View Full Version : I love OU

Big Red Ron
11/4/2007, 10:22 AM
But I just don't see how KU stays below us this week.:O

KU is starting to look like OU circa 2000. :eek:

Mangino is the coach of the year. WOW!:D

fadada1
11/4/2007, 10:36 AM
ku hasn't had an october-type run like we did. that will hold them back. they have to have a ton of things happen for them to get in it - namely, beating us.

got to give it to them... they're playing great. nice to see mangino do well.

stoopified
11/4/2007, 10:37 AM
Quality wins?We have UT,MU.They have?

stoopified
11/4/2007, 10:40 AM
If they count aTm as a quality win,we can count them too and that makes it 3 >1.

Big Red Ron
11/4/2007, 10:42 AM
Their Oct run will be OSU, MU & OU. Not as stout as OU's but that's never happened in CF history and not likely to happen again.

Still a pretty stout Oct/Nov.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2007, 10:43 AM
Their Oct run will be OSU, MU & OU. Not as stout as OU's but that's never happened in CF history and not likely to happen again.

Still a pretty stout Oct/Nov.
I think Mizzou will beat them. Hopefully not though. That Mizzou team would be hard to beat twice.

Big Red Ron
11/4/2007, 10:44 AM
I think Mizzou will beat them. Hopefully not though. That Mizzou team would be hard to beat twice.May be right but I'll take KU.

OklahomaTuba
11/4/2007, 10:49 AM
KU moving ahead of us would be just fine with me.

If we beat a #3 or #4 KU in the CCG, we might just get into the big game.

tulsaoilerfan
11/4/2007, 10:50 AM
Again, has KU even beaten a ranked opponent this season? They got the scheduling break by not having to play OU or Texas, and haven't faced Mizzou yet; we all know thier OOC schedule was horrible; even undefeated i don't see how they could be rated above a 1 loss Sooner team

OklahomaTuba
11/4/2007, 10:51 AM
Here's a question:

If Stoops were to ever leave OU (and I pray he doesn't for a long, long time), would we as fans consider Mangino as a replacement??

Unfortunatly, I think too many people wouln't be able to see past his weight problem.

Scott D
11/4/2007, 10:54 AM
he has a weight problem?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2007, 10:55 AM
Here's a question:

If Stoops were to ever leave OU (and I pray he doesn't for a long, long time), would we as fans consider Mangino as a replacement??

Unfortunatly, I think too many people wouln't be able to see past his weight problem.
I agree. In all seriousness, this is the discrimination of the 21st century.

BigRedJed
11/4/2007, 10:57 AM
Guys, stop worrying about KU's ranking, or who they've played. I HOPE they pass OU. They are the only team in the country that I hope passes the Sooners, because OU has something to say about where the 'hawks end up. Beating an undefeated, highly ranked KU in the CCG is probably the best thing that could happen to OU's BCS championship chances, provided the Sooners run the table up to that point.

Oh, and Ron, although I'm enjoying watching them, they are hardly the 2000 Sooners.

BigRedJed
11/4/2007, 10:58 AM
But I agree that Mangino is the coach of the year.

BigRedJed
11/4/2007, 10:59 AM
So far.

Big Red Ron
11/4/2007, 11:00 AM
Oh, I agree, I'd be more than happy for them to pass us. We'll get to play them or MU again in San Anton!

They'll certainly play us tough though!

The_Red_Patriot
11/4/2007, 11:11 AM
KU has no defense.

There I said it

KABOOKIE
11/4/2007, 11:14 AM
I agree. In all seriousness, this is the discrimination of the 21st century.

Fat people can stop being fat.

fadada1
11/4/2007, 11:14 AM
he has a weight problem?
apparently not. he seems to be getting bigger and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

:D

Stitch Face
11/4/2007, 11:17 AM
Ticking Time Bomb

josh09
11/4/2007, 11:19 AM
I think Mizzou will kill Kansas.

Big Red Ron
11/4/2007, 11:25 AM
I think Mizzou will kill Kansas.I wouldn't be shocked to see it the other way.

stoopified
11/4/2007, 11:25 AM
I think Mizzou will beat them. Hopefully not though. That Mizzou team would be hard to beat twice.
Either way is good for OU.KU,MU are ranked right there together so IF they both roll into their SHOWDOWN at seasons end unscathed,a SOONER victory over KU or MU is good for OU.

