PDA

View Full Version : 11/4 BCS Rankings

sooner_champak
11/4/2007, 04:56 PM
Here's a quick look at the fourth edition of the BCS standings.

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. Kansas
5. Oklahoma
6. Missouri
7. West Virginia
8. Boston College
9. Arizona State
10. Georgia
11. Virginia Tech
12. Michigan
13. UConn
14. Texas
15. Florida
16. Hawaii
17. USC
18. Auburn
19. Virginia
20. Boise State
21. Clemson
22. Alabama
23. Penn State
24. Tennessee
25. Kentucky

SoonerStormchaser
11/4/2007, 05:00 PM
No shock there...no worries either. I just wish Texass would've moved up and helped us out a little.

I wish they still had the bonus points for beating other top 10 BCS teams.

stoopified
11/4/2007, 05:02 PM
Apparently if you are undefeated it doesn't matter if you have ANY quality wins.BC and USF were perfect examples as is KU currently.BTW has anybody noticed USF has now lost 3 straight games?

SoonerStormchaser
11/4/2007, 05:06 PM
Well...we're just gonna have to be the biggest bandwagon Illinois and Meechigan fans the next two weeks.

Seriously, tOSU is nothing impressive

Chrisrokc
11/4/2007, 05:12 PM
Yes! I am glad KU is above us. They need to keep winning till we play them.

rubyspirit
11/4/2007, 05:26 PM
Q: Why is Georgia and UConn above Texas?
A: Crappy list.

Veritas
11/4/2007, 05:34 PM
Kansas is over rated. So what if they hung 76 on Nebraska. Nebraska is the worst team in the Big 12 right now.

jccouger
11/4/2007, 05:35 PM
4-6 all big XII. Looks good.

garland sooner
11/4/2007, 05:55 PM
I still don't think we'll make it to the MNC but i started saying that last week and BC and ASU lost this week. I think I'll be keeping that trend going.

SteelClip49
11/4/2007, 05:58 PM
Veritas, yes Nebraska sucks but Kansas is just that good. Why say they are overrated? Remember, this is Kansas, a program that is not used to this and all they do is just win.

soonermeteor
11/4/2007, 05:59 PM
Q: Why is Georgia and UConn above Texas?
A: Crappy list.

Plus texas had a last second win against the pokes. BC and LSU got a splooge fest when they had theirs. :rolleyes:

TripleOption14
11/4/2007, 06:07 PM
I still don't think we'll make it to the MNC but i started saying that last week and BC and ASU lost this week. I think I'll be keeping that trend going.

I agree with you. I quite thinking we were gonna make a run at the NC game about 2 weeks ago myself. We need to much help that I don't see us getting. I don't see the Ducks or Tigers losing again. But hell, did anyone HONESTLY think we were gonna be in the position we are in now at the beginning of the season?!?! I'm completely cool with winning the conf. again and playing in another BCS game. I think next year will be the year where we can REALLY start talking NC.

adoniijahsooner
11/4/2007, 07:10 PM
Kansas is over rated. So what if they hung 76 on Nebraska. Nebraska is the worst team in the Big 12 right now.

Kansas is a very good team; I have watched them play against KSU and Texas A&M, they are solid. Plus theu have a Coach who was a major part of a National Championship team. Respect your opponent.

redblood
11/4/2007, 07:39 PM
Good for Kansas.I believe they are for real.

Boomer.....
11/4/2007, 09:35 PM
Kansas is definitely for real.

cheezyq
11/5/2007, 10:21 AM
First off, let me state that I'm not complaining about our position in the BCS. I don't think we're getting screwed or anything like that. I'm just going to point out an interesting set of facts.

Oregon's only loss came at home to a Cal team that now has 3 losses in the last 4 games. And Cal's most recent win was 20-14 against the worst team in the Pac-10. Clearly Cal isn't as good as they pretended to be earlier this year, and despite the beatdown that they took v. MU, Colorado is better than previously expected. Oregon has looked good, and has wins over a good 2-loss team and a previously undefeated team. However, so do the Sooners.

