PDA

View Full Version : Best thing about OU-aTm telecast...

soonerboy_odanorth
11/5/2007, 11:09 AM
Ron Franklin on pbp.

I think he's the best out there... Love his calls.

Animal Mother
11/6/2007, 05:52 PM
I believe part it of comes from him living in this part of the world. He doesn't have a pool cue up his chute because he thinks he dials in higher on the evolutionary chain than the local indigenous personnel of the area.

CitySooner
11/6/2007, 06:08 PM
No contest. He is the best on the air today. He keeps focused on the game like it means something to him. Very keen eye and savvy commentary. ESPN could use him as a role model for all of their dolts.:mad:

snp
11/6/2007, 07:15 PM
Mike Patrick can't hold Ron Franklin's jock, err, microphone.

TUSooner
11/6/2007, 07:19 PM
Oh, c'mon. Franklin's PBP leaves nothing to the imagination. Where's the fun in that, compared to BBSr, where you get to guess a little on every play? :D

Blue
11/6/2007, 07:52 PM
Mike Patrick can't hold Ron Franklin's jock, err, microphone.

I HATE MIKE PATRICK.

SeattleOUstudent
11/6/2007, 09:37 PM
Um, I felt left out on what the fans were really thinking without our buddy, Knoxy.

SoonerKnight
11/6/2007, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure about the best thing. My wife recorded the game for me then when it went to half time she thought it was over and stopped recording. :mad: I had to work.

snp
11/7/2007, 12:43 AM
I HATE MIKE PATRICK.

Because of this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZUB3eJOTos)

SoonerEmpire
11/7/2007, 02:15 AM
Because of this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZUB3eJOTos)

That was the most irrelevant comment I've ever heard from a broadcast announcer during a football game. The guy that did that Alabama/Georgia game is a moron! :rolleyes:

I do like Ron Franklin though. He usually does a pretty good job during his telecasts. He did mess up a couple times though. I was at the game, but also had the game recorded for me as well. I remember when I watched the game the next day at home, Franklin referred to Malcolm Kelly as "Michael" Kelly a time or two.

I can't help it, but I like Brad Nessler too. While he does say some dumb things, he's not near as bad as a lot of the rest of them, and he has an excellent voice for being a broadcast announcer (that's something I pay attention to, as I used to be a DJ for 5 years). As far as just doing a good job though, I'd have to say Franklin is the best from the announcers that I've heard.

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 03:33 AM
I hate 'em all.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/7/2007, 05:00 PM
I see Brent Musburger is doing the play-by-play on Kansas-OSU this Saturday.

This is how crazy this college football season has been: Musburger seeing those two teams play before he does one of our games.

Blues1
11/7/2007, 05:53 PM
I see Brent Musburger is doing the play-by-play on Kansas-OSU this Saturday.

This is how crazy this college football season has been: Musburger seeing those two teams play before he does one of our games.

What time and channel on this game..?? - Why search the internet When I have all you guy's to tell me.... :)

Rock On' -- :D

lovesOU
11/7/2007, 06:08 PM
The announcers predicted the flare-up that occurred in the 3rd quarter. You rarely see announcers savvy enough to make this kind of prediction.

I never did learn why they called the penalty against OU. I thought perhaps it was Kelly's hand swipe to Carpenter during the play.

TopDawg
11/7/2007, 06:22 PM
That was the most irrelevant comment I've ever heard from a broadcast announcer during a football game. The guy that did that Alabama/Georgia game is a moron! :rolleyes:

This may not make any difference in the final analysis (he may still be considered a moron), but I think he was trying to be ironic. Here we are, in a tight ball game like that with all this tension and the furthest thing from anybody's mind is Brittany Spears. So he brings it up to be kinda goofy. If his partner would've understood what he was doing he could've just given him a courtesy laugh and it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but since he had to explain it all to his partner, it really made the whole thing a lot more stupid than ironic.

TopDawg
11/7/2007, 06:25 PM
First, lemme say that I think Franklin is great too. I posted it on here years ago about how much I enjoyed watching the basketball games he called. He's got mad skillz.

But when this part happened:

The announcers predicted the flare-up that occurred in the 3rd quarter. You rarely see announcers savvy enough to make this kind of prediction.

I never did learn why they called the penalty against OU. I thought perhaps it was Kelly's hand swipe to Carpenter during the play.

I thought he let his longhorn-ness get the better of him. He was being pretty hard on OU when it seemed pretty clear (even to his partner) that both sides were being pretty chippy.