Big Red Ron
11/4/2007, 11:27 AM
Either way is good for OU.KU,MU are ranked right there together so IF they both roll into their SHOWDOWN at seasons end unscathed,a SOONER victory over KU or MU is good for OU.Will it count since we already beat MU?

47Wins
11/4/2007, 11:40 AM
I haven't watched a KU game this year, but if yesterday was representative of their defense Mizzou will go through them like crap through a goose.

Stitch Face
11/4/2007, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing KU clobba Mizzou; then we wouldn't have to rematch against them (potential death sentence) and it would be fun to see how we match up against the Man Mountain should we win out.

And face it, losing to KU in the CCG would be more befuddling/awe-inspiring than frustrating. Losing a rematch to MU would just **** me off.

rubyspirit
11/4/2007, 11:48 AM
KU has no defense.

There I said it

Agreed.

Big Red Ron
11/4/2007, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing KU clobba Mizzou; then we wouldn't have to rematch against them (potential death sentence) and it would be fun to see how we match up against the Man Mountain should we win out.

And face it, losing to KU in the CCG would be more befuddling/awe-inspiring than frustrating. Losing a rematch to MU would just **** me off.Aaaaaahhhhhhhh Men.:D

fadada1
11/4/2007, 11:50 AM
i think ku beats mizzou. their defense is good/fast enough to hold a mobile QB. we did it, and i think ku can do it. i also can't see mizzou stopping ku's offense.

BigRedJed
I think they fixed the BCS element that gave a team NO credit for beating a team twice in a season, but I still think it would count less in voters' minds than beating a totally new team that's undefeated and riding the top of the polls. It is far, far better for the Sooners if KU wins out and then OU beats them, IMO.

Plus, I just hate giving a shot to a team that you've already beaten. They've got nothing to lose, and everything to gain, and it's the other way around for you. It's one of the things that often bugs me about the CCG.

Charla
2000 Sooners ? Didn't we beat Nebraska that year when they were ranked #1 and like the week before that we had to play Tx. and they were ranked like #4 at the time. Gimme a break, WTF has Ks. beat ? I think we also had beaten another ranked team in Oct. that year. If Kansas could beat Ohio St., L.S.U. and then handle O.U. then I would be willing to talk about this. The other thing is if the Big 12 is so weak this year I bet we will have 3 teams in the top ten when the new rankings come out.

Charla
11/4/2007, 11:54 AM
And that's another thing I think we also had the #1 D in the nation that year. Do you live in Kansas or just like ugly sunflowers?

SoonerMom2
11/4/2007, 12:34 PM
Here's a question:

It is not his weight, it is his personality. As a former Norman North Mom no way would I ever want Mangino back to coach OU. Remember him well from his son playing football for North and his nasty personality around North fans and his attacks on the refs which were way over the top. He used to come down by the band because he got into it with too many football parents. Kansas can keep him because I NEVER want to see him coach in Norman again.

No thanks, I will take a pass and frankly was glad to see Mangino leave OU and Norman.

SoonerMom2
11/4/2007, 12:38 PM
In October we had Texas, Kansas State, and Nebraska right in a row and at the time Nebraska was #1 when we beat them here in Norman. No way can you compare Kansas schedule to OU's in 2000 and anyone that does has to be a Kansas homer.

Kansas didn't play Texas, OU, or Tech this year and as we all know Nebraska and K-State are down this year along with Iowa State so what does that tell you about Kansas? Not to mention their pre-season. If they consider A&M a quality win then we just beat A&M as well.

BigRedJed
11/4/2007, 12:43 PM
BRINGING THE HATE FOR THE FIGHTING MANGINOS!!

OK2LA
11/4/2007, 12:51 PM
Kansas will devour Missouri.

OklahomaTuba
11/4/2007, 02:18 PM
It is not his weight, it is his personality. As a former Norman North Mom no way would I ever want Mangino back to coach OU. Remember him well from his son playing football for North and his nasty personality around North fans and his attacks on the refs which were way over the top. He used to come down by the band because he got into it with too many football parents. Kansas can keep him because I NEVER want to see him coach in Norman again.

No thanks, I will take a pass and frankly was glad to see Mangino leave OU and Norman.

I think I have a new name for Mangino...

The Big Nasty.

:D