PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone think M. Gundy looked stupid when he charged the field

usmc-sooner
11/4/2007, 01:08 PM
and went nuts.
McCoy stepped over the line and completed a pass. It was obvious that he did. The refs had already called for a review and Gundy was almost in the middle of the field yelling and screaming. That's garbage:D Even the announcers thought he should have been penalized.

Is this he new answer to coaching, yelling and throwing baby fits?

Ash
11/4/2007, 01:11 PM
I think Gundy looks stupid all the time, but yeah that was over the line.

I love his passion! He's Amurica's coach!

Wonder which reporter he'll scream at this week?

:rolleyes:

Stitch Face
11/4/2007, 01:19 PM
Did anyone think M. Gundy looked stupid

Yes.

Scott D
11/4/2007, 01:20 PM
better yet, when doesn't he?

the only interesting thing about Gundy each week is which will be a brighter orange...his polo shirt, or his face.

humblesooner
11/4/2007, 01:33 PM
If I were an official, I would have listened to his (and a lot of others) bull for about 1.5 seconds, then I would have thrown a flag. If he continued, I would throw another one.

This stuff has to stop. It is one thing for a coach to make a point to an official. It is completely another thing to make an *** of yourself 20-30 yards on to the field of play.
Gundy is not the only one, he just happens to be the topic of this string of posts.

Suerreal
11/4/2007, 01:41 PM
But but but he's a man. He's 40. He can take it.

This should include bad calls now and then. Heck, yes, he looked stupid.

Newbomb Turk
11/4/2007, 01:43 PM
There was a whole lotta stupid on that field yesterday.

StoopTroup
11/4/2007, 01:49 PM
He does seem to Coach better when switched to "Insane" Mode. :D

Paperclip
11/4/2007, 01:57 PM
He was trying to get a technical to fire up his team.

toneful
11/4/2007, 02:06 PM
Did anyone think M. Gundy looked stupid

you could have stopped with that. No context is needed.

Flying Scotsman
11/4/2007, 02:22 PM
I do have some dumb questions.

1. Was there a penalty flag thrown whenMcCoy crossed the line?

2. Was the penalty called after the review?

3. Is there the possibility that this may establish a precedent where if referees miss calls, penalties can be called during reviews?

Any positive spek for her would be okay
<=======

soonerboy_odanorth
11/4/2007, 02:24 PM
Gundy is not the only one...

You're right... another coach comes to mind...

Some goofy lookin' hat wearin' dude... Les somethin' or other....

(Maybe there's somethin' in the Stoolwater.)

stoopified
11/4/2007, 04:59 PM

3. Is there the possibility that this may establish a precedent where if referees miss calls, penalties can be called during reviews?

<=======I was thinking the same thing.How can you call a penalty passed on a replay?I thought penalties or lack thereof were not reviewable.I understand review for purpose of properly spoting the ball but a review to see if the refs missed aQB being over the line on a pass?Does this mean that it a intentional grounding penalty can be reviewed to makesure the QB was or was not outside the tackle box?A sideline review to decide if a player was hit late or out of bounds and therefore a penalty should be called?Or not called?

Flying Scotsman
11/4/2007, 05:03 PM
Maybe refs will be eliminated in favor of computers. Followed by players replaced by robots. Holy retro!! MIT will start winning national championships!!

<=======

Newbomb Turk
11/4/2007, 05:05 PM
<=======

who dat?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2007, 05:20 PM
He looks pretty stupid no matter where he stands

yermom
11/4/2007, 05:21 PM
i didn't see it, but i bet he looked dumber calling that reverse on 4th and 3

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2007, 05:22 PM
i didn't see it, but i bet he looked dumber calling that reverse on 4th and 3

It would have worked against Florida Atlantic:D

OSU could be major sunbelt contenders

OU-HSV
11/4/2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah he looked stupid. And all their coaches looked stupid wearing their blueblocker sunglasses all game.

King Crimson
11/4/2007, 05:51 PM
He was trying to get a technical to fire up his team.

hehehe.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah he looked stupid. And all their coaches looked stupid wearing their blueblocker sunglasses all game.

Yeah they need that guy rapping over on the sidelines

Vic n Tulsa
11/4/2007, 06:40 PM
and went nuts.
McCoy stepped over the line and completed a pass. It was obvious that he did. The refs had already called for a review and Gundy was almost in the middle of the field yelling and screaming. That's garbage:D Even the announcers thought he should have been penalized.

