PDA

View Full Version : Who represents the Big XII South for the title if . . .

Jacie
11/4/2007, 09:30 AM
. . . the aggroids beat the Sooners and the Big XII South finishes with three teams at 6-2?

Soonerus
11/4/2007, 09:34 AM
Sooners...

stoopified
11/4/2007, 10:50 AM
. . . the aggroids beat the Sooners and the Big XII South finishes with three teams at 6-2?
You are assuming Pukes beat KU at home and OU in Norman?Ain't gonna happen.More likely scenario has OU. losing (on the road) to TT but beating oSu and BU.I'm not saying OU will lose to TT but that it is more likely to happen than oSu winning in Norman as we are much better at home and oSu sucks on the road.Gundy has only 1 Big 12 road win in his hc career(at lowly NEBRASKA).

Boomerbrad
11/4/2007, 11:00 AM
Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
5. The highest ranked team in the fi rst Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

Scott D
11/4/2007, 11:04 AM
8. Oklahoma State's only serious consideration is how much money Mr. Boone Pickens will contribute to the Big 12 Commissioner's Fund.

The_Red_Patriot
11/4/2007, 11:09 AM
Why was this ever a thread?

josh09
11/4/2007, 11:16 AM
Guys, dont worry. We dont have to worry about this because were going to win out, and beat whoever we play in the Big 12 championship, which will give us enough points in the BCS to boost us up to #2, because by that time OSU would have lost to Michigan, and Oregon will have lost to Arizona! Or maybe we wont need Oregon to lose at all, because if we beat a highly ranked North team (Mizzou or Kansas) then i think we will jump Oregon in the standings.

But wouldnt that be just fantastic that the team that beat Oregon in order for us to get to the NC is coached by the brother of our HC?

Believe me, ive thought this all out.

badger
11/4/2007, 11:56 AM
Ehhh.... well, basically, tie breakers are head-to-head matchups.

So, assuming that you are referring to Texas finishing 6-2 and Texas Tech finishing 6-2 and the aggies losing out the rest of the season (except the OU game, as per your scenario), as OU beat Texas and T-ceh, we go.

Now, do you really think aggot will beat us? If so, I've got a nice red square for you :mad:

DreamZ22
11/4/2007, 12:46 PM
Why was this ever a thread?

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegas Vic
11/4/2007, 01:20 PM
I think OU will win out, but what would happen if Texas wins out, OSU wins out and OU loses to OSU? With a 3-way tie for first at 6-2, who wins the tiebreaker under those rules published in the previous thread?