3. UO
4. KU
5. OU
6. BC (WTF?)
7. WV
8. ASU
9. Mizzou
10. Gawga

Not to mention BC and ASU might have better computer rankings than us.
Oh well...just keep winning I spose...

Suerreal
11/4/2007, 02:38 PM
I'd be OK with Kansas jumping us; we'll get a crack at them if they beat Missouri.

Chrisrokc
11/4/2007, 02:41 PM
Yep, I am wanting Kansas to go up to number 2 really. Then we play them and do a little

http://www.grannygear.com/Assets/Images/Races/Moab/2006/Shake_N_Bake.jpg

SHAKE N BAKE move. That could put us in the good graces of the BCS polls and in the number 2 spot.

bringit
11/4/2007, 02:44 PM
if we win out...

StormySooner-IN
11/4/2007, 02:44 PM
Yep, I am wanting Kansas to go up to number 2 really. Then we play team and do a little

SHAKE N BAKE move. That could put us in the good graces of the BCS polls and in the number 2 spot.:D

There is the odd year curse to consider.....:eek:
;)

Chrisrokc
11/4/2007, 02:54 PM
if we win out...

Stop being such a negative nancy. :D

kevpks
11/4/2007, 02:59 PM
I think we'll be 4th. These rankings before the rankings never seem to get it right.

The Maestro
11/4/2007, 03:05 PM
ASU did beat Colorado and lost at Oregon. Not sure how their one loss record is any worse than ours. I could see them being ahead of us. But they will lose again.

Sooner02
11/4/2007, 03:18 PM
Whatever happened to the "early losses don't hurt you as bad as late losses" claim?

Chrisrokc
11/4/2007, 03:23 PM
ASU won't be above us...... LOL

chad
11/4/2007, 03:26 PM
All the more power to Kansas. The better they do, the better we look. Even more so if we get to play them in the Big 12 championship.

Our game against the aggies looked better than the last few we've played so it looks like Stoops has them back on track.

Stitch Face
11/4/2007, 03:59 PM
KU once jumped me in a dark alley.

GoTigers
11/4/2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry, but the Tigers are looking forward to spoiling kU's season first ;)

toneful
11/4/2007, 04:09 PM
Whatever happened to the "early losses don't hurt you as bad as late losses" claim?

computers is what happened. Actually can't say i mind it. That's what kept us in the BCS title game after we lost to KSU in what...'03?

yermom
11/4/2007, 04:12 PM
KU jumping us doesn't hurt us in the least. i'll be happy if we jump ASU and BC

GottaHavePride
11/4/2007, 04:18 PM
KU jumping us doesn't hurt us in the least. i'll be happy if we jump ASU and BC

Pawn jumps queen!

MiccoMacey
11/4/2007, 04:23 PM
If I was an ASU fan, and I lost to the number four team, and they moved me waaay down, I'd be prety upset.

Of all the teams with one losses, who's is the worst loss?

LSU - @ Kentucky (6-3)
UO - Cal (6-3)
ASU - @ Oregon (8-1)
OU - @ Colorado (5-5)
BC - FSU (6-3)
WVU - @ South Florida (6-3)
UConn - @ Virginia (8-2)
Missouri - @ OU (8-1)

I did not include Hawaii or Boise State. I'm trying to be serious here.

We (by record) have the worst loss. So, most of those teams have at least one legitimate argument to be ranked ahead of us.

Which one-loss team has the best win?

LSU - Va Tech, Florida
UO - Arizona State, USC
ASU - Cal, Colorado
OU - Missouri, Texas
Missouri - TTech, Colorado
BC - Va Tech
WVU - Rutgers
UConn - USF, Louisville

Thoughts?

MiccoMacey
11/4/2007, 04:24 PM
Pawn jumps queen!

Knight jumps Queen!

Everybody jumps Queen!

Gangbang!!

