PDA

View Full Version : How about that Lofton to Goodson hit?!?

achiro
11/5/2007, 12:17 PM
I hope it's ok to post a football thread here that doesn't have BCS, okie-state, texass, or AD in the subject matter.

Ayway, how about that hit! Nice to see, seems like we don't get to see many like that from OU's D. They usually break down and square up just before they tackle(so to not over pursue I'm sure). I know they said Goodson was "suspended" for the first half but it didn't seem like he had many carries in the second half, wonder if that shook him up enough to stay out much of the rest of the game?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:20 PM
I told my wife he wishes he was back on the sideline after that hit..

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 12:20 PM
When Lewis Baker did the "night-night" pose right afterwards I giggled.

achiro
11/5/2007, 12:21 PM
When Lewis Baker did the "night-night" pose right afterwards I giggled.
I did too, pretty loudly.:D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:26 PM
Overall, I really think this year's team is a pretty good tackling team, maybe the best in a few years.

The one thing that I like about Lofton is how he sheds blockers. Rufus last year and some of our other big time linebackers with all of their talent, would have trouble making plays in traffic. A fullback or a lineman would reach the second level and they could not shake them. But Lofton seems to fight through them and make the play

OUmillenium
11/5/2007, 12:48 PM
That was an awesome hit! You can hear it on the tv. I will have to play it back again to see the night/night thing!

SouthFortySooner
11/5/2007, 01:25 PM
Hear, hear. I usually don't get too pumped if the running back has already been hindered and someone gets a hit on them, but, the WELCOME to the game aspect of that hit was allsome.

Animal Mother
11/5/2007, 02:03 PM
Did you see his eyes on the replay ?? He had them slammed shut so tight you couldn't have pulled them open with a 24' pair of Channelocks.

swardboy
11/5/2007, 03:08 PM
Did you see his eyes on the replay ?? He had them slammed shut so tight you couldn't have pulled them open with a 24' pair of Channelocks.

That is so true. Don't mess with Curtis [hairGel] ....HE'S A MAN!!!

Curly Bill
11/5/2007, 03:11 PM
When Lofton was being recruited I think Rivals referred to him as a heat seeking missle. He sure looked it on that play. Made me jump up out of the recliner...and that's no easy task.