdowns to INTS this season if he was still at OU. The way our OL is pass blocking this year vs 2005, I don't think it's unrealistic to say that Bomar would have 25 TD throws, however I don't think there's any way Bomar would have 5 picks to go along with 25 TDs, probably closer to a dozen (or more), because he would've never listened to Heupel and continued gunslinging.

Curly Bill
11/5/2007, 03:33 PM
I think Bomar would have worked out just fine here as a QB, though for OUr sake I'm glad it didn't because now we have Sam. That being said: I feel little remorse for him that he'll be a senior next year with little playing experience...it didn't have to be that way, and it's entirely his own fault, and if it should cost him a possible NFL career then that's his own fault too.

...and yeah I know the injury's not his fault, I wouldn't wish that on him, and I do hope he gets better.

Curly Bill
11/5/2007, 03:34 PM
I guess because its a bit more prestigous to be the ex OU QB than the Current Sam Houston ST QB:)

No question about it!

sendbaht
11/5/2007, 03:40 PM
I wish him well.

stoopified
11/5/2007, 03:56 PM
Who?

Blitzkrieg
11/5/2007, 03:56 PM

There's nothing to talk about!

TUSooner
11/5/2007, 04:07 PM
Who?
'Zat clear it up for ya?

I hope he recovers fully, gets his act togther, and has a successful career.

soonerloyal
11/5/2007, 04:49 PM
Praying he heals quickly and completely. I wish him the best.

StormySooner-IN
11/5/2007, 05:44 PM
Tough break for him, but is Brett Romar ok?He should be okay for the Fiesta Bowl rematch against Tulsa.....

Charla
11/5/2007, 10:39 PM
I guess he could always get a job selling cars if he can't return to football and maybe even run an add in Frankaronis newspaper. Well I don't know maybe Fagonly will be lookin' for a job as well.

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 10:45 PM
Hope he heals up OK....

Might as well view some training videos while your recovering Rhett....

Intense Training (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQ8DkNadYY)

goingoneight
11/5/2007, 11:19 PM

It's also more prestigious to be ex-ASU QB than to be current Callafran QB. :D

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2007, 11:21 PM
He better hope JD Quinn isn't getting paid to be his physical therapist.

goingoneight
11/5/2007, 11:21 PM
Seriously though... hope he gets better soon. I know well how badly an injured knee farks with your athleticism and general freedom.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/6/2007, 11:17 PM
It's a good thing Stoops give him the boot when he did!

r5TPsooner
11/6/2007, 11:29 PM
Too bad it wasn't a head injury because maybe that would have wised him up a bit.

Personally I hate to see any student-athlete get injured, but in his case, I really don't give a damned!

pott_2
11/7/2007, 05:18 AM
oooohhhh!! Its Rhett Bomar.