Is this he new answer to coaching, yelling and throwing baby fits?

Yeah, it was was invented by your stupid coach Stoops, everytime his team is flagged for a call! Geez.:texan:

OU-HSV
11/4/2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah they need that guy rapping over on the sidelines
Yep. Someone give that 40 year old man a gold chain with a gold dollar symbol on it and he'd have a side job.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2007, 06:46 PM
Seriously?
Get over it. We, as Sooners, complain about the refs all the time.

usmc-sooner
11/4/2007, 06:48 PM
Seriously?
Get over it. We, as Sooners, complain about the refs all the time.

yeah but we don't run out on the middle of field to do it. The refs were already checking to see if he was over the line.

Ash
11/4/2007, 06:51 PM
This message is hidden because Vic n Tulsa is on your ignore list.

I love the ignore feature.

ratherthanlater
11/4/2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah, it was was invented by your stupid coach Stoops, everytime his team is flagged for a call! Geez.:texan:

I am fairly new here so I may be mistaken, but you are the biggest ****** ever.

Charla
11/4/2007, 07:16 PM
But the question was, Did Gumby look stupid ? And the answer is yes.

Jack T.
11/4/2007, 08:51 PM

<=======

I totally agree. "Hey, that guy was holding. . .review that play. Hey, that was pass interference. . .review that play."

On the flip side, the "over the line" penalty is not a judgment call. . .he either was or wasn't over the line.

Still, I *do* think it sets a bad precedent. . .I *do not* want penalties getting called from the replay booth. I have enough concerns about them getting it right as it is, without giving them *more* responsibility!

soonerinabilene
11/4/2007, 09:09 PM
And all their coaches looked stupid wearing their blueblocker sunglasses all game.

Yet another downside to having a retard build your stadium east/west.

critical_phil
11/4/2007, 09:09 PM

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9471/gundygn2.jpg

Sooner Schemer
11/4/2007, 11:28 PM
Is there the possibility that this may establish a precedent where if referees miss calls, penalties can be called during reviews?
That already happened in the Alabama-Mississippi game 3 weeks ago:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200710130077

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 12:56 AM
It's really no surprise to see Gumby looking like a moron.

And as for our coach, he fires back at the officials on a regular basis...he just doesn't run to the middle of the field and scream and cry like a baby. Our coach really IS a man.

goingoneight
11/5/2007, 01:15 AM
I'm just still in awe opf how badly Texas continues to OWN OSU in the 2nd halves of games. :eek:

I left my house to get some stuff from Compadre's and QT (nachos and dip assortments, beer and ice for teh game), score 35-14, OSU dominating the whorns. I fear OSU for a brief moment as we didn't quite dominate :mack: that good.

I come back and it seems the pistols backfired or something... where the hell is Vince? Don't gimme that Tennessee bullshat... I know he's there... I just know he is! UT kicks a 40-yarder (poetic justice that '40' comes back to bite OSU fans in their asses again) to beat the fighting highlighters in Augua De La Stool. There were screaming OSU fans in my house who are very good friends of mine... and I just busted out laughing. I couldn't help it. I know they felt exactly how I did when we lost at CU, but damn... ten years running! :eek: They gave me a quick "shut up" and watched OU dominate aTm with me. Funny thing also was they were telling me we'd struggle against the Frannies by comparison to their game earlier in the year at College Station. Naturally, they didn't take the bet and cheered for the Aggies all night searching for moral victories. I heard one of them tell me that "if you think their tight end is a badass, wait 'til Pettigrew shows up in Norman!"

I quickly pointed out whose tight end had four TD receptions and whose defense didn't surrender 311 yards on their own field in a single quarter. They still said "whatever" as if they still don't get it. :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 02:04 AM
I had tears in my eyes from laughing so friggin' hard. That game was one of the funniest I've ever seen in my life. Don't get me wrong, I hate Texass and consider them to be our REAL rival, but for whatever reason I hate the sheephumpers even more and got EXACTLY what I wanted from this game!

