PDA

View Full Version : How about that Cade Davis?

brown town sooner
11/5/2007, 12:39 AM
I know Blake is the freshman everyone is talking about but how about Cade Davis? He showed a little something the other night I think and I think Sooner fans are going to fall in love with this kid. Think Ryan Minor only faster and perhaps a little more athletic. Can't wait to see what Cade's able to do the rest of the season. One thing is for sure...the Sooners no doubt will be much better this season.:D

stoopified
11/5/2007, 10:06 AM
I know Blake is the freshman everyone is talking about but how about Cade Davis? He showed a little something the other night I think and I think Sooner fans are going to fall in love with this kid. Think Ryan Minor only faster and perhaps a little more athletic. Can't wait to see what Cade's able to do the rest of the season. One thing is for sure...the Sooners no doubt will be much better this season.:DI think you are right.Wth Blake(THE BEAST) on the team to keep L2 from getting beat to death inside,we will be better able to go inside -out.That is where athletic guys like Cade,Crocker and Godbold will benfit.They won't have to force shots (especially from outside) and we should be a better shooting team.I think Crocker,Godbold,Leary,Johnson and Davis all should be able to shot a decent3pt %(around 35% OR BETTER) IF we have at least average point guard play.

OUmillenium
11/5/2007, 11:08 AM
Good points by stoopified.

Starting to get really fired up AND optimistic about the season. I was getting fired up before but now I am starting to believe we can make some waves in the conference and hopefully get into the dance.

runner1182
11/5/2007, 02:20 PM
yeah i went to the game friday and was very happy to see cade go off for a few points, he was all over the place and he can drive and shoot,rebound very athletic i think he will have a good freshman season

boomersooner28
11/5/2007, 03:25 PM
I know Blake is the freshman everyone is talking about but how about Cade Davis? He showed a little something the other night I think and I think Sooner fans are going to fall in love with this kid. Think Ryan Minor only faster and perhaps a little more athletic. Can't wait to see what Cade's able to do the rest of the season. One thing is for sure...the Sooners no doubt will be much better this season.:D

Ahhhh....a little Elk City love.

brown town sooner
11/5/2007, 11:38 PM
ya gotta love it. The thing about Cade is he is a gamer. He will step his game up to the competition around him. I've seen him do it time and time again and have no reason to believe he won't do it in college. I think the Sooners have a real shot at making the dance this year. Maybe as a lower seed but I think they can put it together enough to get to the show.

Condescending Sooner
11/6/2007, 05:13 PM
I think Cade is going to be good as well, but more athletic than Ryan Minor? Better wait a while before making that claim.

brown town sooner
11/11/2007, 08:06 PM
Got a chance to see Cade play Thursday night. He actually started. Looked scared to death to start the game but once he settled down he did fine. Had six points, a steal and drew a charge. He was only 1 of 4 from 3 point range and I know he probably wasn't happy with that. I think given time he'll start to relax and the game will slow down for him.

I will say this....it was the first time I have seen Griffin in person and all I have to say is HOLY S@#$. He's a true freshman and Thursday night he was clearly the best player on the floor for both teams. He didn't play as well Friday night but the kid is going to be an amazing college player. I like his attitude too. He rejected some dude from San Fran and then promptly stared the guy down for about 10 seconds. Very impressive stuff. Sooners are definitely going to be better this season.

As for the athletic comment concerning Ryan Minor...let me say this. I believe Cade is probably more of an athletic basketball player than Ryan was. We'll leave it at that.

msteudem
11/13/2007, 03:36 PM
Cade looks pretty good so far. I went to the first expedition game and on one of his first plays, Cade drove the baseline, beat the defender, then went for the dunk. Unfortunately the ball didn't get above the rim and the rim rejected the ball. I am sure it was nerves. It was kinda of funny though. He got a good dunk in last night against Alcorn St. though.

Ash
11/13/2007, 03:42 PM
Cade clearly has some talent, but obviously still needs to get his feet under him.

I'm looking for him to improve and be a contributor as the season goes on.

Collier11
11/13/2007, 04:12 PM
I think Cade is going to be good as well, but more athletic than Ryan Minor? Better wait a while before making that claim.

More athletic easily, better overall will be tough!

Condescending Sooner
11/13/2007, 04:23 PM
No, not more athletic easily. Ryan could run as well as Cade, and I never saw Ryan get rejected by the rim on a dunk.

Collier11
11/13/2007, 04:27 PM
I would gaurantee that Ryan didnt have the lateral movement and vertical of Cade

brown town sooner
11/14/2007, 06:25 PM
I agree with Collier 11 on this one. Trust me...I've seen both play and I've seen every game Cade has played in since 9th Grade. As for the rejection from the rim....I guarantee you that was a fluke. I lost count a long time ago the number of bigtime slams he's had. The feed to Griffin the other night against Alcorn was just a small sample of what he's going to be able to do before it's all said and done. Did Minor play his freshman year or did he redshirt? I can't recall. I think it will be interesting to compare stats of the two at the end of the season. I know stats can kind of be scued but it might be a pretty good indication of the comparison of the two.

Condescending Sooner
11/14/2007, 06:40 PM
Ryan played as a true freshman. I doubt that Cade has a better vertical than Ryan. I don't know why people under rate Ryan's athleticism. Remember he also won a nationial championship in baseball. He could dunk any way he wanted. In the all-college tournament, he dunked a missed FREE-THROW.

Collier11
11/14/2007, 10:45 PM
im not underrating ryans athleticism and im not saying cade will be better, that would take alot for cade to be better. I just think cade is a better overall athlete than ryan ever was

brown town sooner
11/14/2007, 11:07 PM
Condescending...I'm not underrating Ryan's athleticism either...I got to watch him play several times too as a high school player and there was none better. However, with that being said...Ryan was a great all around athlete and played several sports in high school. Cade has only played high school basketball. He stopped playing football (which by the way he was an outstanding quarterback and probably could have played college football had he stuck with it) after 8th grade. He played baseball as a freshman in high school but gave that up after 9th grade because it became apparent his ticket was going to be basketball. He did run track in high school early on as well but gave that up because he didn't like the coach. I'm just saying, as a pure BASKETBALL player I feel that Cade has more athleticism and potential as a BBall player than Ryan did. Again, we'll see the stats at the end of the year and compare.....Regardless....it's a mute argument but kind of fun to kick around. I'm really interested to see how both Cade and Blake do against Memphis.