PDA

View Full Version : If the Big XII Championship Game....

Octavian
11/4/2007, 05:59 PM
...is a match-up between two Top-4 BCS teams...

12-0 Kansas vs. 11-1 Oklahoma

11-1 Oklahoma vs. 11-1 Missouri

....the winner has earned the right to play in the National Championship Game amongst a large group of 1-loss teams.

True or False?

tommieharris91
11/4/2007, 06:02 PM
If it's Kansas, yes.

Suerreal
11/4/2007, 06:04 PM
True over Oregon, who doesn't have to play in a CCG. Iffy against LSU who will likely play a top 10 Georgia in their game. Doubtful against an undefeated tOSU.

OUAndy1807
11/4/2007, 06:25 PM
the answer should be yes, but I'm afraid it would be no.

The Maestro
11/4/2007, 06:37 PM
One would hope. And what if Texas wins out and finds itself in the top 10 of the BCS? That means if we win the CCG we will have three wins over top ten BCS teams. Meanwhile, Ohio State's best win is over #23 Penn State and Michigan, their best chance for impressive, stands at number 12.

The lack of a title game in the Big 10 and Pac 10 is going to hurt us, I fear.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2007, 06:42 PM
One would hope. And what if Texas wins out and finds itself in the top 10 of the BCS? That means if we win the CCG we will have three wins over top ten BCS teams. Meanwhile, Ohio State's best win is over #23 Penn State and Michigan, their best chance for impressive, stands at number 12.

The lack of a title game in the Big 10 and Pac 10 is going to hurt us, I fear.
According to your theory, (assuming that KU beats Mizzou), wouldn't that probably drop Mizzou out of the BCS top 10?

htownsooner7
11/4/2007, 07:03 PM
I think we need a surprise loss out of Oregon. Maybe ole Mike Stoops can pull it off.. I have my room booked for San Antonio. Any of you guys got an option on conference championship tickets that you want to sell?

The Maestro
11/4/2007, 08:23 PM
According to your theory, (assuming that KU beats Mizzou), wouldn't that probably drop Mizzou out of the BCS top 10?

No. Let's say that Kansas gets a close win over Missouri...why should Missouri fall out of the top ten for close losses to Kansas and a loss to us? Check the standings...two loss teams everywhere. Surely two losses to top five BCS teams keeps you in the top ten if they are respectable.

mdklatt
11/4/2007, 09:52 PM
Iffy against LSU who will likely play a top 10 Georgia in their game.

Eh, Georgia is only a Top 10 team by default. They seem pretty flaky. KU hasn't played anybody yet (Nebraska included), but they've pretty much steamrolled everybody they have played. However, I would give LSU the nod based on SOS regardless of who the play in the SEC CG.

pott_2
11/5/2007, 12:08 AM
No. Let's say that Kansas gets a close win over Missouri...why should Missouri fall out of the top ten for close losses to Kansas and a loss to us? Check the standings...two loss teams everywhere. Surely two losses to top five BCS teams keeps you in the top ten if they are respectable.

I agree. ASU did not fall out of the top 10 after the dUCK loss. But they do have the pac10 bias going for them.

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 12:10 AM
Arizona is looking good the last two weeks maybe Mike is going for the 6-6 record to get into a bowl of some kind. Anyway, if we play KU I think we will roll over them like a Mack Truck! I know they are a decent team but OU would be undefeated as well with their schedule. You know Mangino was asked about the cup cake schedule and he responded "mmmmmmmmm.......cup cakes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. frosting.............mmmmmmmmm....."

That last part was a j/k! :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 01:00 AM
I think Arizona is a pretty good team lately. I'm pretty sure Stoops is gonna have 'em ready for that one.

goingoneight
11/5/2007, 01:04 AM
The answer solely relies on the outside image of the BIG 12. We're competitive like every other conference right now, but let's not forget how glorious OUr OOC record was... and that ALWAYS comes into consideration.

LSU could leapfrog us by beating a ranked team in the SEC CCG, also.

Just win, Bobby Stoops.

Vegas Vic
11/5/2007, 01:42 AM
True over Oregon, who doesn't have to play in a CCG.

Oregon plays every team in their conference. A round-robin schedule is the purest form of determining a conference champion.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 02:43 AM
OK...Look at it this way then...

Based on that NO ONE knows how good their conference is...We just know they seem to be the best in a conference that has little else to show other than conference record and how they stack up against that powerhouse Charlie Weiss is running into the ground! lol

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 03:36 AM
The Pac-10 is weak. OU beat Oregon last year. The Pac-10 refs cheat!

OUTrumpet
11/5/2007, 08:27 AM
Arizona is looking good the last two weeks maybe Mike is going for the 6-6 record to get into a bowl of some kind. Anyway, if we play KU I think we will roll over them like a Mack Truck! I know they are a decent team but OU would be undefeated as well with their schedule. You know Mangino was asked about the cup cake schedule and he responded "mmmmmmmmm.......cup cakes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. frosting.............mmmmmmmmm....."

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x191/Trmptplyr5/10-09-07_ku.jpg

I think that would be about what he said :p

crawfish
11/5/2007, 11:38 AM
If Kansas wins out, they deserve the shot. They have potentially two top-five teams to beat to get that far.

If either OU or Mizzou wins out, we would have as much right as anybody else to the game. It'd be a crap shoot to see if we get in over LSU or Oregon, though (but we have the better chance).

soonerboy_odanorth
11/5/2007, 04:47 PM
I know they are a decent team but OU would be undefeated as well with their schedule.
(Pssssst. Hey! SoonerKnight... We played CU on the road... got beat.... They played CU on the road... and won.)

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 07:46 PM
The year we lost to K-State and went on to play LSU, I believe the Game didn't count against us as the BCS had made their decision to send us. I think I have that right...

Do all the CCG's played count towards the BCS's decision this year?

TIA if you know...

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 07:56 PM
(Pssssst. Hey! SoonerKnight... We played CU on the road... got beat.... They played CU on the road... and won.)

They play CU every year on the road or not and usually lose. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 10:34 PM
I can't vote without an answer....

jccouger
11/5/2007, 10:55 PM
Yes the BCS counted the KSU loss. We were still ranked #1 in the computers though, so we stayed on top even though we were ranked #3 in both human polls. Which led to them changing the rule to make the human polls worth more.

Breadburner
11/5/2007, 10:59 PM
Wrong thread......

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 11:30 PM
Yes the BCS counted the KSU loss. We were still ranked #1 in the computers though, so we stayed on top even though we were ranked #3 in both human polls. Which led to them changing the rule to make the human polls worth more.
Thanks...I knew something like that happened.

It's a B*tch getting old. :D