Greatest offense...uh, I'll let 'em have it just so I can rebutt with "worst defense" and biggest choke.

oudivesherpa
11/5/2007, 08:14 AM
The Big XII has a PR campaign to promote good sportsmanship, yet when a coach charges the feild, nothing is done about it. Unsportmanslike conduct.
You bet--the Big XII should expect coach to set a good example.
But Good Sportmanship and OSU are mutually exclusive.

It's time for the Big XII to set an example and fine Coach Gundy and OSU.

MichiganSooner
11/5/2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, Gumby looked stupid. Actually like an out of control 4 year old.

I also laughed at the way he and an assistant coach looked like on the sideline just before Texas tied the game. Just stood there looking like morons that didn't have a clue. I thought to myself, if Texas was on our 1 yard line trying to tie the game, Venables and Stoops would be signalling, yelling encouragement, gesturing, doing something to stir up our D.

misplaced_sooner
11/5/2007, 09:26 AM
Gundy is great entertainment...

Pass the popcorn!

Andrew

crimson&cream
11/5/2007, 09:29 AM
Now thats funny I don't care what you say! But wrong!
Here's something that is true "LosuR girls aren't trash, because trash gets picked up!"

OUmillenium
11/5/2007, 09:34 AM
No, I think he looks stupid all the time. That is all

soonerhubs
11/5/2007, 09:49 AM
The Big XII has a PR campaign to promote good sportsmanship...
Yes, the main point of that campaign is to discourage people from being upset at the crappy officiating the Big 12 Officials are quite content with.

sendbaht
11/5/2007, 10:00 AM
He a man, he's 40 leave him alone...:)

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2007, 10:02 AM
I'm just still in awe opf how badly Texas continues to OWN OSU in the 2nd halves of games. :eek:

From espn.com:

The five biggest comebacks in the 115-year history of Texas football all have come under Brown -- and now, three of them have come against Oklahoma State.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

priceless.

A. that it happens to Silo Tech

B. that texass has to work so damn hard to beat the 40 year-old Ben Stiller Hair Product's endorser...[hairGel]

Orange. Please.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahagiggle

TopDawg
11/6/2007, 06:01 PM
That already happened in the Alabama-Mississippi game 3 weeks ago:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200710130077

Wasn't the review in the Oregon game last year also a penalty review? The only way they could overturn the ruling on the field was if an Oregon player touched it before it went 10 yards, which would be a penalty.

Perhaps the only penalties that can be corrected in the booth are "yardage" penalties (line of scrimmage, 10 yards from kickoff, etc.)

usmc-sooner
11/6/2007, 08:51 PM
Wasn't the review in the Oregon game last year also a penalty review? The only way they could overturn the ruling on the field was if an Oregon player touched it before it went 10 yards, which would be a penalty.

Perhaps the only penalties that can be corrected in the booth are "yardage" penalties (line of scrimmage, 10 yards from kickoff, etc.)

I think there has also been other reviews of QB's stepping over the line as well.

olevetonahill
11/6/2007, 08:56 PM
has anyone said He looks Stupid ALL the time ?

TopDawg
11/7/2007, 12:44 AM
I think there has also been other reviews of QB's stepping over the line as well.

Yeah, I don't think we'll see replay being used anytime soon as a means to make "judgment" penalties (holding, pass interference, etc.), but on those "yardage" or "boundary" penalties, maybe that's always been the case.

Also going back to the Oregon game, there was a play after the onside kick where they called pass interference on us, but then reviewed it to see if the ball was tipped, therefore reviewing a play to see if they could overturn a penalty.

Or maybe that was the Texas Tech game 2 years ago. I'm having trouble keeping our replay ripoffs straight.

At any rate, back to the original point of this thread...yes, he looked stupid then and, as many others pointed out, that was not an isolated case. :D

kevpks
11/7/2007, 01:46 AM
Also going back to the Oregon game, there was a play after the onside kick where they called pass interference on us, but then reviewed it to see if the ball was tipped, therefore reviewing a play to see if they could overturn a penalty.

Was that the pass that broke the laws of physics and changed trajectory on its own?

SoonerEmpire
11/7/2007, 02:25 AM
Mike Gundy ALWAYS looks stupid, no matter the situation.

'Nuff said!

Crucifax Autumn
11/7/2007, 03:28 AM
That's for sure...friggin chia pet in an orange shirt!

jeremy885
11/7/2007, 10:07 AM
Was that the pass that broke the laws of physics and changed trajectory on its own?

Yes.