:D

GoTigers
11/4/2007, 04:25 PM
If I was an ASU fan, and I lost to the number four team, and they moved me waaay down, I'd be prety upset.

Of all the teams with one losses, who's is the worst loss?

LSU - @ Kentucky (6-3)
UO - Cal (6-3)
ASU - @ Oregon (8-1)
OU - @ Colorado (5-5)
BC - FSU (6-3)
WVU - @ South Florida (6-3)
UConn - @ Virginia (8-2)
Missouri - @ OU (8-1)

I did not include Hawaii or Boise State. I'm trying to be serious here.

We (by record) have the worst loss. So, most of those teams have at least one legitimate argument to be ranked ahead of us.

Which one-loss team has the best win?

LSU - Va Tech, Florida
UO - Arizona State, USC
ASU - Cal, Colorado
OU - Missouri, Texas
Missouri - TTech, Colorado
BC - Va Tech
WVU - Rutgers
UConn - USF, Louisville

Thoughts?
Missouri doesn't deserve to be ahead of the sooners after we lost in norman

MiccoMacey
11/4/2007, 04:27 PM
Agreed. Hence the term Most.

Also, ASU lost to Oregon, so they have no legitimate claim above Oregon.

We're thinking the same thoughts.

OU-HSV
11/4/2007, 04:50 PM
So KU jumped us in the latest BCS. Fox just showed it. Unbelievable. We beat the supposed "bcs #6" ranked missouri tigers and we've dropped after a bye week and a win. And then we have a convincing win last night....yet we get jumped by KU. Now that's eff'd up. Too bad we didn't take care of business vs. Col. Looks like we're gonna get hosed the rest of the year in the bcs.

adoniijahsooner
11/4/2007, 04:51 PM
We may have the worst loss on paper, but our loss out of all others also can be considered the biggest fluke out of the others, since we led 24-7 in the third quarter.

sanantoniosooner
11/4/2007, 04:53 PM
yeah......our loss doesn't count because it was an accident.

silverwheels
11/4/2007, 04:53 PM
Kansas is undefeated. We're not. They should be ranked ahead of us. It's pretty simple.

batonrougesooner
11/4/2007, 04:58 PM
Kansas has a legitimate gripe about not being ranked at least second in the BCS.

colleyvillesooner
11/4/2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think Oregon can get any better in the computers, while we can.

They end with unranked Arizona, UCLA and Oregon St.

If we win out, we REALLY need Mizzou and KU not to lose until their game. Then the winner will be a Top 5 BCS team as our last opponent before he final BCS poll.

Just win, baby, and hope for a little luck.

sooner_champak
11/4/2007, 05:00 PM
Here's a quick look at the fourth edition of the BCS standings.

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. Kansas
5. Oklahoma
6. Missouri
7. West Virginia
8. Boston College
9. Arizona State
10. Georgia
11. Virginia Tech
12. Michigan
13. UConn
14. Texas
15. Florida
16. Hawaii
17. USC
18. Auburn
19. Virginia
20. Boise State
21. Clemson
22. Alabama
23. Penn State
24. Tennessee
25. Kentucky

okiewaker
11/4/2007, 05:05 PM
We may have the worst loss on paper, but our loss out of all others also can be considered the biggest fluke out of the others, since we led 24-7 in the third quarter.

Unfortunately, no fluke calculations in the puters. I don't know about you folks but I think KU is a pretty good football team despite the week schedule.

GreenSooner
11/4/2007, 05:05 PM
Here are the reasons Kansas isn't ranked 2nd in the human polls:

1. They're not a football school, i.e. they're Kansas, not OU, Texas, Nebraska, Colorado, or possibly KState or aTm.

2. They play in the Big XII. A coastal non-football school with an undefeated record from a BCS conference would be ranked #1 or #2 (like BC was until this week).

I know, I know...KU hasn't beaten any great teams. But undefeated teams from BCS conferences ought to be ranked higher than once-defeated teams from BCS conference (including us for the moment).

