PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy of a poke meltdown

Okla-homey
11/4/2007, 10:06 AM
heh.

8:40 left in the 3Q

Looks like the pokeys have this one in the bank. Unfortunately, they forgot to close the vault door.:D

texass 14
oSucc 35

11:40 left in the 4Q

18yd rush for wHorn TD

texass 21
oSucc 35

7:30 left in the 4Q

75 yd run for wHorn TD (capped a 99 yd drive)

texass 28
oSucc 35

3:22 left in the 4Q

91 yd wHorn drive capped by 1 yd TD run

35 all

1:13 left in the 4Q

oSucc misses 32 yard FG

still tied

At the end of regulation play

wHorns boot a 40 yarder.

texass 38
oSucc 35

SoonerBorn
11/4/2007, 10:10 AM
I was sentenced to Stillwater for 4 years. While there, one of the die hard Cowboy fans I knew said "OSU has a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."

That seemed to be the case yesterday.

Jerk
11/4/2007, 10:19 AM
So much for their 'Big XII South Champions' delusion.

yermom
11/4/2007, 11:37 AM
could still happen if they win out :eek:

yeah, right :D

King Crimson
11/4/2007, 11:43 AM
Rix should have ended it in regulation. poor Aggie. i actually fell asleep on the couch after the commercial break between reg and OT. woke up after it was over.

Okla-homey
11/4/2007, 11:57 AM
Rix should have ended it in regulation. poor Aggie. i actually fell asleep on the couch after the commercial break between reg and OT. woke up after it was over.

WTH are you talking about? ;)

There was no OT in this game. wHorns outdid pokeys 24-0 in the last 11:40 of the game.

King Crimson
11/4/2007, 12:00 PM
did i mention there was beer involved?

Okla-homey
11/4/2007, 12:25 PM
did i mention there was beer involved?

ah ha! The beer goggles were being worn. Beer goggles have a tendency to make us believe things are something they are not. You are absolved.;)

King Crimson
11/4/2007, 12:35 PM
ah ha! The beer goggles were being worn. Beer goggles have a tendency to make us believe things are something they are not. You are absolved.;)

yeah, but i was ready to go when we kicked off against ATM. i've got posts in the game thread to prove it.

StoopTroup
11/4/2007, 01:17 PM
Another "We played great" = POKE CHOKE

BillyBall
11/4/2007, 01:26 PM
What I find to be fairly humorous is that it seemed like the Okie Light fans were neither shocked nor were they at all surprised by the choke job. I'm sure as soon as Whorn cut it to 7 after the 75 yard run by Charles half of the crowd probably expected it.

bri
11/4/2007, 10:01 PM
Well, since this is what Horn does to aggy almost every year, they're kind of used to it.

I'M A MAN! I'M RESIGNED TO A LIFETIME OF MEDIOCRITY!!!

Veritas
11/4/2007, 10:04 PM
Man, being a Poke fan would really suck. They've gotta know deep down they're always going to be a B-list program at best.

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 10:05 PM
Well, since this is what Horn does to aggy almost every year, they're kind of used to it.

I'M A MAN! I'M RESIGNED TO A LIFETIME OF MEDIOCRITY!!!
Spek at ya bro
Hell Even I knew they were gonna poke it up ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2007, 10:11 PM
I turned it off at 35-14 to start the 4th..the wife asked me why and I said i m gonna go to mcdonalds but i ll be back in time for the choke fest. I told her its a little game macky plays with them every year. kinda like when your playing your little brother in a game of one on one and you let the score get out of hand and just when his little hopes are getting up...you bring em back to reality..

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 10:16 PM
I turned it off at 35-14 to start the 4th..the wife asked me why and I said i m gonna go to mcdonalds but i ll be back in time for the choke fest. I told her its a little game macky plays with them every year. kinda like when your playing your little brother in a game of one on one and you let the score get out of hand and just when his little hopes are getting up...you bring em back to reality..
You went to McPuke :eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2007, 10:18 PM
yeah...I was hungry but was saving the hot links wrapped in pepperjack cheese for the game. I m usually wendy's guy but I only had 2 dollars...2 dollars = 2 double cheeseburgers

bri
11/4/2007, 10:18 PM
Man, being a Poke fan would really suck. They've gotta know deep down they're always going to be a B-list program at best.