If I were an AP voter, I would notice this about Oregon. OU's loss AT Colorado was not as big a deal as a loss at home to a bad Cal team. I think that Oregon gets a pass on their loss from voters because Cal was undefeated at the time. Colorado looked bad early on, and I think OU's being ranked below Oregon because of that difference in perception.

OU over Texas = UO over SC
OU over Mizzou > UO over ASU (based on current BCS standings)
OU road loss to CU = UO home loss to Cal

I'm not complaining about where we are. I think we're getting plenty of respect nationally, and I think eventually when we beat KU or MU in the CCG we'll leapfrog UO in the BCS. I'm going to go ahead and assume that LSU loses, too, and we'll probably play either OSU or UO in the championship.

My only point is that poll voters rarely base their rankings on anything other than ESPN highlights. Dixon is a Heisman contender, and therefore makes UO look like a better team than OU in the perception of the voters. So, instead of balancing out the flaws in the computer rankings, the polls only screw them up even more...especially when they count for 2/3 of the formula.

Man, it would be nice to have a playoff.

UTsucks
11/5/2007, 10:23 AM

Not so fast my friend. A&M is over rated also how many did we score? Baylor is SH!T. If OU does not win BIG like 65-0 all the talk of the town won't matter. It's time to put up or shut up

UTsucks
11/5/2007, 10:24 AM
Kansas is definitely for real.

So is Missouri...........Trust me we will NOT beat them twice IF we have to play again. Hope for Kansas

sooneron
11/5/2007, 10:28 AM
I have a weird feeling that if the chips fall for us, it could be an OU-uo national championship game.

SleestakSooner
11/5/2007, 10:28 AM
Since Bradford has a higher QB rating shouldn't he be in the Heismann consideration too?

TexasLidig8r
11/5/2007, 10:42 AM
First off, let me state that I'm not complaining about our position in the BCS. I don't think we're getting screwed or anything like that. I'm just going to point out an interesting set of facts.

Oregon's only loss came at home to a Cal team that now has 3 losses in the last 4 games. And Cal's most recent win was 20-14 against the worst team in the Pac-10. Clearly Cal isn't as good as they pretended to be earlier this year, and despite the beatdown that they took v. MU, Colorado is better than previously expected. Oregon has looked good, and has wins over a good 2-loss team and a previously undefeated team. However, so do the Sooners.

If I were an AP voter, I would notice this about Oregon. OU's loss AT Colorado was not as big a deal as a loss at home to a bad Cal team. I think that Oregon gets a pass on their loss from voters because Cal was undefeated at the time. Colorado looked bad early on, and I think OU's being ranked below Oregon because of that difference in perception.

I'm not complaining about where we are. I think we're getting plenty of respect nationally, and I think eventually when we beat KU or MU in the CCG we'll leapfrog UO in the BCS. I'm going to go ahead and assume that LSU loses, too, and we'll probably play either OSU or UO in the championship.

My only point is that poll voters rarely base their rankings on anything other than ESPN highlights. Dixon is a Heisman contender, and therefore makes UO look like a better team than OU in the perception of the voters. So, instead of balancing out the flaws in the computer rankings, the polls only screw them up even more...especially when they count for 2/3 of the formula.

You didn't factor in Oregon's impressive win over Michigan in the Big House. Granted, at the time, Meatchicken was pond scum but since that time, has won 8 straight. That road win is magnified because Meatchicken is playing like what was expected of them.

jccouger
11/5/2007, 10:54 AM
Since Bradford has a higher QB rating shouldn't he be in the Heismann consideration too?

He is not as flashy, or marketable. And frankly I think Bradford is a VERY good QB, but I don't think he is as good as Dixon.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/5/2007, 11:18 AM
So is Missouri...........Trust me we will NOT beat them twice IF we have to play again. Hope for Kansas

How are things in France today?

handcrafted
11/5/2007, 01:50 PM
You didn't factor in Oregon's impressive win over Michigan in the Big House. Granted, at the time, Meatchicken was pond scum but since that time, has won 8 straight. That road win is magnified because Meatchicken is playing like what was expected of them.