All of this proves, yet again, that the "every game is a playoff" defense of the BCS system is a total crock.

yermom
11/4/2007, 05:11 PM
my only problem is that tOSU probably has played as weak of a schedule as KU has, but they were ranked higher in the pre-season

does anyone have a link to the SOS rankings?

sanantoniosooner
11/4/2007, 05:12 PM
Geez..........if KU was from the ACC you guys would be whining about their high ranking with a cupcaked schedule.

OU-HSV
11/4/2007, 05:22 PM
In regards to my earlier post, I wasn't trying to take anything away from KU. I'm glad to see them be successful...It's just surprising to me that they would jump us like this. But, again, KU has been impressive. I simply think we should be ranked 4th. But that Colorado loss keeps jumping into my memory, ugh!

SoonerMom2
11/4/2007, 05:24 PM
I don't agree our loss by 3 points at Colorado was worse then Oregon loss at home or BC loss at home, etc. Record of the team at the time should be what counts and margin of victory. Road loss should count against you less then a home loss.

Beginning to see a trend on here by some posters that want to give OU no credit and other schools a lot of credit but claim to be OU fans. What gives?

sanantoniosooner
11/4/2007, 05:25 PM
Lack of crimson goggles?

SoonerMom2
11/4/2007, 05:28 PM
Unfortunately, no fluke calculations in the puters. I don't know about you folks but I think KU is a pretty good football team despite the week schedule.

BTW, the word is weak and how can you tell how good a team is if they have played a weak schedule?

They remind me when OSU won all those games to start the season but when they lost they kept on losing. Just who have they beat that is worth much? They don't play OU, Texas, or Tech in the regular season. They haven't played Missouri yet. Nebraska, Iowa State, and K-State have been shown that they are not very good.

Nebraska defense didn't even try in that game. They want Callahan gone and are making sure it happens IMHO.

LakeTiger
11/4/2007, 05:32 PM
We'll take care of KU for you.

okiewaker
11/4/2007, 05:36 PM
BTW, the word is weak and how can you tell how good a team is if they have played a weak schedule?

They remind me when OSU won all those games to start the season but when they lost they kept on losing. Just who have they beat that is worth much? They don't play OU, Texas, or Tech in the regular season. They haven't played Missouri yet. Nebraska, Iowa State, and K-State have been shown that they are not very good.

Nebraska defense didn't even try in that game. They want Callahan gone and are making sure it happens IMHO.

First off, thanks for the correction MOM. Anyway, it is okay to have an opinion, right? I think Kansas is a pretty good football team, not a great team.

LRoss
11/4/2007, 05:40 PM
If KU wins out -- obviously including a win against Missouri and then presumably OU, they won't get screwed.

The standings are interesting and meaningful to a certain degree, but they don't really matter until the last week. People who are complaining about an undefeated team ranked behind one-loss teams have a certain point, but who would have put Kansas ahead of LSU or Oregon (or OU) immediately following their losses? But, after continuing to win, they ARE jumping the one-loss teams slowly but surely (reference: this week!) and if they beat the good teams at the end of the year they'll be there.

In other words, feel free to un-bundle your undies.

Suerreal
11/4/2007, 05:45 PM
OU has played sloppily in its two real road games. Against a mediocre Colorado team, we lost. Against a hapless Iowa State team, we eked out a win, but it didn't feel like a win.
We have a chance to show we can win decisively on the road in Lubbock, and hopefully, if we take care of business, a chance to play against a very good Kansas or Missouri team in San Antonio. That should answer the doubters.

The rest is out of hands. If we can make sure that the one loss looks more and more like a fluke by a young, but rapidly maturing team, we have a very good chance of playing for it all again this year. But we have to win out to do that.

soonermeteor
11/4/2007, 05:55 PM
Missouri's rout of Colorado should help the case that our loss was a fluke.