Well, they did manage to turn you guys' Homecoming into a scene from Oz. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2007, 10:20 PM
oh no their kickin it with Kathy Griffin

Veritas
11/4/2007, 10:27 PM
Well, they did manage to turn you guys' Homecoming into a scene from Oz. ;)
True. But we'll be back, whereas Pokes have no "back" to which they can anticipate a return.

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 10:31 PM
True. But we'll be back, whereas Pokes have no "back" to which they can anticipate a return.
Well said .

Veritas
11/4/2007, 10:32 PM
Well said .
Thank you. I had to think for a second about how avoid ending that sentence with a preposition.

OUinFLA
11/4/2007, 10:34 PM
Thank you. I had to think for a second about how avoid ending that sentence with a preposition.

True. But we'll be back, whereas Pokes have no "back" to return to, azzhole.

works everytime.

olevetonahill
11/4/2007, 10:55 PM
works everytime.
You English majors ,:confused: me every time :confused:

TopDaugIn2000
11/4/2007, 11:11 PM
I"m sure it was a moral victory.

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 12:26 AM
I"m sure it was a moral victory.
Oh yeah...a very moral victory...

Here's an Orange Power Thread discussing it. :D

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43623

And this....

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43671

:pop: :hot:

Mixer!
11/5/2007, 12:59 AM
TEE-SHIRTS ARE ON SALE IN THE STUDENT UNION BOOKSTORE! [hairGel]

bri
11/5/2007, 01:06 AM
Oh yeah...a very moral victory...

Here's an Orange Power Thread discussing it. :D

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43623

And this....

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=43671

:pop: :hot:

I liked how even in a thread about how sucky their fans were acting, they managed to take a shot at OU as having the worst fans along with Tech.

God, I hate those f*ckin' apes.

Mixer!
11/5/2007, 01:16 AM
One day we will have big time coaches to go with a big time program. Can't really have one without the other. But like it or not, it will take a job search outside the Stillwater city limits.

I know you're sick of hearing "give him some time" -- I am too. But seriously, give him some time. He wants to be here, he is Oklahoma State, and he could turn out to be a great football coach some day.
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9433/lolmu3.jpg

silverwheels
11/5/2007, 01:17 AM
I liked how even in a thread about how sucky their fans were acting, they managed to take a shot at OU as having the worst fans along with Tech.

God, I hate those f*ckin' apes.

Yeah, well, they hate OU more than they like OSU, so....

goingoneight
11/5/2007, 01:43 AM
Did anyone who watched this game think of a situation like stoops the eternal pimp brought up? My closest comparison is a father on his knees boxing with his son. The little son is hitting away and all of a sudden, daddy's had enough and knocks the his son flat on his azz.

They cut the game off too early and I didn't get any :stunned: faces on my DVR.

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2007, 02:16 AM
I personally liked this chestnut:

I did see 1 Texas player point to the symbol on his helmet before the game when everyone was cheering as BOTH teams ran on the field. That is pretty bad when you can't show how good you are on the field and have to refer to your history being better than ours, show what kind of posistion your program is in now.

Now, I have a **** poor memory, and the attention span of a retarded spider monkey, but didn't saxeT show that they were in fact, better than lOSUr that day on the field? No granted, lOSUr will never have the tradition and history to match a program like UT, so if the whorn did that, he had a very valid point, but then again, I think the score board had a pretty valid point that day too.

Jimminy Crimson
11/5/2007, 02:19 AM
I did see 1 Texas player point to the symbol on his helmet before the game when everyone was cheering as BOTH teams ran on the field. That is pretty bad when you can't show how good you are on the field and have to refer to your history being better than ours, show what kind of posistion your program is in now.

:D That is awesome. This defines 'poor aggies' to a t!

olevetonahill
11/5/2007, 03:00 AM
Well hell
Are Yall sayin aggots suucs? worser than :texan:
:confused:
Aw hell No they Both Succs

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2007, 03:05 AM
I kinda felt bad for Mack out there through the first 3 quarters. But he clapped and clapped his team back into the game