PDA

View Full Version : Game Changing Play

Suerreal
11/4/2007, 01:19 PM
The more I think about it, the more I believe the muffed punt recovery made what could have been another struggle a showcase for Sooner Magic™.

I think Bradford is great, and that he doesn't rattle. But I think he may start both doubting himself and trying too hard when things go wrong, as they certainly did on that first possession. With the punt recovery, he didn't have time to sit on the bench and start the second-guessing. He went out there and got the job done, and the rest is history.

Usually, I think of game-changing performances as something that happens much later in the game, at least the second half. But I think that punt recovery really did affect the whole rest of the game.

Stitch Face
11/4/2007, 01:22 PM
I thought Sooner Magic only appeared when the team needed it to win.

Sooner02
11/4/2007, 01:43 PM
I thought the team acted fired up after that personal foul penalty, which I still don't understand why it was called on us.

Suerreal
11/4/2007, 01:46 PM
That was just bizarre. I am impressed with Bradford's discipline in scenarios like that. He goes for the high percentage plays to get half the yards needed, rather than the get it all at once long shots, and winds up making most of those 2nd-and-long series convert.