Did you have a good day on Satuday, Lid?

cheezyq
11/5/2007, 02:23 PM

True. I think the problem is that the polls, etc. figure that Michigan is a very good team, despite the home loss to App. St. A possible reason for that is that the computers don't figure in 1-AA games, since they don't measure the strength of the 1-AA schedule. So, while Michigan has 2 losses, the computers only figure in the loss part of the equation, not the weakness of the loss to App. St., so it makes it look like they've only lost to 3rd ranked BCS team.

This is just conjecture, but it gives Michigan a better perception because the voters see the computers rating Michigan fairly high but don't understand why. I think Michigan is a decent team, but they haven't proven it against good competition. Maybe they will against OSU, but we'll see.

I think that when we win all our games and win the CCG, it should still push us past the Cheaters. I'm obviously biased toward OU. But I'd like to think that if I weren't a Sooner fan (god forbid), looking at how the year has gone, I'd rate OU higher if I were voting in a poll.

cccasooner2
11/5/2007, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=...all the talk of the town won't matter. [/QUOTE]

Drat, it usually matters. :rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
11/6/2007, 09:52 AM
Did you have a good day on Satuday, Lid?

Sun rises in the east, sets in the west.
Water is wet.
Okie Lite takes a big lead and then we rip their hearts out crushing their resolve for the rest of the season.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/6/2007, 10:58 AM
Okie Lite takes a big lead and then we rip their hearts out crushing their resolve for the rest of the season.They will still have one more fired-up game left in them. Fortunately, it's in Norman, where the Sooners at least SHOULD be inspired enough to play their best, too.

MiccoMacey
11/6/2007, 11:44 AM
I'd be willing to bet the top five today will look drastically different than the top five come December 4th.

I'm not worried about where we are right now. Win out, and I think we move up.

Boomer.....
11/6/2007, 12:39 PM
I agree, MM. All we can do is win out and hope a team or two loses above us.

proudsoonergal
11/6/2007, 02:14 PM

This post made me think of another scenario. Given the wackiness of the current season, wouldn't it be completely fitting if there ended up being a split national title (since AP is not in the BCS anymore)? First, either LSU or Oregon would have to lose again to be kicked out of the BCSMNC race (for illustrative purposes, I'll pick Oregon to lose to Arizona in a heartwarming display of Stoops solidarity). Okay, say OSU loses to Michigan. OU wins the CCG. LSU wins the CCG. WV wins out but stays behind us. Then, the final BCS rankings have LSU, OSU, OU, WV, so LSU and OSU would meet in the BCSMNC game. However, the AP rank would be LSU, OU, OSU. So, OU would play someone have decent in the Fiesta. OU wins big, LSU wins (or loses).......would the AP give their title to OU?

proudsoonergal
11/6/2007, 04:20 PM
This post made me think of another scenario. Given the wackiness of the current season, wouldn't it be completely fitting if there ended up being a split national title (since AP is not in the BCS anymore)? First, either LSU or Oregon would have to lose again to be kicked out of the BCSMNC race (for illustrative purposes, I'll pick Oregon to lose to Arizona in a heartwarming display of Stoops solidarity). Okay, say OSU loses to Michigan. OU wins the CCG. LSU wins the CCG. WV wins out but stays behind us. Then, the final BCS rankings have LSU, OSU, OU, WV, so LSU and OSU would meet in the BCSMNC game. However, the AP rank would be LSU, OU, OSU. So, OU would play someone have decent in the Fiesta. OU wins big, LSU wins (or loses).......would the AP give their title to OU?

Actually, upon further reflection about this scenario, I think LSU would have to lose for the AP to consider giving us their MNC title. Right?

cheezyq
11/6/2007, 04:25 PM
Actually, upon further reflection about this scenario, I think LSU would have to lose for the AP to consider giving us their MNC title. Right?

Remember, it's the AP/ESPN poll. The Big 12 ain't winnin' a media designated title if it comes down to a popularity contest.

proudsoonergal
11/6/2007, 04:31 PM
Remember, it's the AP/ESPN poll. The Big 12 ain't winnin' a media designated title if it comes down to a popularity contest.

I thought ESPN/USA TODAY sponsored the Coaches Poll.