Either way, we need to win out and pray 2 of Oregon, OSU, and LSU lose. It's as simple as that.

silverwheels
11/4/2007, 06:51 PM
We'll take care of KU for you.

So you can lose to us again? Okay. :D ;)

Widescreen
11/4/2007, 07:54 PM
I'm a little surprised that KU jumped us. Not that they don't deserve it since they're undefeated. But they beat a horrible Nebraska team while we beat an average aTm team with a better record than NU (IOW I figured the computers would give us a bit more love). Plus we're ahead of them in both human polls. Oh well, everything will wash out. We just have to keep winning.

IronHorseSooner
11/4/2007, 08:01 PM
This may be one of the few times ever that I didn't mind to have a team leap fro g us in the polls. Call it a slingshot effect.

Soonerus
11/4/2007, 08:03 PM
Kansas is not our problem at this point...

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 08:33 PM
According to what I read We are tied with KU . They are just listed 1st . after all the other BS talk who cares ? We have to win Out . we Still need some help .
Nuff said

Newbomb Turk
11/4/2007, 08:38 PM
after all the other BS talk who cares ? We have to win Out . we Still need some help .
Nuff said

so what you're saying is that Kansas is not our problem at this point...

Soonerus
11/4/2007, 08:41 PM

well stated...

Desert Sapper
11/4/2007, 08:53 PM
We'll lose to KU for you.

Why spank you, spank you very much. We need an undefeated KU in San Antonio.:D

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 09:06 PM
Naw I try to not be stupid enough to state the Obvious .

Newbomb Turk
11/4/2007, 09:09 PM
Naw I try to not be stupid enough to state the Obvious .

if'n you wan't to state the obvious, you should really start a new thread...

Soonerus
11/4/2007, 09:13 PM
According to what I read We are tied with KU . They are just listed 1st . after all the other BS talk who cares ? We have to win Out . we Still need some help .
Nuff said

That is a profound, original thought...nice...

Widescreen
11/4/2007, 09:15 PM
I guess the board's respite was temporary. Sigh.

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 09:17 PM
if'n you wan't to state the obvious, you should really start a new thread...
Hell I never thought of that , Thats a novel idea:twinkies:

Soonerus
11/4/2007, 09:21 PM
I guess the board's respite was temporary. Sigh.

Thank you, Thank you very much !!!

soonerinabilene
11/4/2007, 09:32 PM
That is a profound, original thought...nice...

...im...original...too...

Soonerus
11/4/2007, 09:39 PM
That...is my original on this board for years...

r5TPsooner
11/4/2007, 09:50 PM
Kansas has a legitimate gripe about not being ranked at least second in the BCS.

If KU beats Okie State and Missouri, they should be #1 OR #2 in the BCS. OSU hasn't beaten anyone IMHO.

sanantoniosooner
11/4/2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CatHat1.jpg

Texas Golfer
11/4/2007, 10:28 PM
Yep, I am wanting Kansas to go up to number 2 really. Then we play them and do a little

SHAKE N BAKE move. That could put us in the good graces of the BCS polls and in the number 2 spot.

I agree. I hope KU wins out and plays us in the conference championship game. The winner of that game will, more than likely, be playing for the national championship.

Texas Golfer
11/4/2007, 10:30 PM
ASU did beat Colorado and lost at Oregon. Not sure how their one loss record is any worse than ours. I could see them being ahead of us. But they will lose again.

It's a matter of timing. ASU lost last.

yermom
11/4/2007, 10:31 PM
yep, the computers don't care when you lose, but the people do, and they count 2x as much

bri
11/4/2007, 10:34 PM
Missouri's rout of Colorado should reinforce the fact that it's a horrible loss for us, and as long as there are undefeated teams left we have no right to whine or gripe about being "left out".

Fixed.

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 11:06 PM
Fixed.
And a dayum Fine jorb :D