PDA

View Full Version : Today's Creep Out

VeeJay
11/5/2007, 11:55 AM
A good friend of mine here at the Work 20 - in fact, the guy who recommended me for this job, asked me if I would be interested in renting his son's house nearby. The house is fully furnished. I have seen it and it's an older, smaller house and well, it's not what I want or need.

I am living temporarily in an apt. until we can all (my family) get relocated here. It's taking longer than I'd like, but we're dealing with it. I am content with what I am doing for the time being.

My friend has his son's house for sale and he said by the end of the year if it hasn't sold, he's thinking of renting it.

The big thing here is his son committed suicide back in July - in the house! I don't know all the details but the day it happened we had heard the house was a bad mess, meaning he shot himself.

My friend is going through a bad grieving process, and is just now trying to sort out his son's property.

Still, I was very uncomfortable in the conversation. I knew this young man, too. Not well, but we had met.

How in the hell would I feel all alone in that house, sleeping in that man's bed, sitting on the furniture where he sat, etc?

That is creepy. :(

Oldnslo
11/5/2007, 11:58 AM
That's why I say, "Hey, man, nice shot".

soonerbrat
11/5/2007, 12:36 PM
ewww...is he going to tell whoever rents the place?

who the heck cleans up those messes?

Boomer.....
11/5/2007, 12:45 PM
You hire it done.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 12:46 PM
I was looking at buying a house a few years ago that was a pretty nice looking house. Everything in the house was brand new and the walls were all freshly painted. But I noticed some weird symbols bleeding through the white paint in several rooms. Anyway I start asking questions and found out the house did belong to a satan worshipper who killed himself in the house.

Needless to say, I ended up backing out of that deal rather quickly

LilSooner
11/5/2007, 12:54 PM
ewww...is he going to tell whoever rents the place?

who the heck cleans up those messes?

I think that there are cleaning company's that deal with just that. I would definitely would not want that job.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/5/2007, 01:02 PM
Creepy. A friend of mine's mother in law committed suicide and her son ended up cleaning up the mess. I don't know if that's just because he did it before the cleaning people got there though.

I definitely would pass on living in the house since you know the story.

sooner_born_1960
11/5/2007, 01:18 PM
Is it priced to sell? That would probably make for a good investment for someone.

OUDoc
11/5/2007, 01:25 PM
People still rent (own?) Sean Sellers' parents' duplex in Summit Place. I used to live around the corner from it while I was in med school. I wonder if the people living there know it?

VeeJay
11/5/2007, 01:37 PM
Is it priced to sell? That would probably make for a good investment for someone.

It's in a small town. Everybody around there knows the scoop.

royalfan5
11/5/2007, 01:49 PM
It's in a small town. Everybody around there knows the scoop.
Is it a moveable structure? Buy it cheap and send it elsewhere.

IB4OU2
11/5/2007, 02:02 PM
No problem...I live (until we move to Tulsa in a few weeks) in a 114 year old home formerly owned by a doctor and our property adjoins the town cemetary. My den used to be his office/operating room....

OUWxGuesser
11/5/2007, 02:13 PM
Our house is going on 120 years old... sometimes while we are sitting downstairs we hear a sound like our cats jumping down from a closet (or someone walking upstairs). Only problem is both of them were in plain sight of us at the time.

IB4OU2
11/5/2007, 02:22 PM
No problem...I live (until we move to Tulsa in a few weeks) in a 114 year old home formerly owned by a doctor and our property adjoins the town cemetary. My den used to be his office/operating room....

Oh and one of the doors to the den was an exit and goes to a trail straight to the cemetary....

Mjcpr
11/5/2007, 04:33 PM
He must've been a crappy doctor.

OUDoc
11/5/2007, 04:43 PM
He must've been a crappy doctor.
What?

Howzit
11/5/2007, 04:52 PM
:les: HE SAID HE MUST HAVE BEEN A CRAPPY DOCTOR!!!!1

Tulsa_Fireman
11/5/2007, 05:33 PM
Our house is going on 120 years old... sometimes while we are sitting downstairs we hear a sound like our cats jumping down from a closet (or someone walking upstairs). Only problem is both of them were in plain sight of us at the time.

Dude, that's totally a ghost and stuff.

Your house is possessed.

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 05:57 PM
All of those houses must be cleaned.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/57/159141227_34fc9b96e8.jpg